[Commercial] MI Modern Military Combat Uniform for Genesis 8, 8.1 Male and Genesis 9 [Live]

13»

Comments

• Lev_cLev_c Posts: 44

Hey @mal3Imagery  I'm wondering if it were possible for you to release some kind of template for adding our own camo patterns to this product? 

I'm really eager to add the very commonly used Multicam and A-Tacs camo patterns, but without some kind of template, it's a bit beyond me.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,250

presumably you can create a "template" from the UV map.

Substance Painter is fairly accessible/easy-to-learn software for texture painting, although expensive if you keep the subscription active for a while.

• Lev_c said:

Hey @mal3Imagery  I'm wondering if it were possible for you to release some kind of template for adding our own camo patterns to this product? 

I'm really eager to add the very commonly used Multicam and A-Tacs camo patterns, but without some kind of template, it's a bit beyond me.

Hi there, I'll attach some templates here later this week.  Thanks

mal3Imagery said:

Lev_c said:

Awesome! Thank you!

Do you have any plans for any addons or expansions for this set? Camo's? Accessories?

Behold.

Multicam.

A-TACS FG and EMR Digital Flora next.

• mal3Imagerymal3Imagery Posts: 709
    edited November 2023

Lev_c said:

mal3Imagery said:

Lev_c said:

Awesome! Thank you!

Do you have any plans for any addons or expansions for this set? Camo's? Accessories?

At the moment no.  I am busy with other projects, but can be something I can do in the future.

Attached are the UV Maps

Backpack.png
    4096 x 4096 - 8M
    Boots.png
    4096 x 4096 - 4M
    Gloves.png
    4096 x 4096 - 6M
    Mag.png
    4096 x 4096 - 2M
    Vest.png
    4096 x 4096 - 4M
    Shirt.png
    4096 x 4096 - 5M
    Post edited by mal3Imagery on

mal3Imagery said:

Lev_c said:

mal3Imagery said:

Lev_c said:

Awesome! Thank you!

At the moment no.  I am busy with other projects, but can be something I can do in the future.

Attached are the UV Maps

Awesome! Thank you!

Here's some custom camo - a mix of Multicam gear and Russian EMR Digital Flora.

Also used an cutout opacity mask to remove the AR15 magazines and made a wearable preset that places some AK74 mags in their place.

Will be able to share all this stuff (except for the AK mags) at some point, alongside an A-Tacs FG camo set.

• peterppeterp Posts: 4

Hi @mal3Imagery

I haven't ever been able to export the MI Modern Military in an FBX without this (see pic) weighting problem. It does not appear to be a problem within daz (I think). I just use this in other apps.

Great uniform! It'd be great to get it to work out of the box. (I've tried this on both the G8 and G9 versions - and they both have the problem).

The image is the source FBX. Also, for example, on the right sleeve there seems to be weighting from the chin attached. I've tried this in Maya and Houdini and I get the same results.

SoldierCaptureWeightsIssue_v001.jpg
    1909 x 1385 - 238K

peterp said:

Hi @mal3Imagery

I haven't ever been able to export the MI Modern Military in an FBX without this (see pic) weighting problem. It does not appear to be a problem within daz (I think). I just use this in other apps.

Great uniform! It'd be great to get it to work out of the box. (I've tried this on both the G8 and G9 versions - and they both have the problem).

The image is the source FBX. Also, for example, on the right sleeve there seems to be weighting from the chin attached. I've tried this in Maya and Houdini and I get the same results.

Hey there.  Thanks for the support.  Unfornately, I do not own Maya and Houndini to test it out and I usually never export daz stuff as FBX since it usually doesn't always work.  If you're seeing weight-mapping issue could be with how DAZ handles the FBX export.  Only way to resolve the issue is to fix the weight map within the 3D app that you are exporting to. 

With the mags they are attached via rigid nodes in DAZ app so those will not have weightmaps at all.  You'll have to parent those to the vest in your 3D app.

Some extra real-world camo patterns made my Zetasaint as a fun expansion for this great product.

From left to right: EMR Digital Flora, Multicam, A-TACS FG.

An image I made using elements of this outfit kitbashed with other assets.

I've got heaps of ideas for cool add-ons if you're ever entertaining the idea of an expansion to this.

• peterppeterp Posts: 4
    edited April 5

mal3Imagery said:

peterp said:

Hi @mal3Imagery

Hey there.  Thanks for the support.  Unfornately, I do not own Maya and Houndini to test it out and I usually never export daz stuff as FBX since it usually doesn't always work.  If you're seeing weight-mapping issue could be with how DAZ handles the FBX export.  Only way to resolve the issue is to fix the weight map within the 3D app that you are exporting to. 

With the mags they are attached via rigid nodes in DAZ app so those will not have weightmaps at all.  You'll have to parent those to the vest in your 3D app.

Hi @mal3Imagery

Thanks for the speedy response.

I had contacted DAZ before I contacted you. They said to contact the developer, that's why I reached out to you.

Here is an image of the character imported to Blender. It also exhibits the problem. Blender is readily available if you have a chance to see for yourself.

Also, the mags are not my concern. I'm pointing out the skinning problem of the deforming clothing/accessories.

I have fixed this by painting the weights for this export so I can procede with my project. I was hoping to get it working 'out of the box' for future exports to save time.

I've fbx exported hundreds of characters and this is first time I've gotten this skin weight issue.

While I can't rule out that there is something wrong with the fbx export - thought I have exported hundreds of characters without this problem - it currently indicates there is something different about the Modern Military asset.

SoldierCaptureWeightsIssue_v002.jpg
    2499 x 1789 - 325K
    Post edited by peterp on
    edited April 10

peterp said:

mal3Imagery said:

peterp said:

Hi @mal3Imagery

Hi @mal3Imagery

Thanks for the speedy response.

I had contacted DAZ before I contacted you. They said to contact the developer, that's why I reached out to you.

Here is an image of the character imported to Blender. It also exhibits the problem. Blender is readily available if you have a chance to see for yourself.

Also, the mags are not my concern. I'm pointing out the skinning problem of the deforming clothing/accessories.

I have fixed this by painting the weights for this export so I can procede with my project. I was hoping to get it working 'out of the box' for future exports to save time.

I've fbx exported hundreds of characters and this is first time I've gotten this skin weight issue.

While I can't rule out that there is something wrong with the fbx export - thought I have exported hundreds of characters without this problem - it currently indicates there is something different about the Modern Military asset.

Hi @peterp sorry for the late response.

I am getting what you are seeing when exporting fbx to Blender. 

I tried to see if there were any weight issue in DAZ and I'm not seeing any weight issues.  They're all weighted and I'm not sure how DAZ is exporting the FBX to cause this issue to third party apps.  You'll need to contact DAZ and see if their developers are able to see what is causing this.

Thanks

Post edited by mal3Imagery on

@Lev_c those are fantastic renders.  You're more than welcome to drop your ideas here on this thread.

mal3Imagery said:

@Lev_c those are fantastic renders.  You're more than welcome to drop your ideas here on this thread.

Cool!

- A bit more functionality with the helmet, with the ability to undo the chin strap and have it hanging to the side.

- A bit more thickness to the plate carrier, to mimic it having the ceramic plates in it

- A larger molle battlebelt with stuff like mag pouches, an IFAK, dump pouch, and a rigid pistol holster attached. (I've posted a picture below with a kitbashed battlebelt mixed with your stuff)

- A few more bits and bobs on the plate carrier, tourniquet, caribiners, radio, etc.

- A seperate radio headset that can be used without the helmet with morphs to adjust it to work with different hairs. Something like a Peltor Comtac or MSA Sordins

- attachements for the plate carrier, like a groin protector, shoulder pads, neck guards (have a look at Crye's AVS system)

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,259
    Any chance of you releasing another texture set for a clean version of the construction outfit?

Timbales said:

Any chance of you releasing another texture set for a clean version of the construction outfit?

Hey there.  I might update the outfit to contain a clean version free of charge.  I seen people complaning about there not being a clean version.  Not sure when I will get to that though.

I have other projects going on that you guys will like for your men.

Thanks

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,716

I hope you will (be able to update construction worker). I'm so glad you bit the bullet and decided to learn Daz rigging (and rigamarole) to bring your creations to us! Thank you!!!