Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012
    edited December 2023

I wonder if the problems people are seeing are due to some CDN servers not updating properly or them being in the wrong timezone after Daz went off DST.

Here in Finland, the only glitch I have seen was that I saw todays Advent Calendar items being available already yesterday, but didn't click it until after Daz midnight and there were no duplicate items.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 2023

My Advent Calendar items were duplicates for 11-30 and 12-1 most of the day yesterday (See Screenshot)  For grins I checked to see if either item discounted in the cart, but they did not. 

I checked back in the evening, around 9:00 PM EST, and the calendar had updated, so I grabbed G8 Gabor, since it was on my W/L.  However, come this morning, those items from yesterday evening are now today's, so I apparently missed out on my 12-1 items...

Screenshot Advent 1.png
    1384 x 506 - 619K
    Screenshot Advent 2.png
    1322 x 518 - 704K
    Post edited by WandW on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited December 2023

NorthOf45 said:

tj_1ca9500b said:

Charlie Judge said:

tj_1ca9500b said:

Silly suggestion...

Could someone post the links to today's advent items, for those of us that have 'stuck' calendar issues?  I'm guessing that today's advent freebie is:

https://www.daz3d.com/4-wheel-bubble-car

As it's showing as free on the main shop page, but of course I have no idea what the $2.99 advent item might be...

No. That is the DAZ+ weekly freebie. 

Well I tried... my suggestion still stands though!  For those of us with stuck calendars, knowing what today's advent items are supposed to be would be very helpful!

It is different for every user. It appears to present two low-cost items from your wishlist, for most customers.

I'm guessing that it's DOs only, and if it's wishlist related (based on your and other comments), in my case I have over 400 DOs wishlisted currently.  So the algorithm still has plenty of options in my case, whenever /if it finally decides to reset.

Thanks for the feedback in the meantime!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

PerttiA said:

I wonder if the problems people are seeing are due to some CDN servers not updating properly or them being in the wrong timezone after Daz went off DST.

Here in Finland, the only glitch I have seen was that I saw todays Advent Calendar items being available already yesterday, but didn't click it until after Daz midnight and there were no duplicate items.

Daz constantly have problems with their sales and advertising i don;t think where you live should have anything to do with it

• TirickTirick Posts: 229

My December 1st Advent asnd December 2nd Advent show the same offers. Picking the 2.99 offer doesn't set its price to 2.99 (I used the free offer yesterday). I have all three punches.

Offers.PNG
    1368 x 958 - 1M
    OfferCart.PNG
    1477 x 911 - 330K
    Offer3.PNG
    1555 x 657 - 277K
  • I am in Illinois (United States) and am still seeing the same advent items for today as yesterday.

• Also seeing the same offers as yesterday

• Logging in this morning todays items are yesterday items. Yesterdays items are the Nov 30 items. Originally when the Advent Calendar showed up, I had Nov 29, 30 and 31 which was kind of original. Since the Nov 31 box was removed everything somehow shifted. The "time warp" is definitely a head scratcher since I already have todays items that were purchased yesterday. Irrigardless all the items are much appreciated, thanks.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,173
    edited December 2023

Still get nothing when I "Clik to Open" on the Advent Calendar.  So, I guess I'm missing a lot. 

Still...these items are not Free!  They are bonuses!  If you have to spend money to get something, it's not free!  

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Today's freebie on the advent calender won't add to my cart as free, I don't have the Shaderworks SSS so that isn't the problem. Also my first calender punch doesn't credit my advent calendar. I purchased an item and got the freebie the on Nov. 30 when it wasn't supposed to be up The calendar now lists as Dec.but doesn't show that I purchased one item and got the freebie. Missed out on that sweet $10 coupon becuse it would never apply for me and don't want to miss out of the advent calendar.

scorpio said:

PerttiA said:

Daz constantly have problems with their sales and advertising i don;t think where you live should have anything to do with it

But on previous occasions, it has become evident that the location does matter. Using a VPN to "change" ones location has shown different results (functioning) than without it. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

I think what's happening is the advent calendar is on a different turnover cycle than the rest of tne store. Instead of changing at Daz midnight, it changes MUCH LATER. Most days I finally got new items when I checked at about 11PM Daz time. The item finally changed for that day and then remains the same for another 24 hours so the changeover is happening like 23 hours later than regular changeover so it's always a day behind. As an experiment, everyone should try checking in late in the evening Daz (Utah) time, and see if it finally changes. I think I was actually able to get a freebie almost daily but only by waiting till very late to check out. I'm not sure what time exactly, but each time I checked at around 10pm Pacific Time, the item finally changed and I could add it to my cart before Daz midnight but it would remain the same for the next 24 hours.  The super late bird gets the worm lol. 

• Still broken here on 12/2 @ 12:40 PM...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited December 2023

well I could add the two I have had for 48 hours to the cart free or price shown depending which one (wanted neither) when they first appeared 

now neither free or the price shown and still unwanted, wondering if it will be a trifecta of those useless textures behind the next leadlight window when I can finally populate it

so excited I can hardly contain myself 

devil

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

It has been noted in the sales discussion thread, and verified by several users, that the Advent Calendar resets/corrects/updates at UTC midnight of the current Daz day, so that is some 17 hours after the start of the day (or 7 hours before the end of the day). Refresh the page after that time, and you should have all the right selections. I have followed that "rule" and have not missed an Advent Calendar selection yet, and not lost any punches by purchasing in that seven hour window.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 2023

Today, my advent calender items for Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 stayed the same, but the dates changed to Dec. 1 and Dec. 2 (i.e. the Nov. 30 items are now shown as Dec. 1, and the Dec. 1 items are now shown as Dec. 2). I'm in the US, same timezone as DAZ (MST). Screen grabs attached if needed

This may be a perfect example where while something works perfectly in therory, it falls far short in reality??

Advent Freebbie 1 2023-12-01 221138.png
    1909 x 997 - 1M
    Advent Freebie 3 2023-12-02 133944.png
    1920 x 907 - 1M
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • NorthOf45 said:

It has been noted in the sales discussion thread, and verified by several users, that the Advent Calendar resets/corrects/updates at UTC midnight of the current Daz day, so that is some 17 hours after the start of the day (or 7 hours before the end of the day). Refresh the page after that time, and you should have all the right selections. I have followed that "rule" and have not missed an Advent Calendar selection yet, and not lost any punches by purchasing in that seven hour window.

Also my experience so far. I have observed that about 5-6pm Mountain time, it switches up to a new day's offering. I have gotten freebies every day the promo has been offered. I've bought both before and after that point and gotten credited for a punch that day. 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 963

5PM EST and the Advent calendar is still broken.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,287

evacyn said:

5PM EST and the Advent calendar is still broken.

For me, it updates around 7pm EST (so at UTC midnight others have mentioned). 

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 690
    edited December 2023

I am not able to even open the calendar door to see what I'm missing, same for yesterday. If it's good stuff, that I can use I mean, then atleast I'll think about trying to buy to get one punch, if I am not even allowed to see what the others w punches get - then no thanks. No idea of this is intended to happen or not, just reporting that for me - no calendar opens at click. Saving money today also by not having working sale here.

Edit to add: noticed that I clicked on nr 3 - tomorrow, why? no calendar doors for today, starts at nr 3. Perhaps it was the same yesterday, all I know is that they did not open yesterday or today. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • If you are having trouble adding items to your cart still (apaprently some work was done on this) please give your browser and OS version. If you can try it with your browser in safe mode (plug-ins disabled) that would be very helpful too.

• GinaMarieGinaMarie Posts: 163
    edited December 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

If you are having trouble adding items to your cart still (apaprently some work was done on this) please give your browser and OS version. If you can try it with your browser in safe mode (plug-ins disabled) that would be very helpful too.

Okay gave it try on safe mode and the advent freebie for today still come up as not free when I haven't stacked it, but the issue where other things wouldn't add to the cart has been resolved for me. Edited to add: Except for the $2.99 untidy make up, it adds to cart and disappears when I go to check out.

Post edited by GinaMarie on
  • borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112
    edited December 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

If you are having trouble adding items to your cart still (apaprently some work was done on this) please give your browser and OS version. If you can try it with your browser in safe mode (plug-ins disabled) that would be very helpful too.

Using MS Edge in Windows 11 am only able to put a maximum of 4 items in my cart tonight and this does not include any Advent Calendar items...

Post edited by borgtrekker on
  • GinaMarieGinaMarie Posts: 163
    edited December 2023

So I tried adding thing one at a time and purchasing which did work just fine. Was able to purchase the untidy make up, and the freebie on the advent calendar went through fine this time around too. Took another minute to add a few more thing to a new cart and everything seems to working now. Edited to add running the latest version of MS Edge

Post edited by GinaMarie on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

So my theory was correct. I just checked at a bit after 10pm Daz time and the calendar finally changed. The trick is to wait till late night Daz time but before turnover so there's only a small window when the calendar works. 

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020
    edited December 2023

Unfortunately, doesn't work for me. In UK on Mac in Safari. 

This item was correct yesterday, but when I looked this morning the price had changed. There were other things in cart, including regular weekly freebies. So I emptied the cart and just put the $2.99 item in.

shopping cart

cart.jpg
    1306 x 430 - 56K
    Post edited by James_H on

James_H said:

This item was correct yesterday, but when I looked this morning the price had changed. There were other things in cart, including regular weekly freebies. So I emptied the cart and just put the $2.99 item in.

And you haven't bought the free item?

• James_H said:

shopping cart

I'm in th UK as well and after some experimenting if you add the free/£2.99 calander item after midnight and before 6am our time it works fine. After that it charges you normal price. 

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

I have tried that. I'm guessing the additional complication of offering different things to different people is throwing up errors. I have got things into my cart at the right price, but this can then change, either later or because of additions. I suppose the takeaway is, try the promotion by itself, and buy if it works. (If you can be bothered) But perhaps it is working reliably for most. Seeems pretty random to me.

• I got something off my wishlist!!!!

grabbed the free one

yes after DAZ Midnight but must not wait until the DAZ dawn lest I miss out

Like Santa coming in the night

This discussion has been closed.