[Commercial] MI Modern Military Combat Uniform for Genesis 8, 8.1 Male and Genesis 9 [Live]

Comments

• **Updated Second Post**

Those interested in a military dress uniform will be excited.

• savagestugsavagestug Posts: 144

I wouldn't complain about an add on that had a knife, radio, maybe a larger antenna that could be posed folded or extended, grenades and pouches, and zip ties

• wurger said:

I wouldn't complain about an add on that had a knife, radio, maybe a larger antenna that could be posed folded or extended, grenades and pouches, and zip ties

I'll put that on my list to see if I can make that for an add-on.  The project scope was already getting to big for a single person to do :(

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

mal3Imagery said:

**Updated Second Post**

Those interested in a military dress uniform will be excited.

I don't think I can handle this much excitement,. LOL

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 246

Picked up the combat uniform/equipment today. Looking forward to the dress uniform.

Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into producing HIGH QUALITY male products (I own them all)...it is truly appreciated.

• Looks fantastic. Immediate purchase! Done so with all your products. Surprised no British flag is included in this latest release. I guess I will have to make my own.

• Bought the G8 version. Thank you again for including it.

• Wow, this has to be one of my favorite outfits ever purchased. I grabbed the G8 versions. Really impressive work, sir. The details and realism are simply amazing.

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 246
    edited August 2023

Put together a quick scene using the combat uniform...absolutely love this outfit & well worth the cost. With all the many material zones, I can see using this in sci-fi renders as well.

Had to link to the gallery image as this stupid forum software will not upload images...NOT surprising

Post edited by smoke14 on
  • Finally!! I have been waiting for a loooooong time for some realistic tactical outfit. Waiting for many years! Thank You!!!

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

With the ongoing conflict being a main theme of military style renders not having the Ukraine flag as an option is kinda disappointing...

• smoke14 said:

Put together a quick scene using the combat uniform...absolutely love this outfit & well worth the cost. With all the many material zones, I can see using this in sci-fi renders as well.

Had to link to the gallery image as this stupid forum software will not upload images...NOT surprising

Thank you for the purchase!  Fanastic render, have fun kit bashing!

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited August 2023

SledgeHammer said:

Looks fantastic. Immediate purchase! Done so with all your products. Surprised no British flag is included in this latest release. I guess I will have to make my own.

Thanks for the support!  At the time of making the product, I was thinking of just the certain countries that came up to my mind on the spot, I can update to include the British flag.

zombietaggerung said:

Bought the G8 version. Thank you again for including it.

Thank you for the purchase!  Have fun using it!

ZippyGuitar said:

Wow, this has to be one of my favorite outfits ever purchased. I grabbed the G8 versions. Really impressive work, sir. The details and realism are simply amazing.

Thank you for the support!  Enjoy!

trae2546 said:

Finally!! I have been waiting for a loooooong time for some realistic tactical outfit. Waiting for many years! Thank You!!!

You're welcome!  Have fun using it in your renders!

maikdecker said:

With the ongoing conflict being a main theme of military style renders not having the Ukraine flag as an option is kinda disappointing...

I'm sorry that you feel that way with the absence of the Ukraine flag as an option.  At the time I was thinking of just the certain countries that came up to my mind on the spot. I can update to include the UA** flag.  Thanks!

Post edited by mal3Imagery on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

mal3Imagery said:

maikdecker said:

I'm sorry that you feel that way with the absence of the Ukraine flag as an option.  At the time I was thinking of just the certain countries that came up to my mind on the spot. I can update to include the UK flag.  Thanks!

Uh.... the UK is not Ukraine. 

edited August 2023

barbult said:

mal3Imagery said:

maikdecker said:

I'm sorry that you feel that way with the absence of the Ukraine flag as an option.  At the time I was thinking of just the certain countries that came up to my mind on the spot. I can update to include the UK flag.  Thanks!

Uh.... the UK is not Ukraine. 

You're right.  Typing to fast.

edited August 2023

**UPDATE FOR ALL G9 OWNERS**

It's been brought to my attention that some users are seeing distortions around the shoulder for the vest and backpack straps when using a variety of swole/big/shape morphs on G9 and with the mic being distortioned when opening the mouth. 

I have made adjustments to the rigid map to the vest and backpack and you will now see a smoother transition when using a variety of shapes.  Additional morphs are added to help compensate the adjusted rigid map for a better fit.  Mic has proper weight map attached to head bone.

I will be sending these updates to DAZ.  You will see the updates soon.

Thank you for continue support!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

yesyesyesyesyes

• wurger said:

Thanks for the belt tip.

Simply posing the legs spread at 20% causes distortion, The middle seam in the crotch area spreads out and the texture distords. Can't post an image...still not working

Hey there.  I corrected the distortion on the crotch seam.  Update should be coming soon!

Thanks!

• savagestugsavagestug Posts: 144

mal3Imagery said:

wurger said:

Thanks for the belt tip.

Simply posing the legs spread at 20% causes distortion, The middle seam in the crotch area spreads out and the texture distords. Can't post an image...still not working

Hey there.  I corrected the distortion on the crotch seam.  Update should be coming soon!

Thanks!

Great!

• Lev_cLev_c Posts: 44
    edited August 2023

Wow, finally some realistic tactical gear on the Daz store, and I am mightily impressed.

Well worth the price tag. Everything works wonderfully on a variety of characters (though the ladies may need some adjusting, i.e. flattening chests, for the plate carrier to work properly) and there's a good range of camo patterns and patches (if your country isn't there, it's easy enough to make your own), though if you're reading this @mal3Imagery PLEASE do an expansion adding Multicam, A-TACS FG, Digital Flora (all camo's I wore extensively during my military career heh), and good old olive drab, etc.

It's easy enough to mix and match camo patterns if you have a basic understanding of the surfaces tab, but having the option to change it for individual gear items in the smart content UI would be nice, though this might clutter things up a bit. As it is, there are hierarchal presets to apply each camo pattern to every item. 

The helmet is a nice Fast style helmet with options to hide the goggles, digital ears, torch and NVD (alongside an option to lower the NVD over the eyes). 

The taco's on the plate carrier are rigid items, which is really nice as it eliminates the deformity you get with a lot of Daz ported gear from games like COD etc, but they may need some adjusting with various poses (not an issue). The outfit has options for the shirt sleeves to be rolled up or down (though an option to zip the shirt all the way up would have been cool).

Textures are all top notch and the meshes are all extremely detailed. Fantastic stuff.

Great work! 

Another cool addon idea could be the potential of adding a couple of magazine variations as options. I.e STANAG, PMAG, AK pattern mags, etc.

Post edited by Lev_c on

Another render with the set on a G9 Female character.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Is there no waist adjustment, or am I missing it? The pants are unusable without shirt as it is, the gap is too big betwenne the pants and the body, but the gap is not there in the promo. (G9 version)

• @Lev_c

Thank you for the purchase and great renders!  I will keep those things you listed in mind for additional mags and more pattterns.

• ioonrxoon said:

Is there no waist adjustment, or am I missing it? The pants are unusable without shirt as it is, the gap is too big betwenne the pants and the body, but the gap is not there in the promo. (G9 version)

Both versions don't have a waist adjustment.  In the promo that is using only the pants I used two genesis figures.  One of genesis figure is using a smaller body shape to fit around the visible genesis.

I can update both versions to include a waist adjustment so it fits better around the waist of your characters.

edited August 2023

mal3Imagery said:

**UPDATE FOR ALL G9 OWNERS**

It's been brought to my attention that some users are seeing distortions around the shoulder for the vest and backpack straps when using a variety of swole/big/shape morphs on G9 and with the mic being distortioned when opening the mouth. 

I have made adjustments to the rigid map to the vest and backpack and you will now see a smoother transition when using a variety of shapes.  Additional morphs are added to help compensate the adjusted rigid map for a better fit.  Mic has proper weight map attached to head bone.

This change is live.  You can see it in your DIM/Central.  The pants correction are still in testing.

Thanks

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

mal3Imagery said:

Both versions don't have a waist adjustment.  In the promo that is using only the pants I used two genesis figures.  One of genesis figure is using a smaller body shape to fit around the visible genesis.

I can update both versions to include a waist adjustment so it fits better around the waist of your characters.

It'd be great if you can update it, I'd love to be able to use the pants alone and with other shirts.

I tend to use a similar trick when I want a better fit for g3 items on g8; I use a hidden g3 with the same shape and pose as g8, then fit the clothing to it instead of g8, but with smoothing set to g8 if needed.

mal3Imagery said:

@Lev_c

Thank you for the purchase and great renders!  I will keep those things you listed in mind for additional mags and more pattterns.

Oh excellent! 

Hey @mal3Imagery is it possible for you to make some kind of template for those of us who might want to create our own camo patterns for your wonderful outfit and accessories (for personal use ofc)?

• Lev_c said:

Hey @mal3Imagery is it possible for you to make some kind of template for those of us who might want to create our own camo patterns for your wonderful outfit and accessories (for personal use ofc)?

You can make your own - just export as OBJ (File>Export, the only options that matter are including the Surfaces and UVs), then open in Hexagon or Blender or just about any 3D modelling applciation, and finally export the template(s)

Richard Haseltine said:

Lev_c said:

You can make your own - just export as OBJ (File>Export, the only options that matter are including the Surfaces and UVs), then open in Hexagon or Blender or just about any 3D modelling applciation, and finally export the template(s)

Oh thannks. I've not used either of those programs, but will give it a go!