How to make V4/M4 full body MATs?

2»

Comments

• BC Rice said:
    MDO2010 said:
    BC Rice said:

Whoa. I swear that I tried this a hundred different ways in 7.2 and it never worked. But I just tried it now in 8.5 (which I just recently picked up) and it worked. 

So...problem solved. I don't understand it, but it totally does exactly like you said. Even if the ears, nipples, etc, is in the same map with the torso, when you apply it to a shading domain for the torso, it totally knows what to do with it. 

Cool beans! Thanks all! :D

Glad you got it to work.

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    MDO2010 said:
    BC Rice said:
    MDO2010 said:
    BC Rice said:

Whoa. I swear that I tried this a hundred different ways in 7.2 and it never worked. But I just tried it now in 8.5 (which I just recently picked up) and it worked. 

So...problem solved. I don't understand it, but it totally does exactly like you said. Even if the ears, nipples, etc, is in the same map with the torso, when you apply it to a shading domain for the torso, it totally knows what to do with it. 

Cool beans! Thanks all! :D

Glad you got it to work.

Yeah, the one thing I still can't figure out is how to apply an entire body texture map (with multiple shading domains) in one click. 

Like, when I purchase a figure, all I have to do is click on the figure that I want, and poof -- the entire character is shaded, all of its texture maps appropriately applied. 

It didn't look like we went over how to create that in this convo. Any last words on that? Did I miss where we talked about it? Thanks

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited September 2015

Once you have it set-up the way you want it, with all the maps assigned to the right material zones, drag and drop the multi-colored ball into your browser to save it.  Then when you want to apply it, just drag it from the browser back to the multi-colored ball and it will apply load all your maps and apply your settings to the character.

3DAGE included a screenshot earlier in the thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/895467/#Comment_895467) of how to apply it - just do the reverse to save it in the first place. smiley

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i've been dreaming of using the 3dpaint to make a tramp stamp for g2m, across seams.  
    i don't understand how to import the tattoo, then export as a finished texture map.

• You can choose to paint across shading domains.
  • MistyMist said:

i've been dreaming of using the 3dpaint to make a tramp stamp for g2m, across seams.  
    i don't understand how to import the tattoo, then export as a finished texture map.

Import it as an image with mask unticked in the brush have both torso and hip separate maps ticked and stamp it on, makes sure very big maps and may need to test fast UV and undo till you get best result smudges easily too, save as a shader dragging to browser to make Carrara create the map.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited September 2015
    MistyMist said:

Import it as an image with mask unticked in the brush have both torso and hip separate maps ticked and stamp it on, makes sure very big maps and may need to test fast UV and undo till you get best result smudges easily too, save as a shader dragging to browser to make Carrara create the map.

Exiting the paint tool and saving the scene also saves the map.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

can it really be that easy?

kewl!  thanks!!

• When you start a new painted texture, it will ask you what you want to call it, and where you want to save it. No images are created in the chosen location until you exit the paint tool and save the scene. The maps will then be written to the location you had previously chosen.