Setting up a 300ft empty scene preset?

30ft too smal.  3000ft too big.
i can see where the batting cage can be customized.

camera and other stuff needs to be preset scaled? nudging? altitudes for the sky haze.
camera speed, rendering precision

was wondering there are steps to follow to create a new preset? 

struggling to make an Arizonian looking terrain and sky scene for the Old West mercantile, Undertakers.

scrap-newscenepreset.JPG
418 x 280 - 27K

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

can see where to edit the batting cage.

View, Grid

scrap-viewgrid.JPG
    360 x 395 - 30K

i set the grid to 300ft.

moving things with the manipulators, doesn't want to move.  when it finally does move it jerks and moves in long jumps

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Turn off "Snap to Grid" :)

really?  thanks :D

cookies for yoo

i saw a setting for camera nudging, was so tired might have dreamt it.

under scene, ui, --

is it possible to add parameter sliders for rotates and translates and scale to a model? 

when i'm too tired hours into a rara session marathon (rarathon?), i can't see the teeeny wittee arrow buttons on the motion tab

open door / windows parameters, besides root, would help too. laugh 
    when i nod off after not being able to open a door, does strange things to my dreams.

thanks!!!!!!!

studying the red-desert landscape2 preset.  to figure out how to optimize it for a 300ft scene.

the preset loads with 1 sunlight.  i always thought a sunlight needed the sky render setting checked, but it renders fine without it.
    doh.  i thought the sky had render setting had to be on for sun/moon type lights?

reddesert2.JPG
    1071 x 756 - 90K
    redcanyon1.JPG
    968 x 685 - 93K
  • The sun light and moon lights are basically glorified distance lights. The lights are closely linked to the RSE (Realistic Sky Editor). The advantage of using the sunlight with the RSE is that the color of the light will be governed by the position of the sun in the sky. Another advantage is that source of light is tied to the sun's disk in the sky. Adding one of the sunlight lens flare presets to the Sunlight illustrates this quite well. The drawback is that you have a bit less control over the light's settings than a normal distance light.

The Skylight option in the Render room allows you to use the realistic sky as a light source, or an HDRI, other image formats, color or color gradient. Many times it is beneficial to use a light, such as a sunlight in conjunction with a realistic sky, and skylight for more realistic outdoor lighting. Since I'm getting light from the sky or an image or HDRI in the scene's background, I usually lower the intensity of the sunlight to avoid washing out the image, although if you use gamma correction that may not be as much of an issue.

thanks.

gonna have a go at the terrain editor today.  

cant get my brain adjust to y,z switch.

dont need 300ft high cage.  brontosaur height. :)  oh, i know, scaled to fit the victorian street front. 2 rows of shoppes.

can i add a parameter to parameter tab within carrara?  

dont want to have to switch to poser for it >.<

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I just posted some links to terrain nd replicator resources in another thread, but I see that there is some nterest here as well.

Dartanbeck has a forum thread on terrain modeling. See http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37867/
    MMoir’s and Dartanbeck’s landscapes and MMoir’s grass replicator pack could be treated as mini tutorials if you take them apart and explore the settings.
    See http://www.daz3d.com/mmoir and http://www.daz3d.com/dartanbeck
    PhilW’s tutorial series with Infinite Skills includes sections on terrain modeling and replicators.
    Cripeman tutorials on terrains
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UVBRXnHOZA and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ236C6vu-g
    Cripeman tutorial on replicators
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXthnav9rUc
    Tutorial created by: Johannes Rosenberg (Cajomi) A master at lanscape creation (downloads as pdf)
    http://www.polyloop.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=24975.
    Thread on Landscapes in Carrara
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28368/
    Thread on using Carrara terrains and replicators to create oceans
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28506/
    Thread on replicators methods, tips, and tricks
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38177/

MistyMist said:

thanks.

gonna have a go at the terrain editor today.  

edited September 2015

Thanks.  

would like to learn how to reduce the polycount

i enjoy cripeman's teaching style.  not too fast,  find it easier to follow.

Post edited by Mistara on

experimenting today.

trying out the yellow desert.  there some kind of invisible plane making a blurry distance on half the terrain.

tried using an infinite plane to make it flat in the middle, but the shader doesn't look the same.  i think the altitude has something to do with the way the shader looks. see a brush in editor, wanted to make a section flat to fit the 300 ft center area

experimenting to see the difference tween inherit scaling and propagate scaling.

trying out the metaball water drops.  nifty thing can set the particles to start before the first frame.
    looking for a way to elongate the drops a bit to look more rainish.

found another feature request idea - where it says render current frame, would be nice to select the frame to render. kept forgetting to set my frame back to 0 for waterdrop adjustments. rewind button wasn't going back to first frame

yellowdesert-distancehaze.JPG
    1085 x 517 - 106K
    propagate scaling vs inherit scaling.JPG
    844 x 239 - 39K
    putareaofflatness.JPG
    876 x 655 - 95K
    metaball-waterdrops.JPG
    827 x 757 - 110K

can the metaball waterdrops mash against the surface they hit?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited October 2015

You can apply a softbody physics modifier to metaball objects.  Remember three places to adjust physics.  1)  Object modifier tab for softbody settings  2)  Object effects tab for things like density  3) Scene physics tab for overall settings. 

metaball 1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 23K
    metaball 2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 23K
    metaball 3.jpg
    640 x 480 - 23K
    Post edited by Diomede on

tee hee hee softbody pillow fight fluffs 

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    Also, even if an object in the scene is static and has no physics applied to it, if an object with physics collides with it, then the surface settings in the object's effects tab still come into play.

can it pile up?  i see in the demo particles swirling in increase density.

or can replicte pile stuff like a pile of coffee beans or feathers?

he/she has 2 particle emitters parented to the cube  :D

http://www.markusrothkranz.com/carrara_3d/carrara_physicsb.html

It's not rain, but this is metaballs coming from an emitter parented to the bottle. The metaballs interact with the walls, floor, window sill etc.

cans bake the terrain texture to stay with terrain conversion to vertex or obj?

It's not rain, but this is metaballs coming from an emitter parented to the bottle. The metaballs interact with the walls, floor, window sill etc.

was thinking the glass shaders look better on the waterdrops ...

You're probably right. That render was done for a time-limited competition, so I didn't spend as much time on the shaders as I could have.

playing with the idea of an omnidirectional light from a bulb or distant light.

thought if maybe it didn't cast shadows and didn't fall off might do the trick.

nope. lol

was hoping to make a base level light, so that everything in the scene would have an even minimum of like 10 % light.

playingwiththeidea of omni directional light.JPG
    935 x 758 - 95K
    playingwiththeidea of omni directional light1.JPG
    864 x 675 - 94K

importing a poser light brings in the shadow cams

2 of em surprise

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    MistyMist said:

nope. lol

was hoping to make a base level light, so that everything in the scene would have an even minimum of like 10 % light.

That would be the Ambient Light under the Scene effects tab. It's on by default at 20%. The color is white, but you can change it.

ahzo.  Thanks.  

MistyMist said:

nope. lol

That would be the Ambient Light under the Scene effects tab. It's on by default at 20%. The color is white, but you can change it.

heartkissheartkissheartkissheartkissheartkissheartkiss​  Thank yoo soo much EP.

oscar mike gulf  - the awesome

got the power - dunh ... dun dun duhn

poppa oscar whisky echo romeo

scap scene effects ambient.JPG
    738 x 538 - 45K
    onebulb-ambientdefault100-color.png
    640 x 480 - 65K
    onebulb-ambientdefault50-color.png
    640 x 480 - 58K

oohhh  look at these options open up for non-photo realistic renders.

can line up the hotpoints in a camera with a moonlight light? 
    so that the camera always has the moon in front of it?

scap nonphotorealistic.JPG
    839 x 598 - 70K
  • stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited October 2015
    MistyMist said:

is it possible to add parameter sliders for rotates and translates and scale to a model? 

when i'm too tired hours into a rara session marathon (rarathon?), i can't see the teeeny wittee arrow buttons on the motion tab

open door / windows parameters, besides root, would help too. laugh 
    when i nod off after not being able to open a door, does strange things to my dreams.

thanks!!!!!!!

The best option for this is Fenrics ERC (Daz store). You can drop a slider under the Modifier tab and hook it up to anything that can be keyframed (which is pretty much everything).

Post edited by stringtheory9 on