products(items) with duplicate ID erroer in ds 4.5

kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
edited August 2012 in The Commons

someguy give me PM, so he said he had same problems about duplicate ID erroer.

I think if it cuase my handmade or reformed items, it seems my fault.

but actually the many sceane just wear daz products on figure and set pose which cause duplicate ID erroer.

so I make new empty scene, then just road them new sceane, it cause duplicate ID erroer.

I am so tired of to say something daz bug, but it seems better if some guys can known which products cause
duplicate ID erroera. so just report here.

if someone found duplicate ID erroer, please check your installer version.
and tell here if you itemized order history download new ver, duplicate ID erroer removed or not.

if other people make same topic , I copy the report to there.
I am exciting because how many duplicate ID erroer, I will found,,

=========================================
FantasyWrap for genesis

13522_FantasyWrapforGenesis_1.2_ds
13522_FantasyWrapforGenesisMetaData_1.2_ds

Miyu
belt.dsf

14112_MiyuMetaData_1.3_ds
14112_Miyu_1.3_trx

Alruna
pants.dsf

13455_Alruna_1.2_trx
13455_AlrunaMetaData_1.2_ds

Amethyst Fantasy for genesis

top.dsf
skirt.dsf

13240_AmethystFantasyMetaData_1.1_ds
13240_AmethystFantasy_1.1_trx

Defiant for genesis

Defiant Mscabbard .dsf
13375_DefiantGen_v1.5_ds
13375_DefiantGenMetaData_v1.5_ds

FM fight club clothing
fmfc_gloves.dsf

14570_FMFCClothing_1.0_trx
14570_FMFCClothingMetaData_1.0_ds

Genesis Bikini

BikiniTop.dsf
BikiniBottom.dsf

13429_GenesisBikiniMetaData_1.2_ds
13429_GenesisBikini_1.2_trx

Hitomi Day Out
Hitomi day out Hair bow.dsf

14300_HitomisDayOutMetaData_1.2_ds
14300_HitomisDayOut_1.2_trx

Post edited by kitakoredaz on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

Reset the items from your order history - most, if not all, of those have been updated. You can also use my free script to fix the issue in most cases, if you don't want to download all your Genesis conforming items at once.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Richard I dare say you are perfectly miss understanding. this time.

why I should check every items up-date which installed for daz bug?

and why every user need check this forum and serch around about daz update,
    and need your or some good man tool need for duz bug?

why they do not just announce it, why they do not say apologize to customer,
    and why they just ask us to update products for their bug,
    if you use ds4.5.

and administrator, why they do not make the topic for announce items
    which need up-date?

someitems I bought one week ago. if DAZ check the producuts, why I need re-install and install them.
    and need send bug report.

it is DAZ shame. just hople take their hurt.

edited December 1969

I ask DAZ

DAZ announce every items which we need update for this ID bug
    in ds 4.5 product ver.

meke sticky in this forum, and someguy update everytime.

product page. too.

it is IMO if they can not just do it, they should stop sell products.

I really think so.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

I am not angry and excited at all. my english is worse I know. sorry about it.

and thank your meta-data tutorial I am just soory and so thanks,
    the meta-data power can not used for everyone.

it is best tutorial about daz 4 for me, I think .

but they imput wrong meta-data (it is jus funny .)

if how system and idea is good, we can not use it without correct data.

and who make data? it is daz. daz announce meta-data CMS and, some goodguys tell me how to by tutorial.

but they senn wrong product with wrong-meta-data.

and I say. this is my best positive attitude for daz.

I believe daz can do it. how long times they need for it.

no need no excuse.

edited August 2012

Now I understand .:P

moderator may never stop him.

is it good attitude? good manner?

one user up manytopics in few minutes to down and hide
    complain topic.

if he is self moderator ? or daz cleaner?

OK I quit it!!

whoisdoog.JPG
    769 x 509 - 60K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

This really s an annoying error. I have reset downloads and tried some of the updated products - no luck.
    I used Richard's script - no luck. The products disappear in some cases.
    Here-s a good one: I tried to load the MFD for Genesis before updating and it loaded OK after Duplicate ID error. I updated it to tne latest version, and now all I get is the blank item frame in the scene. (I have not tried Richard's script yet on this one, but I will tonight.)

I have also uninstalled and reinstall DAZ 4.5 three times to make sure the product was loading OK.

Honestly - there has to be a better way to eliminate the error/bug/inconvenience.

Perhaps if we all start a llist with the files that give the error (these are item files in the DAZ store, not scenes), then the problem might be addressed.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

Make sure you don't have two installations - if you do, and if the unupdated \Data folder files are found before the updated versions then those will be loaded, but the IDs won't match the IDs in the user file with the result that the item will be meshless (or material-less, depending on what was changed).

edited December 1969

ok, thanks, Richard.
    I did dio that with the Bikini, and deleted the data info and reinstalled witht he same problem. I will check again.
    I can understand how duplicate installs can mess things up.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Tip to make living with Genesis easier. Always pick create uninstaller for genesis items. When the item gets updated you Uninstall the old one and then Install the new one. It works for me so far. Eight items needed updated for 4.5Pro, I did the uninstall install and I'm very happy now.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip, Jaderail

As a note, here is a copy of the log file I get when loading an item that gives me the blank bouding box (in this case it's genesis bikini bottoms). It's telling me it can't find the geometry, I think

Duplicate id "BikiniBottoms" found in file "/data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf"
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1677): Could not find geometry definition: /data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf#BikiniBottoms.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4125): Could not find geometry for the material instance.m_uri.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1188): Failed to create material!
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5046): Unsupported formula: /data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf#BikiniBottoms
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf#BikiniBottoms
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5046): Unsupported formula: /data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf#BikiniBottoms
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf#BikiniBottoms
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf#BikiniBottoms
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4874): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/umblefugly/GenesisBikini/BikiniBottoms/BikiniBottoms.dsf#BikiniBottoms
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5808): Could not find geometry for applying UV Set!
    File loaded in 0 min 4.7 sec.
    Loaded file: BikiniBottoms.dsf

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did you Update that set without uninstalling the old set first? If you did this is what is happening. The old set is the first set of morphs listed in the database. When it gets to load Geomotry it's looking for the old file that more than likely was deleted or over written by the new file. At that point the load fails. The older morphs will always load first, from what I've read.

edited December 1969

ha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

it is good if someone can get answer from some advice in this complain and requaiment topic.

I hope if they need to use this topic. if they do not ask here , they can use another topic.

on the other hand,

it is not answer why daz can not announce about their problem.

and why someguy keep topic sticky about duplicate ID erroer, in forum,
    and everybody can find easy to how to correct and quesiton?

if there was the topic and it was sticky, no one need to make topic about duplicate ID items.

someone can find answer, and feel happy. but it is only private thing.

if anyone do not say daz to stop such attitude, DAZ keep selling with bug items ,
    and they never tell us when update, or not.

and they never tell us what is need for correct the problem
    and they never tell us how can we prevent such problem

almost of bug items are now corrected. it is usuall,
    the problem is sum bug they just leave off,
    and they do not announce it, if they recieve bug report,
    and there is no official topic about daz bug product,
    and update-date.

just think why we need many uninstall and install for use them in ds 4.5 .
    and just think why they do not announce it with ds 4.5 sticky topic for user.

edited December 1969

fixmypcmike.

you can not understand what I hope at all.
    if you think I serch the topic, so I complain and shout, it is misunderstanding.

of course I know the topic, I do not say comment about the topic.

but there is no describe about duplicate ID, and the topic is not for erroer.
    we can know new version up items from the topic.

I need to say thank much ?

but the topic is not sticky, that means everyone should find the topic if they need.
    and everytime ask here

"hi guys,, now I have a problem,, so"

"hey you can check this topic!! and you can uninstall!!
    you can use this good tool!!"

"Oh!! thank you!! you are so good person!!

yes we are happy!!

Do you think is it OK really?

who made the topic? it is DAZ announcements?

Now you see only tree in front of you, you can not see the forest of tree.

edited December 1969

I have a only little knowledge about PC, but I understand it is difficult to set everything automatic .
    and it is difficutl ,every products has no bugs.

but everyone can discribe problem. and if need make caution about product.
    and apologize (if need) and show people how to treat the problem.
    and ask user to help and wait until they can remove problem.

It is not concerend about how DAZ technical team are excellent or not.
    and how many worker works in DAZ .

it is not concerend how difficut to build good database for every customer and product.

just about company basic principal about announcement.

they must have priority about announcement of problem cuased by their product
    (I call it "bug") than sale advertisement or, recomendaiton about new application like
    sticky ds4.5 recomend topic.

(of course advertisement is improtant , everyone know that,
    but without right announcement about product,
    it often make people unhappy.)

eg if DAZ hope to use ds4.5, they need annoucnement about these problems more and more.
    there seems only a little caution about old items.

it is clear when check DAZ shop site, and this forum. as if they want to hide the problems
    I think daz do not recognize it yet.

DAZ is luck of ability to announcements. and it will not be improved,
    if some noizy men (like me) do not shout and cry everytime. never.

I feel not need say thank to daz at all , if only they can remove problem or bug.

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Reset the items from your order history - most, if not all, of those have been updated. You can also use my free script to fix the issue in most cases, if you don't want to download all your Genesis conforming items at once.

First of all thanks for pointing out the script, did not know it existed. Have the same isse with several products since 4.5

I agree with kitakoredaz

Daz is ignoring this problem (updates) for a long time now,I believe this was already a issue before the new website/store. With Genesis there are a lot more updates so it is becoming a bigger issue and annoyance. For example did a reset of the V5 bundle a few days ago, but several files are updated again for S5. so i have to find out which where updated and re-download them again. I've given up to keep my runtimes up to date.

What i do not understand, besides the user friendly part, in my opinion this could benefit DAZ also (download band-with maybe ?). Why not for example add a column (or a separate page) to the itemized history page with a last version/ update date, so at least you can see which items had a update? In my opinion this is a responsibility from DAZ and not from the community.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Tip to make living with Genesis easier. Always pick create uninstaller for genesis items. When the item gets updated you Uninstall the old one and then Install the new one. It works for me so far. Eight items needed updated for 4.5Pro, I did the uninstall install and I'm very happy now.
    Good point.... I was dumb and always uncheck the uninstaller option so now assuming I go thru all this uninstall/reinstall of content I will also need to find my original installers and first reinstall with the unistaller checked...lol. Anyway my 4.5 experience is still positive with what I have so I may postpone all this reinstalling...... why... I am an optimist and I believe Daz and Smith Micro are close to a Genesis/Poser solution... and when that happens all this Genesis content will be updated again with Poser materials.
    edited December 1969

I feel if some cold eyes against me and they may said in their mind
    "shit,,, that cr?zy guy up the topic again,,"%-P

but I do not care such atomosphere at all ,:lol:

and thanks jerham

yes , you said what I want to mention and I could not say well.

Why not for example add a column (or a separate page) to the itemized history page with a last version/ update date, so at least you can see which items had a update? In my opinion this is a responsibility from DAZ and not from the community.

and I apply some guys who bought ds 4 advanced before , can not get full ds 4.5 pro. still.

I do not understand the problem has removed or not, and someone can get new installer and new register for ds 4.5,
    but some guys may serch around forum now.

if we have a topic about only problems and bugs
    or if we have a category page about only problems for daz contents in this forum,
    many guys will be helped more easy..

(there needs no comment , only cheer or thanks daz, just report their bug and some person of daz answer
    how to remove bug, and official worker should order question and discribe answer like Q and A.
    of course should remain sticky every problems without perfectly removed.

because if only some one can find from answer, few months later new men who need
    answer will come.)

then If I perfectly angry about daz never buy anything, and uninstall every items of daz,
    and announce daz worst point for other people in my blog or may suggest ,never use it to my friends.

I may say "they are really jus F*** for me. you just kill your time if you install them."

can not believe it? it is usuall attitude of many common user.I feel,
    (of course I wil not do such things,, maybe?!)

actually every people has not so kind mind. and can keep good attitude about daz.
    (if no family or friend works in daz) it is usuall customer.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    Jaderail said:

Good point.... I was dumb and always uncheck the uninstaller option so now assuming I go thru all this uninstall/reinstall of content I will also need to find my original installers and first reinstall with the unistaller checked...lol. Anyway my 4.5 experience is still positive with what I have so I may postpone all this reinstalling...... why... I am an optimist and I believe Daz and Smith Micro are close to a Genesis/Poser solution... and when that happens all this Genesis content will be updated again with Poser materials.

There's an alternative approach, in the event you need an uninstaller, re-run the old installer and let it create one this time. It gives you the best of both worlds (but does require you to keep installers - I do).

edited December 1969

DWG -
    That is a good tip.
    I ended up deleteing DAZ 4.5 last night and starting over. I will see tonight if that helps with a fresh blank data directory. That gets scary too in that we are always told to keep our data directories sacred, but now it seems that using an established data directoy may be the root of greater problems in trying to sort out the duplicate ID problem.
    Also, I have been using Jay_Nola's updated content list to make sure I have the latest version (thanks Jay for this very worth-while endeavor), but I continue to have the problems with al lot of the updates I either get the dubolicate ID error, or no eroor and a blank bounding box in the scene.
    So I will try to start from scratch.
    It just seems like a LOT of extra work to try and compensate for an upgrade bug. That, in effect, makes it a downgrade.
    I will also say that the rest of DAZ 4.5 seems nice and quick. I guess that compensates for the slow fix for the error.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

The problem is not a bug in DS 4.5, it's a bug in the content which was not being picked up in DS 4.0. Unfortunately, because of the site change problems, they haven't been able to release the Install Manager, which would have avoided this problem. The product updates started in March, so if people were aware of it they could have been updating along the way instead of having to do it all at once.

edited December 1969

The problem is not a bug in DS 4.5, it's a bug in the content which was not being picked up in DS 4.0.

Agreed, I had Duplicate IDs in some files I'd created with the Transfer Utility and in that case it was stopping the clothing from functioning correctly in 4.0, when I edited them by hand it was a very clear error which I was able to correct manually, so it was something that definitely needed fixing. 4.0 just did things wrong, 4.5 spots the error and reports it (even better, the Transfer Utility doesn't create files with Duplicate IDs any more!)

Fixing it for yourself in your own files is relatively painless, fixing it for everyone who has downloaded a commercial item unfortunately requires them to take action as well.

edited December 1969

some guys cause things more worse.

I have no interesting, the duplicate ID erroer is made by installer or ds4.5.

I just understand I can use them in ds 4.0 without no ploblems.

after installed ds 4.5 I get many many duplicate ID erroer.

and most worse miserable thing is, DAZ not announced them ofiicialy never.

they only excuse or guidance . but I need not them at all.

and about hand made ID erroer caused by ds 4.0 with transfer utility,

It was well known bug, and I reported it when first I used transfer utlity here.

so what are you saying?

Now there are product which is rerealsed only few days ago,

but they still keep duplicate ID erroer.

and DAZ not announce it at all.

they just correct it if there are report.

sometimes they just leave off some problems which is easy to correct.

then if you angry and shout, they correct it.

as if DAZ is real child?

edited December 1969

about transfer utilitly in 4.0
    ds4.0 can not remove donner bone correctly with remove bones opiton,
    after you save the your reformed figure, it cause depulicate erroer.

so you can just remove bones correctly,

it is no need, to say here.

if you want to talk about the bug,

I just think why they keep the bug and did not update it until 4.5 product ver rereased.

if they think about user, they can just update the new 4.0 earlier for remove some bugs.

actually they keep their bug in 4.0 PC (product ver)
    ,and they recomend RC ver aprication to solve some problems.

DAZ think customer and user is just tester or reporter for their products problems and future new comer?

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

@kitakoredaz quote-I just think why they keep the bug and did not update it until 4.5 product ver rereased.

if they think about user, they can just update the new 4.0 earlier for remove some bugs.

actually they keep their bug in 4.0 PC (product ver)
    ,and they recomend RC ver aprication to solve some problems.

DAZ think customer and user is just tester or reporter for their products problems and future new comer?

I totally agree to this I feel exactly the same way -Thank Goodness I listened to my gut feelings on NOT to install DS4.5 I have nothing but hell since I starting using DS4 and yes I am one of them who payed for the DS4Pro-It seemed when I finally got the program to work like I *think* it should here came another update for it and then the circus of *correcting and updating files-redownloading,reinstalling* came again.Don't get me wrong I am glad the program is being worked on improving but SORRY I finally got DS4P 4.03.47 WORKING like I think it should and I REALLY not up to *FIXING* anymore problems with this program and got content installed which took forever cause of all the updates of program and content-I have spent more of my time *consumed* by trying to either fix, reinstall the program, reinstall content,redownload I haven't really had the time to *ENJOY* the program OR the content . SO, yes I have reached the place that YES I do feel like *DAZ think customer and user is just tester or reporter for their products problems and future new comer?* Sorry but I am NOT a beta tester! And I really would love for this program to WORK correctly WITHOUT problems to correct or get content redownloaded and reinstalled just for that to work. Not trying to be a piss ant here but enough is enough IMHO

edited December 1969

I have no interesting, the duplicate ID erroer is made by installer or ds4.5.

I just understand I can use them in ds 4.0 without no ploblems.

You might not have had problems in 4.0, I did. In fact if what I was seeing from the Transfer Utility at 4.0 was the same process used by autofit, then the Duplicate IDs may have been responsible for the poor shoe conversions everyone was complaining about.

edited August 2012

Kesha2009 said:

YES I do feel like *DAZ think customer and user is just tester or reporter for their products problems and future new comer?* Sorry but I am NOT a beta tester! And I really would love for this program to WORK correctly WITHOUT problems to correct or get content redownloaded and reinstalled just for that to work. Not trying to be a piss ant here but enough is enough IMHO

Please don't interpret this as a criticism, but the idea that any software can be bug free is a fallacy. I spent my career developing safety critical flight control systems for airliners and fighter jets, and we expect there to be bugs in the software we release, even though we invest orders of magnitude more effort in testing than the rest of the software industry. It is impossible in any reasonably complex programme to completely test all combinations of circumstances, bugs will happen. Given the complexity of Studio, I think DAZ do a pretty good job.

So when you find an error, don't assume DAZ are somehow falling down on the job, because I've dealt with errors that have escaped man-centuries of testing in a vastly more rigorous environment. The truth is DAZ do a better job of QA than any other content provider out there, and if one or two errors get through, that's only to be expected in a company with 14,000+ items in its catalogue and a software programme of the complexity of Studio.

Post edited by DWG on
    edited December 1969

DWG:)
    I have had same problems when use transfer utility for remake some shoes or clothing for genesis.
    shoes is so difficutl for me to adjust them to genesis..

so now if you want to talk about the problem ds4, I ask you just show me your image and bones.
    if you saved before.

because I met the ID erroer in ds 4.0 too, and understand how to remove it.

I ask about it in forum first time, but I can not get answer, and someone teach me, I should
    check after auto-fit process and compare how bone change after transfer utlity.
    (of course you need, change triax figure first you know)

then you check bone with in your joint editor, I actually advice you just remove these bones correctly
    and save again.

I means it is not what I want to say here at all. but you seems to say ds 4.5 is great,
    you meet trouble in ds 4.0

I know manythings improved in 4.5
    but these are not concern what I shout here. and I ask DAZ.

so if many guys just say how improbed in 4.5 in this topic,
    I should say if you talk about it, please use other topic. I hope you can understand.

edited December 1969

and it is so irritate about ds 4.5
    my figure which removed ID erroer in ds 4, by myself
    cause duplicate ID erroer too in ds 4.5

so when you say that is good, is opposite for me.
    it is fact. and I understand you say your fact about ds 4.0.

then both case , the fault responsibility is not user. just DAZ.