The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,216

Regarding Sufficiency of menswear at DAZ:  A couple of Polo shirts would round out the men's necessary closet.enlightened  I went to the symphony yesterday afternoon in black Nike sneakers, bluejeans with rolled up cuffs, and a polo shirt, overtopped by a hoodie.  Horrors!surprise

Non-complaint:  Symphony was wonderful.  Kleinhans Music Hall, in Buffalo.  Bought a glass of champagne in the lobby before the shows.  Saw two programs, an amateur choral group in the small theater, and the two main orchestral presentations in the big theater. And a great dinner afterwards on the way home.  A half day mini-adventure, left the house at 11:00AM and got home at 7:00PM.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,760

For my dolls, I think I have more feminine clothes than masculine.

This plants love coffee!  I came home today to see it wilted and sad looking.  I gave it used coffee grounds and it perked up very quickly.

IMG_1467.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 107K
    IMG_1466.jpeg
    480 x 640 - 104K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,269

NylonGirl said:

It kind of seems like you're both saying the same thing about the sci-fi clothing. One of you is saying the DAZ sci-fi clothing is absurd and the other is saying what's absurd about it.

The difference is that Beregar is saying that sci-fi and fantasy clothing SHOULD be absurd. I want my sci-fi and fantasy characters to still be wearing practical, "realistic" clothes, at least for the most part. I've got a background character wearing Solaris, which is still on the reasonable side of ridiculous sci-fi, but it wouldn't make sense for any of my main characters to wear something like that.

I think someone has to turn off the hallway light.  Oh wait I think it has to be me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited April 23

Gordig said:

NylonGirl said:

It kind of seems like you're both saying the same thing about the sci-fi clothing. One of you is saying the DAZ sci-fi clothing is absurd and the other is saying what's absurd about it.

The difference is that Beregar is saying that sci-fi and fantasy clothing SHOULD be absurd. I want my sci-fi and fantasy characters to still be wearing practical, "realistic" clothes, at least for the most part. I've got a background character wearing Solaris, which is still on the reasonable side of ridiculous sci-fi, but it wouldn't make sense for any of my main characters to wear something like that.

...I'm the same way concerning that passes here for "cyberpunk" clothing.  A good portion of it is ridiculous and any "runner" (re: Shadowrun RPG) worth their *nerps* would not be caught dead wearing of it. (or likely would be as much of it makes one an easy target).  Hence I rely on what appropriate contemporary clothing is available that can be kit bashed together and/or retextured. In the world setting there is armoured clothing that is tailored to look more like normal wear so again again the appropriate contemporary styles work.  The less you stand out in the shadows of the "sprawl", the longer you survive to run another night. Some jobs will call for specific types of clothing like coveralls, business clothing, unitorms, or even "tres chic" but the idea is not to look out of place for where you need to be so as not to draw unwanted attention. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited April 23

Complaint: Prices.frown  I'm old enough to remember the price of things in the '50s which is a terrible thing to have as a basis for what things should cost.  And yes, DAZ prices have also been creeping up since the Millenium.  The economy is all just one big happy family of price increasers.broken heart 

My symphony buddy took me to the symphony yesterday in repayment for taking him (i.e. paying for his ticket) a few months ago.  So, he bought my ticket this time. Cool!cool  Unfortunately, the price of my usual Class-A seat (center-front-balcony), is now something like $140 instead of the $91 that I had paid a couple months ago.surprise  It was so much higher than we had expected, that he'd opted for less premier seats, which turned out to be in the front right corner under the stage despite still being $81.indecision  Kleinhans Music Hall may have some of the best acoustics in the US, but the front right corner is not a place to experience it unless you like watching the bassists saw their instruments for two hours as your excess flesh rumbles with the sound.  

But as we sat there just before the show began we noticed that we were the only two people in our section of the row**.surprise   So, upon returning from intermission we moved to the left end of our section of the row which placed us somewhat near center, just below and to the right of where the piano had been.  Still not the best for watching the muscians but at least the sound was a little more balanced.  Which means we had listened to the Beethoven Emperor piano concerto from the far right end of the front row and all I could see of the completely bald pianist from time to time, was a shiney white bowling ball appearing above the edge of the piano frame and moving up and down the keyboard.  I never knew bowling balls could be so talented.devil  But after intermission, the piano was removed and a larger orchestra set up on stage for the Sibelius 2nd Symphony.  We were nearer to center but still in the front row and I had a good view of the conductor's butt​, but the sound was really much better, and very powerful, that close to the stage.yes

I'm not complaining about my seat.  It was what it was, and I am grateful for the free ticket.  I heard excellent performances of two wonderful pieces, live.  And had a good afternoon with a friend.  What more can one ask for?   But at the new prices, I have a feeling I'll be attending fewer performances at Kleinhans.sad  Or at least opting for a somewhat less premium seat, but not the far, high, nose-bleed section at the back of the balcony.  Nor a low, front corner anymore.indecision  

**Note:  The ticket website had lied to us.  It warned that this performance was "selling out fast",   But when the show started, the seats were only half full.  That's OK, we moved our butts and upgraded our seat value by 20 or 30 dollars.  Mwaa-ha-ha.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited April 23

NylonGirl said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint: Doctor appointment (GP) on Mondayno (I know she's gonna set me up to have to go get blood tests again.frown)

Non-complaint: This is long overdue.  and obvious to anyone who watches animals.  So, when will physics finally get around to accepting that consciousness is fundamental?

I didn't know there were people who thought animals and bugs were not conscious. I thought the big question was whether broccoli was conscious. 

Broccoli is conscious.  It just doesn't give a damn about performing for animals.indecision 

'Nother non-complaint:  A friend took me to my doctor appointment yesterday (Monday).  Afterwards we drove a little farther out to the Indian reservation for gas, and I poked my head into the smoke shop while there.  Prices are changing there too, but in the other direction, downward.  When smoke first became legal in NY State, the price in all the shops was $20 for an eighth-of-an-ounce (3.5 grams).  Yesterday, as we approached the reservation, I saw roadside signs that advertised smoke for $10 an ounce! (quite a reduction from $160/ounce)surprise   While in the smoke shop, I asked the proprieter about the $10 ounces and he said "you seem experienced, you don't want the $10 ounces"  Which seemed to me to be a telling comment.indecision  But he did have quite a selection of $50 ounces he was more than anxious to show me.  Even at that price it's still quite a deal.  I asked if they had smaller quantities than an ounce, but no, they don't even sell eighths-of-an-ounce anymore.  Me thinks the local smoke vendors have finally saturated the market and have a lot of product they have to get rid of.smiley  Either that or there's a Smoke Price War going on between all the smoke vendors on the reservation.indecision

If I stay in my room, I can't make dinner as the food is in the kitchen.

edited April 24

..complaint.... Safeway. & their app.

After enjoying a totally beautiful afternoon in the sun with summer like temperatures, I stopped off at the local Safeway on the way home to get something for dinner.  Now Safeway/Albertson's has recently changed their rewards programme, moving to point thresholds instead of basic rewards. Ok it still supposedly works, though selection of items was reduces (after they said there would be more options). While I was in the store I did everything I could using their phone app to see what my points balance was before I decided to purchase a pizza with points.  I kept getting product suggestion, some priced at 20, 30 and even 40$ for large lots I would never be able to afford to buy,. I went to the checkout and brought this up about the worker  but the person there was just as much confused and stymied as I was. He mentioned I should take the matter up with the store's management, but the customer service desk is often closed even during the middle of the day 

I will go there tomorrow and address this as well as why I was charged 6$ for a 5$ pack of bagels.

Yeah, totally careless and irresponsible.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

My ride picked me up about an hour earlier than normal.  Didn't have time for breakfast, but brought yogurt with me.

Sfariah D said:

One room apartments don't have that problem.indecision 

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah D said:

One room apartments don't have that problem.indecision 

True 

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,278

Mini Vacation is coming. 

I booked WorldMark Branson—Branson, MO—Official Site (wyndhamdestinations.com) for a weekend. I'll Hang at Silver Dollar City for a day; my wife has been there, but I haven't. I might work the back nine. I got my Gilmore putter out.

...site was slow today then another bad gateway crash. I am understanding more and more why McGyver has become so frustrated with it. 

No adverts (yet) however while on the gallery the other evening I noticed there's this semi transparent field at the bottom of the screen that takes up about a third of it and blurs everything behind it (sort of like when news sites hit you with a paywall).  I wonder if that is where the adverts others are seeing pop up. Very distracting.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,570

Non-complaint, no cookie questions today on either of the computers I'm using smiley

Non-compliant:  I have cookies at home I need to eat!

Complaint (sort of) got to go through my pantry and fridge to see what I need from the food bank tomorrow.

a real compliant is there isn't much storage space in my fridge or freezer.

Happy Arbor Day!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,030

Arbor Day? Ah, it seems like only yesterday...

.... .- .--. .--. -.-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / -.. .- -.--

(happy Morse Code day) 

Dit dah.

TJohn said:

I forgot to hug a tree yesterday.  Maybe that was on purpose?  Does anyone hug trees?

edited April 28

Sfariah D said:

TJohn said:

I forgot to hug a tree yesterday.  Maybe that was on purpose?  Does anyone hug trees?

Tree Therapists for depressed trees? 

Complaint:  Woke up to no lights in the living room, no TV, no computer, no radio.  Had to make three trips down the dangerous, outside, cellar steps, in the rain, to reset the circuit breaker in the unlit, cobweb haven, low ceilinged, obstacle course.  Finally heard it click properly.  Lights & 'puter now working OK.  And I didn't trip on a bird cage or get covered in cobwebs or break my neck on the stairs.yes  Usually the neighbors handle cellar duty, but they were not up yet.  I think I left the living room portable heater on all last night.blush  But it had been such a warm day that it hadn't been cycling on during the day, but probably came on during the night.  Forgot all about it.  Neighbors share that circuit, so they may have had a heater or an electric blanket plugged in too.indecision

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,537

Sfariah D said:

TJohn said:

I have been tied to a tree before, with my arms wrapped around the tree. Maybe that counts. If it does, I'm also a pole hugger.

I had to mow lawn yesterday. You can only let it grow so tall and thick before you have to get it classified as a rain forest or you get in trouble, whichever comes first. With my smart watch destroyed, I had to rely on Google's phone app to count my steps. So instead of thousands of steps, I was only credited with 921. I get more than 921 steps just walking back and forth trying to decide whether to make Green Mountain coffee or Gevalia. They need to work on that app.

Battery powered lawn mowers have the same issues as electric cars. You can generate enormous amounts of power if you need them, but you can only go so long. Plowing through tall thick wet grass of the front lawn, I had no trouble mowing it down in my fake blue jeans. But all three of my batteries ran out before I got to the back lawn. Then it rained tremendously. It's going to be even wetter and grow even more. I'm going to have to go forward with the request to be classified as a rain forest. That would be kind of cool I guess.

....there's a fellow in Australia who made an all electic combine.  seems to work well for him 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,537

The "Male Genitals Don't Fully Morph" Complaint Thread.

Someone's been peeking. blush

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,102

But...the page count hasn't peaked!

...still 6 pages to go.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,278

NylonGirl said:

The "Male Genitals Don't Fully Morph" Complaint Thread. 

ED?