The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,413

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Always keep a bread clip in your wallet, here's why.

I never click on those things!  I did once, and got no information at all.  They're just click bait!  

"Here's why" is always the clue to not click.

Sfariah D said:

TJohn said:

Always keep a bread clip in your wallet, here's why.

the reason will never be revealed anyway.  I don't know if it is good idea or not.  By the way what is a bread clip?

Remember Clip ss for chips.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,153

Does anyone recognize this scene?  I just ordered 20 prints and 19 of them are great.  This one I can't identify or figure out why or how it got into my prints?

IMG_1700.jpeg
    640 x 480 - 76K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675
    edited May 7
    Looks like a jail cell
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

....back for a bit. RRL been keeping me way too busy and exhausted (and I'm retired).

...well I'm sceptical abut the forthcoming forecast for later this week given the recent disappointments we've had. however they "say" its supposed to turn quite "summery" for the next several days  though  the weekend starting Thursday (almost 90° F on Friday and 70s the following week). 

Meanwhile it's been pretty scary in the central part of the country with heavy rain, hail, strong winds, and large outbreaks of tornadoes. People back there please take care and heed the warnings..

...The Lordy I need A Break From Real Life Complaint Thread.
    ...The Now Where Did I Pack Away All My Hawi'ian Shirts Complaint Thread

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

kyoto kid said:

...well I'm sceptical abut the forthcoming forecast for later this week given the recent disappointments we've had. however they "say" its supposed to turn quite "summery" for the next several days  though  the weekend starting Thursday (almost 90° F on Friday and 70s the following week). 

I'm hoping that the forecasts are correct too... The night temperatures have been below freezing this week but after tomorrow it's supposed to start getting warmer 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

...we had a couple pretty cold nights the other week to the point I had to turn the heat on for a bit. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,472

Another beautiful day here south of Buffalo.  72F, sunny, not humid, not windy, not smokey, no swollen rivers, the ground isn't moving, the dangerous critters are staying in the woods, no fires, and it's laundry day again.  Wheee...yes

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,570

Non complaint:

Spring seems to have sprung here in Kent, UK. Nice weather. No rain, the ground squelches, but can't complain.

Complaint

I'm in the office, not in the spring sunshine.

Regards,

Richard

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

kyoto kid said:

Meanwhile it's been pretty scary in the central part of the country with heavy rain, hail, strong winds, and large outbreaks of tornadoes. People back there please take care and heed the warnings..

Well it would help if they stopped calling everything a tornado. The first time the sirens went off, I was able to get everybody to go into the basement. The second time, they were just over it. Like there was no point in getting out of bed for this "dopplar indicated" nonsense. They even have a new "AI tornado predictor".

We had rain and hail this morning. It really got one of the cats concerned. But after he got in here with the rest of us, he calmed down. Now it's a bright and sunny morning. Wild.

edited May 8

kyoto kid said:

We got this. 

438969400_993161549143401_5697704502928194061_n.jpg
    520 x 640 - 77K
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Is 72% humidity high?

IMG_1704.png
    1170 x 2532 - 932K

Today's forecast includes rain storms, another tornado watch, and warnings. It's so boring. I was up in the middle of the night, sirens blaring. Three hit our area early Tuesday morning.

Yes, 3 tornadoes touched down near St. Louis Tuesday morning. Here's how we know (msn.com)

Last Thursday we had Nine

Yes, 9 tornadoes touched down near St. Louis Thursday evening. Here's how we know (msn.com)

edited May 8

Sfariah D said:

Is 72% humidity high?

Not if  you live in Florida.indecision   Although, in much of the civilized world, it's dehumidifier time for people comfort.   But...,"Research from the Building Science Corporation found that humidity of 70% or higher adjacent to a surface can cause serious damage to the property. The Health and Safety Executive recommends that relative humidity indoors should be maintained at 40-70%, while other experts recommend that the range should be 30-60%."

No dehumidifier?  Fans, cool drinks, shade, and near nakedness helpsenlightened.  Florida old-timer advice.​

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited May 8

Non-complaint:  Laundry is done again.  Yay!  AND, I got a free ride back home after striking up a conversation with a fellow ancient person launderer.

Complaint:  Arghhh..., couldn't find my wallet after getting home and emptying my pockets.  ARGHHHHH...  Looked in all the usual places.sad  Finally came to the conclusion that I'd left it in the laundromat.  ARGHHHHH.crying  Bit the bullet and decided to list all the stuff in my wallet. (a hopeless task) and call the appropriate authorities. 

Non-complaint:  But before I called, I opened my desk cabinet to put my coin change into the the coin bucket.  Miracle upon miracle, I spied my wallet sitting in its normal place!yes  I DO NOT REMEMBER putting it there after I arrived home.  Brain was on total automatic.  (* Sigh, senility approacheth*)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675
    edited May 8

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Laundry is done again.  Yay!  AND, I got a free ride back home after striking up a conversation with a fellow ancient person launderer.

Complaint:  Arghhh..., couldn't find my wallet after getting home and emptying my pockets.  ARGHHHHH...  Looked in all the usual places.sad  Finally came to the conclusion that I'd left it in the laundromat.  ARGHHHHH.crying  Bit the bullet and decided to list all the stuff in my wallet. (a hopeless task) and call the appropriate authorities. 

Non-complaint:  But as I reached into my cabinet to put my coin change into the the coin bucket, I spied my wallet sitting in its normal place!  I DO NOT REMEMBER putting it there after I arrived home.  Brain was on total automatic.  (* Sigh, senility approacheth*)

I guess you didn't really initially look in "all the usuals places".cheeky   Anyway I'm glad you found it. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,570

Makes you feel silly, but not half as silly as I did when I spent 30 minutes looking for my glasses before realising that the reason I could search so easily was that I was wearing the glasses I was looking for.

Ho hum.

Regards

Richard

What

XI Haunted Artifact Room | Daz 3D

The Warrens artifact room, anyone?

edited May 8

Charlie Judge said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  But as I reached into my cabinet to put my coin change into the the coin bucket, I spied my wallet sitting in its normal place!  I DO NOT REMEMBER putting it there after I arrived home.  Brain was on total automatic.  (* Sigh, senility approacheth*)

I guess you didn't really initially look in "all the usuals places".cheeky   Anyway I'm glad you found it. 

To be more precise, once I realized it wasn't in my rear pant's pocket, I looked in all the usual places that my wallet would be if I had laid it down after arriving home, because if I had put it in its proper spot I would have remembered that, surely?frown  'Twasn't on the desk,  not in my laundry cart, not on the kitchen shelf, not next to my TV chair, not fallen out in the bathroom during the "arrived home, frantic pee", not on the shelf by the door, not upstairs after unloading the clean clothes, not on top of the computer along with my sunglasses, not on the TV stand, not on the porch, not laying in the driveway, and no way to contact the helpful ancient person launderer that drove me home that perchance might have it in her car.  Twenty minutes of fruitless searching, gnashing of teeth, wailing, and self admonishment.  

Conclusion:  I should probably install a CCTV in the house to monitor my activities as a record of my "automatic" behavior for situations like this.enlightened  Who knows what my body is doing when my brain is turned off?sad  Or perhaps it's time to buy a new biker's wallet with a chain that clips to my belt.enlightened

I thought of a way to make money.  I can apply to Old Navy.  If I get accepted, I can get regular paychecks.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,192

Boy, it's dead in here!  Nothing since yesterday afternoon!

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,758

Lots of threads have been allegedly killed lately.

edited May 10

I noticed today that the thread (Hot new...) where problems were reported on sales and such was closed, but I can't find a replacement.  Did they just kill it, hoping the complaints would just go away?

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,974
    edited May 10

DanaTA said:

I noticed today that the thread (Hot new...) where problems were reported on sales and such was closed, but I can't find a replacement.  Did they just kill it, hoping the complaints would just go away?

It hit 100 pages of comments, so they locked it and will presumably open a new thread soon.

edit: Scratch that, there's already a new thread.

Post edited by Gordig on

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

It hit 100 pages of comments, so they locked it and will presumably open a new thread soon.

edit: Scratch that, there's already a new thread.

Thank you! 

edited May 10

DanaTA said:

Boy, it's dead in here!  Nothing since yesterday afternoon!

So, people really do notice my absence! surprise

Complaint:  Yesterday afternoon, my power went out.  Circuit breaker in basement.  Neighbor was having new phone/internet service installed and coincidentally the circuit blew.  Up and down the dangerous cellar stairs to reset the breaker only to have it blow again in a few seconds.  After an hour or so of this we (the neighbor lady and I) decided that it was probably the breaker mechanism itself.  In fact a couple of times the power would go out for about 10 seconds, then come back on.  When resetting the breaker, if you listened carefully, there were tiny sparking sounds.frown   Finally got the landlord to come look at it, and it turns out he's now got all sorts of medical problems too,sad But he called in a friend who attempted to diagnose the problem as a spurious device somewhere in the circuit causing overloads.  After another hour of running up and down the cellar stairs, and my bedroom stairs, to test circuits, A/C, electronics, fans.   I finally told the landlord that "He's chasing the wrong squirrel", meaning that's not where the problem lies, all the symptoms I'd observed over the last two hours were:

1) the circuit breaker doesn't "click" into place after you reset it and slips out easily,

2) the circuit breaker sizzles slightly.

3) any momentary quick load on the system trips the breaker.  But if it survives, then afterwards, the load on the lines are minimal and never exceeded 1000w (computers, lights, and heater on low)

4) These circuit breakers do not reset themselves, so power coming back on by itself after an outage seems to indicate the breaker is "ON" but the contacts are sketchy or at least bouncy which correlates with the sizzling sound.

So, finally the friend took out the breaker altogether and left both our apartments without a major circuit all night.  That one circuit feeds both our livingrooms, i.e. computer, TV, lights for neither of us.sad

I rummaged around and found a long heavy-duty extension cord and a nearby wall sconce light on the kitchen circuit that I could take the bulb out and screw in an adapter, into which I could plug the extension cord.  That gave me the ability to plug in my UPS battery which powers my TV, headphones, and Internet modem.yes

So that's my story about why this thread was dead since yesterday afternoon.

Still no repair of the circuit breaker, but now I've tapped in my other two UPS batteries to the extension cord and now have access to my primary computer, some lights, and external hard drives.  So here I am.  Rejoice!blush

Non-complaint:  3:30 PM  New circuit breaker installed. all seems OK.  Now to put my house back in order after having torn it apart looking for extension cords, adapters, moving furniture to access plugs, pluging UPS batteries into wall again, and vacumming spider webs & 2 year old dust.  I could barely move last night, and today I am sooo exhausted, but my power is back.  Yay!yes

Sorry been busy today.  I'm thinking of taking a nap after someone answers the phone instead of keeping me on hold.

Sfariah D said:

Sorry been busy today.  I'm thinking of taking a nap after someone answers the phone instead of keeping me on hold.

Your call is important to them!   cheeky 

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

Actually the call is imperative and important to me.  It was to schedule my rides for Saturday.

I found this picture on facebook of someone's dogs.  What breed of dog is this?  Can't have one of those as my lease says fish only.  One day I will like to live somewhere where I can have one of these as a pet.

IMG_1722.jpeg
    1170 x 929 - 601K

Sfariah D said:

DanaTA said:

Sfariah D said:

Actually the call is imperative and important to me.  It was to schedule my rides for Saturday.

I found this picture on facebook of someone's dogs.  What breed of dog is this?  Can't have one of those as my lease says fish only.  One day I will like to live somewhere where I can have one of these as a pet.

That's the famous catdog!  They make good lap pets!  laugh 

This discussion has been closed.