Female poses are so oversexualized

124»

Comments

• I would love some same sex couple poses. But call them what they are. =-)

Friends poses would also be great. Especially male friends.

The thing that bugs me about the ladies poses... Is the difference between the male nad female version. I was posing an armored woman and the poses which came with the set were obviously designed to look sexy rather than functional in combat. Ridiculous. The male versions aren't all tarted up.

I get that sex sells but please grasshopper. Not everyone wants their female character in full bodyarmor to have her hip thrust out trying to attract a mate. It just looks so obviously sexual

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

You know what's really funny are the default expression poses for Flirting. I wouldn't use them for anything but comedy skits.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I think we see them as sexualised in part because we're expecting it; poses taken out of context leave it up to our experience of where we normally see certain types of poses. A pose done by an adult may be taken in one way, yet by a child another. We are in the business, like Daz and PAs, of portraying what we see, but of also of portraying what we want to see; our own personal likes, dislikes and predjudices are going to come into play.

So perhaps, we should relook at these poses (yes some are still going to come across as over sexualised) and think in what context might these poses also be used. We're in the business ( be it hobby, or otherwise) of telling stories; forget our predjucies and our expectations and look for new ways to tell a story - we might be surprised with what we discover.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,926
    edited September 2015
    Linton said:

I'd like to see bike-riding poses, car driving, talking with friends poses, banter poses, charades poses, exacerbated psoes, illustrating poses, painting poses, dialing phone numbers on cell phone, and many other types

Good suggestions. :) I already had car driving poses on my list, but the trouble with those are that the car models are often not to scale for the Genesis/Genesis 2/3 models, so it's a real "art" (that includes lots of cursing and shaking of one's fists) to get a decent pose. And they don't translate from vehicle to vehicle very well either. (Heavy sigh...) I guess I need to build a car model for myself.

edited to add: I forgot that MattyManx's cars are close to scale and therefore are better than most models and I'll be looking at possibly making some pose sets to fit them. (It'd be easier than me trying to build a car myself. I can just imagine how bald I would be after making one of those, as I foresee lots of hair pulling to get it "just right". Lol)

Post edited by FeralFey on
    jakiblue said:

So if Feral Fey is still reading.....companion/friend poses? :D :D  

Of course I'm still reading. With a group of customers after my own heart here, how could I not? Lol. 

And yes, companion/friend poses is another excellent suggestion. I was just compiling a list of poses that I need to work on "right now" and I think this fits the bill perfectly. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    FeralFey said:
    Linton said:

I'd like to see bike-riding poses, car driving, talking with friends poses, banter poses, charades poses, exacerbated psoes, illustrating poses, painting poses, dialing phone numbers on cell phone, and many other types

Good suggestions. :) I already had car driving poses on my list, but the trouble with those are that the car models are often not to scale for the Genesis/Genesis 2/3 models, so it's a real "art" (that includes lots of cursing and shaking of one's fists) to get a decent pose. And they don't translate from vehicle to vehicle very well either. (Heavy sigh...) I guess I need to build a car model for myself.

Sell the car as part of the package?

I don't why I'm so blithely committing you to that; I've never attempted to get the model in my profile into Daz.

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited September 2015

I don't know.  I think I can find some use for oversexualized poses...

That Pose.jpg
    809 x 1200 - 698K
    Post edited by daveleitz on
  • lol!  I think we need to render a bunch of these kinds of scenes to balance out the DAZ gallery.  cheeky

• I skipped the last 2 pages, but I like the Body Talk for Genesis Poses from ShareCG, they're just Partials, there are 3 different pose sets, one for arms, one for Legs and one for Hands and head.

you can create many different poses, also use them with other poses.

when I have a pose I like I save the pose in presets, starting to get a nice collection , I have Playful, Strike a pose , Tease, Sitting, and just plain Pose. only issues I have is, not all my models are the same,(well none are) so many times I have to adjust depending which model the pose was saved to. I have just started my attempt of creating couple poses,  wow those I find more challenging .

Course these are for myself  since my models  are more Petite or Athletic, not sure if that is why I have to adjust them every time I use them, but those Body Talk partials work great

•   2.5 This is a sexualized thing-- high heels and tiptoes are viewed as sexy due to the way that they accentuate the calf muscles.  Apparently that is the main reason why high-heeled sneakers exist.  I'm serious.  High heel tennis shoes. 

Accentuating the calf muscles; a lot of ladies' calf muscles have a "soft" look.  High heels do show musculature and shape.

"Sure he (Fred Astaire) was great, but don't forget that Ginger Rogers did everything he did, ...backwards and in high heels."

Now there was one hell of a lady, dancer or not, and high heels or not.

• caravelle said:
    Even the subtle is not so subtle - standing on toes; take a look around you Daz. It happens, but the ratio is way off the pose availability.
    There are two reasons for this.  1. To accomadate high heels  2. Again we encounter the classic comicbook style, where even barefoot characters fight and make their striking poses in tiptoes.  2.5 This is a sexualized thing-- high heels and tiptoes are viewed as sexy due to the way that they accentuate the calf muscles.  Apparently that is the main reason why high-heeled sneakers exist.  I'm serious.  High heel tennis shoes. 

I could go mad or burst out laughing (depending on my actual mood) when I see all those 3D girls in flat heels or barefoot, but walking on tiptoes. I often wondered if nobody except me saw it that way, and I'm happy there are at least a few others. Maybe it is because I grew up without the 'classic comic book'-culture...

Barefoot girls on tiptoe with no clear reason for being on tiptoe drives me up the wall.  Whenever I see that, I want to challenge the artist to stand like that (and it's usually some non-sensical pin up pose on top of that) for 20 minutes.  It can be done, but it's not fun.  If you want to show off the chick's calves, put her in heels at least.  Yes, even if she's otherwise naked.

Woof!  cheeky

Oh the imagery!

• I couldn't agree more.  The same goes for the outlandish outfits that adorns so-called "warriors".  No warrior in her right mind would wear such skimpy outfits into battle.  Fortunately, not all designers do this, just the majority

• I'd like to see bike-riding poses, car driving, talking with friends poses, banter poses, charades poses, exacerbated psoes, illustrating poses, painting poses, dialing phone numbers on cell phone, and many other types

What I need are some poses of someone sitting on the floor with their head down/arms on their bed.

I aggree, completley oversexualized. Weird though: even sexy poses seems oversxualized. Those poses have become some anoying stereotypes: strechting butt out and tounge between lips.
    The butt-stretching thing is in comic books as well.  Likewise, both sexes ALWAYS have their backs arched, even when crouching or sitting, and always have their chests puffed up and their guts sucked in.  This is also commonly seen in fantasy drawings and art.  Again for the reason I mentioned in an earlier post that such poses are supposed to be "exciting" and immediately draw the viewer's eyes to the figure, while realistic poses are "boring". 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    j cade said:

That I have labled "unbreak spine" because thats what it does. Below are renders of default gen3 and my fixed version notice how, because shes not sticking her butt out she's actually about an inch taller. It really does help to remove some of the pinup out of pose sets (It tones down the butt/boob element at least)

I wouldn't mind if you put that up as frebie somewhere...

Heads up. Shameless plug - my store is on sale today (at least for the moment). It's not advertised and I don't know if it's a glitch, but I thought I'd let you all know. wink

• Just to tell you- I uploaded the male walking poses to share cg, female poses will follow soon. Link is in the Freebee-section of this forum.

• Just to tell you- I uploaded the male walking poses to share cg, female poses will follow soon. Link is in the Freebee-section of this forum.

Cool, thanks!