57th Bryce contest (Lonely islands)

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Thanks again NGartplay, adbc and mermaid, looks as if I got it right this time laugh

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited March 2023

You guys and girls are getting into the mood I see. Some great entries, ed3D, Horo, adbc, Yellow Pen. Hope I did not forget anyone. And sorry to hear from your health issues Drachenlords.

I decided to update the birds-eye view of my first entry and this will be the final entry (I think). Name: shark island.

shark island5.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 983K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,829

Hansmar, I like the sea level view too.  The island figure stands out in this one.  I didn't notice it before.  Great job.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998

Hansmar very nicely done, I only noticed the stranded guy, superb work

Hansmar - the guy seems to be in a difficult position with this small boat and all the hungry fish. Very nicely done entry.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099
    edited March 2023

Hansmar : Wonderful work, well done.

My last entry : Island rescue

bryce terrains, the plane : archive 3d, the figure : Victoria 4 (belly dancer)

island rescue.jpg
    950 x 551 - 81K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - another great entry. Lets hope the airplane will land and rescue the lady.

Horo : thank you.

Adbc another beautiful entry, very nice lighting 

adbc, she won't be lonely for long :)

mermaid, NGartplay : thank you.

NGartplay, mermaid, Horo, adbc, Thank you. But why you all consider the girl to be a guy wink?

adbc very nice render. And please send that plane to my girl's rescue too!

It's hard to tell when they're just bones :)

Hansmar : thank you.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Hansmar and adbc ...both entries are beautiful. Very special atmosphere Hansmar, and the scene you show us, adbc, tells a story.

Yellow Pen : thank you.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983
    edited March 2023

And  another   W.I.P.

BIG_ISLAND 1AB.png
    1280 x 720 - 645K
    Post edited by ed3D on

Ed, we should celebrate Earth day.  Great message.

ed3D - yes, great message and also a great W.I.P.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

NGartplay  Horo   :   well  ,  didnt especialy  plan on leaveing the Text  on  +
     _  but Earth Day is comeing up   + &   Thanx very much 

ed3D - very nice Earth Day render

ed3D : great message, wonderful render.

NGArtplay, She may be skinny, but certainly not just bones. I'll create a close-up for you (which will not be an entry).

Ed3D, very to the point message and good W.I.P. You could perhas add some human element (a boat or so) that is tiny next to the island to clearly show that it is a big island indeed.Of course, the flying saucer could be kilometers wide, but we cannot see that, so with that saucer next to it, the island actually looks rather small to me, instead of big.

• benbr11benbr11 Posts: 23

Here's my entry - A Lonely Icy Island In Space. I wonder when the last time was that someone went fishing in this lake?

adbc - The castle from my neck of the woods! Great render : )

Night Mountains.3..png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited April 2023

benbr11, Wonderful render! Great sky and good focus on the island.

My second entry: Stranded. A quite simple set-up.

The island is from Jonathan Allen Cummings, the shed is from ammaslahan1 at Turbosquid (from a set called gubuk kayu), the message in a bottle is from Rollthebryce at Sketchfab, The man is from DAZ and the Australian Pelican is from the SongbirdMix collection (from Ken Gilliland, first at Hivewire, not at Renderosity). The boat is from Free3D. I changed the texture ot the island and textured the shed and the boat. I also textured the bottle and the paper and changed the size of the paper and the position in the bottle. The sky is from David Brinnen/Horo (with a HDRI), but modified a little. The sun effect is an effect from Jepe at DAZ. It is in front of the sun and there is a spotlight from the front to give it this look.

stranded.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 576K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, I'm feeling sorry for this poor soul on the lonely island.  Wonderfully done.

Benbr11 - lovely entry, love the atmosphere, I even see a face in the clouds, well done.

Hansmar - superb work, nice addition of the boat, bird, bottle, the atmosphere is awesome with the sun so bright, poor guy sitting under the blazing sun. I love the water texture and reflections so cool.

benbr11, I completely missed your entry.  Wonderfully done island and great sky.  I has a very lonely feel to it.

benbr11 - great entry, looks very dramatic.

Hansmar - very nicely done entry.

benbr11 : thank you. Wonderful image, beautiful sky, very well done.

Hansmar : impressive image, excellent atmosphere with the bright sun