13»

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited February 2023

Oops, double entry! See below.

Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited February 2023

To show you the textures and sky settings of the 'shell with pearl' or 'big eye', I decided to use a new comment to keep things separated. See pictures.

HM11_lobe.JPG
    801 x 634 - 74K
    HM11-bigsphere.JPG
    804 x 634 - 64K
    HM11_secondsmallsphere.JPG
    805 x 642 - 65K
    HM11_sphereinbigsphere.JPG
    815 x 639 - 68K
    HM11_groundplane.JPG
    803 x 642 - 68K
    HM11_sunmoon.JPG
    796 x 670 - 87K
    HM11_atmosphere.JPG
    800 x 678 - 80K
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Wow Hansmar, some excellent textures there.  Are these existing textures, created by you or existing ones that were tweaked?  I'm going to try some of your settings on existing textures that I have.  Very cool and thanks for sharing.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Thanks for sharing Hansmar, I have the same question as NGartplay wink

edited February 2023

NGartplay, mermaid, Thanks very much.

I am too lazy to start texturing from scratch. So, I take existing textures that are in the direction of what I am looking for, or just click through random textures till I find a good starting point and then I start tweaking. Largely trial and error, with some informed guesswork as well. I only recently started playing more often with the settings like sinusoidal, spherical, object top, that I usually disregarded. I was used to only play with parametric, parametric scaled, object space and world space. But specifically for these kind of abstracts, other options are nice to try as well. And, of course, I tend to play with reflection, transparency, bump, etc. That's of course the fun of this kind of program, you can try and play without any risk.

And don't forget that sky settings, including the location of the sun, can have a huge effect on what the texture will look like.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,828

Completely agree Hansmar.  I've made some textures but only following tutorials.  I have so many good ones already in my library :) :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997

Thanks Hansmar for the explanation, there was a time after doing David's Remix - Pro Mat tutorial, I used to save textures from different materials and for some reason I stopped, hopefully I will start again.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119

Hansmar - thank you for showing the materials used.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Hansmar : thank you for explaining the materials.