Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• Freebies still not free here in the UK, Windows 10 on Chrome.  Well, I've added the 'freebie' to my cart as it's one I don't want to miss out on, taken screen caps of the sales page, date and time stamped, and another of the cart page.  I'll go ahead and buy, and just raise yet another sales ticket.  What is this, Day 5 now?  

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Today I'm clicking on the calender but nothing happens, the items are not revealed. I tried on Firefox and Chrome on my Mac, and on Firefox on my Android.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,521

I can also report that the Advent Calendar's rollover for applying the discount and being opened seems to be Midnight UTC, but what items are picked is not changing until Midnight Utah time.

At slightly past midnight UK time (but still 2nd Dec Utah time), I went to check out a cart, and found the advent calendar discount was no longer applied. The Dec 3rd window could now be opened, at which point I was shown the exact same items, and then checked out with the discount.

However, now 3rd Dec Utah time, my "today" (Utah time) advent calendar items are still stuck the same as "yesterday" and can't be changed.

• Please do keep reporting, but bear in mind they are still working on the advent calendar. The freebie is definitely an inconsistency. When I hit the buy button, the preview cart showed it not free, but was free when I went to the checkout page.

• I'm in the UK - Advent Calendar dated 3rd December has opened and shows new items - I have 3 punches showing on my holiday rewards card. So far so good...

I add the free item to my cart - go to checkout page - it is priced as $2.86

I empty the cart

I add the $2.99 item to my cart - go to checkout page - it is priced as $5.00

broken heart

• f.boschanskif.boschanski Posts: 188
    edited December 2023

Wonderland said:

So my theory was correct. I just checked at a bit after 10pm Daz time and the calendar finally changed. The trick is to wait till late night Daz time but before turnover so there's only a small window when the calendar works. 

i am able to confirm this.
    advent items worked for me between 1.00 am (utc+1) and daz shop turnover...
    i chose not to select any to check the result after store turnover... because the items did not change the day before and i had already made my daily purchase to get back to the third punch.
    now the advent items do not work proper anymore.

the problem seems to be, that the items are greenlit in one timezone and cart-judged by another.
    after the same items on two days issue from the beginning, this is the second item i am going to miss out on.
    (i would have chosen the, for me useless, free item, that i had on my wishlist as a reminder for owning the texture from a daz bi-weekly freebie, anyways.
    therefore its not much of a loss.)

this is not for complaining but to report an error.

EDIT: btw., just in case one does the math and wonders about prices... i had the PA coupon active. though the issue is/was still the same with the singled out items in my cart.

Ashampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2023_12h04m44s_017_.png
    874 x 589 - 456K
    Ashampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2023_12h05m15s_018_.png
    1084 x 817 - 135K
    Ashampoo_Snap_Sonntag, 3. Dezember 2023_12h05m59s_019_.png
    1030 x 963 - 252K
    Post edited by f.boschanski on
  • SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375
    edited December 2023

I couldn't get either advent item at any time on the 2nd, and now it's the same problem with today's items. Tried multiple times on both my PC and phone, but they still come up at the regular sale price in cart. The items on previous days worked just fine.

Post edited by Semicharm on
  • BlueFingersBlueFingers Posts: 882
    edited December 2023

Not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I think it's worth mentioning: My Advent Calendar today offered me two texture packs for two items I do not own, one of them even being from 2012. Kind of feels like finding coal in my sock, which I can not imagine being the intent of the Advent Calendar.

I am not mad or anything, but it would be nice if, while working on the Advent Calendar, Daz could take this into account.

Advent.jpg
    511 x 552 - 105K
    Post edited by BlueFingers on
  • StoicStoic Posts: 133

My Advent Calendar choice for today (Dec. 3rd) is repeated from yesterday.

Yesterday I picked up the freebie Advent choice (Pan Loft).

I'm hoping todays choice will be reset.

Attaching pics below.

Pan repeated.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Pan Loft product library.png
    1920 x 1080 - 371K
    Pan purchase.png
    1920 x 1080 - 183K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

For me (and many other confirmed users), the Advent Calendar content resets/corrects/updates at UTC Midnight. Refresh the page after that time and you should get the proper contents for the day. This leaves a 7-hour window until Daz Midnight, during which it works properly. You can click the tile any time, it will not affect the status at the proper hour. Try it...

• My Advent Calendar choice for today is ALSO repeated from yesterday.

And it's Sunday - I'm thinking no one is in the office to fix it.

advent-repeat.png
    2048 x 823 - 1M
  • MazhMazh Posts: 485
    edited December 2023

For a few hours I've had the right (free/ $2.99) prices for the advent calendar items, but now they are back to their regular prices.

(talking about prices in cart - correct prices are still shown in the calendar)

Post edited by Mazh on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Same here. Advent Calendar is broke

• Thanks for the browser details where having trouble adding to the cart 9this isn't about the Advent Calendar, though the information might be useful there too) - interesting that it is Edge so far.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,173

$2.99 Advent item turns to $5 +, then $4.87 in the cart.  No sale!

• HighElfHighElf Posts: 331

3rd December is the same item selection as 2nd December, and I haven't got my punch sticker for yesterday's purchase. 

• I'm almost afraid to say it, but yesterday's Advent feebie finally showed up at $0

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

NorthOf45 said:

For me (and many other confirmed users), the Advent Calendar content resets/corrects/updates at UTC Midnight. Refresh the page after that time and you should get the proper contents for the day. This leaves a 7-hour window until Daz Midnight, during which it works properly. You can click the tile any time, it will not affect the status at the proper hour. Try it...

This is the best analysis and advice we've received, and it works.

Of course it would be best if Daz corrected this, but in the mean time, people could save themselves a lot of frustration and disappointment by reading and acting on the helpful messages from NorthOf45.

• barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

Of course it would be best if Daz corrected this, but in the mean time, people could save themselves a lot of frustration and disappointment by reading and acting on the helpful messages from NorthOf45.

opposite for me this side of the meridian devil 

I reckon those in Greenwich will have only seconds to make a purchase

WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

I don't understand. Why would people in Greenwich have only seconds? There would still be 7 hours between UTC midnight and Daz midnight? They might have to get up in the middle of their night, though. As I understood the issue, local time did not come into play in the algorithm. Is that wrong? I'm in Florida, and it works just like NorthOf45 said, for me.

How does it work for you in Australia? Can you explain further what you mean by "opposite"?

• Another time, with the repetition of items, and which were not even placed in the cart with a non-discounted price.

Sorry if in my small way, I can give a suggestion to the programmers of the DAZ3D site, but I suspect that there is an incompatibility between the update time on the server side (for the new day) and the day change time on the client side, (to due to the various time zones of customers).

I recommend setting the javascript to allow you to send the request to view new items on "offer" using ONLY your server time and not the customers' local time.

OK, it will be less "nice", but it will avoid all these problems.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 19-15-50 2023 Daz Holiday Sale Daz 3Da.jpg
    800 x 427 - 56K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited December 2023

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

I don't understand. Why would people in Greenwich have only seconds? There would still be 7 hours between UTC midnight and Daz midnight? They might have to get up in the middle of their night, though. As I understood the issue, local time did not come into play in the algorithm. Is that wrong? I'm in Florida, and it works just like NorthOf45 said, for me.

How does it work for you in Australia? Can you explain further what you mean by "opposite"?

I have to buy AFTER DAZ mountain time midnight and before Adelaide Midnight because I am on the other side of the dateline in the Pacific ocean to you

I live in your future

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • New Lightning deal mess-up. And yes it stays this way in the final checkout window. The store is a regular cluster, is the Mad King at the wheel?

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 12-43-49 Daz 3D Lightning.png
    711 x 609 - 408K
    Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 12-46-37 Daz 3D Deal Clicked.png
    1275 x 869 - 646K
    Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 12-48-29 Daz 3D LightningInCart.png
    1386 x 645 - 336K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

I have to buy AFTER DAZ mountain time midnight and before Adelaide Midnight because I am on the other side of the dateline in the Pacific ocean to you

I live in your future

South Australia is UTC +9:30 (according to sources, forgive me if your experience is different)

Assuming that is correct:
    UTC Midnight is 9:30 AM in Adelaide.
    Daz Midnight is 7 hours later, or 4:30 PM in Adelaide.

That is your window to get the Advent Calendar items.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

It is helpful advice for some certainly, but my experience so far has been the complete opposite. I can buy any time except for the time between UTC Midnight and DAZ Midnight. Looks like what you need to do varies depending on where you are on the planet, so DAZ changing the text would likely lead to further confusion.

Havos said:

It is helpful advice for some certainly, but my experience so far has been the complete opposite. I can buy any time except for the time between UTC Midnight and DAZ Midnight. Looks like what you need to do varies depending on where you are on the planet, so DAZ changing the text would likely lead to further confusion.

What part of the world are you in, Havos? Maybe that will give a clue or help others figure out the time frame for them. I'm in Florida, USA.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

barbult said:

Havos said:

What part of the world are you in, Havos? Maybe that will give a clue or help others figure out the time frame for them. I'm in Florida, USA.

UK. So GMT (or UTC) is my timezone.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

My calendar worked this evening. Thanks! 

• Rosie DRosie D Posts: 67
    edited December 2023

I'm in the UK - GMT / UTC - 4th December on the advent calendar opened up just fine for me -  I was able to select my choice - it went into my cart and it checked out at the correct/expected price...just after midnight in my time zone

I missed yesterdays item though - probably because I didn't try to check it out until around 10am my time - that would have been after 2am Daz time (I think) blush

Post edited by Rosie D on
  • I knew I should have ignored all the advice and stayed steadfast in my choice

but hopefully it will resolve itself tomorrow

Untitled.png
    1543 x 469 - 775K
This discussion has been closed.