There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Hmm, it's Thursday and we usually get a new major character or a bundle; but none so far today. Just an observation. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

Charlie Judge said:

Hmm, it's Thursday and we usually get a new major character or a bundle; but none so far today. Just an observation. 

We did get toilet poaper though... wont have to fear pandemic again!

• Calypso 9 Pro Bundle

Annoying that we're getting one more "exclusive alternate shape" instead of the additional licenses this time. That's a change for the worse.

But the price is right: With eight tokens and the Daz+ DOs coupon, the Pro bundle plus ALL associated Daz Originals releases (textures, tattoos, environment) totals just under $17. Under $10 without the extras. Crazy.

Looking at the character page: Love the beach promo (stretching out the foot) and the one using the Sidra skin (among the seaweeds). Also the ones where she's diving down (in the pink top) and swimming toward the side of the camera (with the purple tail). Others, too, but those especially caught my eye and sold the character.

And loving the claws, ears, head ridge, shape of the tail, etc. Pleasantly surprised to see so many options listed for customizing her mermaid form.

Overall, an easy sale: She's a cute Thorne toon, and a mermaid, at a great price, so... yeah... Jumped into my cart faster than any G9 character to date. ;)
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

The price for the pro bundle is great even without the tokens, but there's almost nothing in the bundle that I really want. Calypso herself is cute and all, but there's little personality to her (to me, the mermaid head morphs make it even more apparent), especially in comparison to Kiri which I just got (personal preference, I suppose), and the hair and two of the outfits are also not something I'd use. Then there is make-up, expression, and poses.

While the price is awesome, it feels like the "pro bundle" lacks in this case, at least for me. Some other people might be happy with causal outfits and so on.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 533
    edited September 2023

Does anyone have images of the Calypso body tattoos they can share? There are zero examples of how it looks on her (in mermaid form). I'd like to know what it looks like on the mermaid before I buy. Thanks. :)

Post edited by Shimrian on
  • doubledeviant said:

Calypso 9 Pro Bundle

Annoying that we're getting one more "exclusive alternate shape" instead of the additional licenses this time. That's a change for the worse.

But the price is right: With eight tokens and the Daz+ DOs coupon, the Pro bundle plus ALL associated Daz Originals releases (textures, tattoos, environment) totals just under $17. Under $10 without the extras. Crazy.

Looking at the character page: Love the beach promo (stretching out the foot) and the one using the Sidra skin (among the seaweeds). Also the ones where she's diving down (in the pink top) and swimming toward the side of the camera (with the purple tail). Others, too, but those especially caught my eye and sold the character.

And loving the claws, ears, head ridge, shape of the tail, etc. Pleasantly surprised to see so many options listed for customizing her mermaid form.

Overall, an easy sale: She's a cute Thorne toon, and a mermaid, at a great price, so... yeah... Jumped into my cart faster than any G9 character to date. ;)

The stupid part is that you'll never be able to register an extra  license  to those shapes as they don't exist on the store.... (still have a ticket open for Mira, Niketa and Lahr extra shapes that will never be completed imho)

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

joanna said:

The price for the pro bundle is great even without the tokens, but there's almost nothing in the bundle that I really want. Calypso herself is cute and all, but there's little personality to her (to me, the mermaid head morphs make it even more apparent), especially in comparison to Kiri which I just got (personal preference, I suppose), and the hair and two of the outfits are also not something I'd use. Then there is make-up, expression, and poses.

While the price is awesome, it feels like the "pro bundle" lacks in this case, at least for me. Some other people might be happy with causal outfits and so on.

Same here.

Also, the mermaid morph looks like a mermaid suit than an actual mermaid tail–you can see the outline of her legs and it bends like legs, not like a fish tail. Odd choice.

I got a glimpse at the pack when it first went up and it had images of a nude prepubescent Calypso. Makes me wonder about target audience.

• Something in the mysterious Daz Math changed today... my discounts are about 3-6% lower on Wishlist items that I drop into the cart, compared to last week. Shrugs. I'm sure it's because I'm no longer tripping a tripwire somewhere.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

Blando Calrissian said:

Something in the mysterious Daz Math changed today... my discounts are about 3-6% lower on Wishlist items that I drop into the cart, compared to last week. Shrugs. I'm sure it's because I'm no longer tripping a tripwire somewhere.

It just means those wishlist items are not part of as good deals as last week.

I never use the wishlist to pick items, but go to whatever offers there are and pick wishlisted items amongst the selection listed in that offer. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,023

doubledeviant said:

Calypso 9 Pro Bundle

I paid 12.97 for the Pro Bundle without using any coupons... methinks someone at DAZ may have done some math wrong when they were working out all the various discounts, or they forgot about the orange banner offer they're running for those who own 30 or more items by the day's featured vendors, which really paid off when combined with 8 tokens.  I'm not into mermaids, but how could I not buy the PB at that price?  

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,385
    edited September 2023

lou_harper said:

I got a glimpse at the pack when it first went up and it had images of a nude prepubescent Calypso. Makes me wonder about target audience.

I thought I was the only one who saw that and at DAZ no less! Figured they would resolve that in short order.

Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

lou_harper said:

I thought I was the only one who saw that and at DAZ no less! Figured they would resolve that in short order.

The fact that something like that could slide thru does imply that the whole thing was thrown together at the very last second.  Coupled with the crazy discounting that was letting people get the Pro Bundle for under 20 bucks, it makes me wonder if we weren't supposed to get Calypso this week at all, but something else fell through... 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,734

I saw it and thought DAZ had finally come to their senses, .......guess not sad

• Is it just me, or would it be useful for the Golden Ticket items at top of the page entry to include the product name and for generation/s and what it is (character, poses, etc) and not just the thumbnail? Things is given for every other item on the day's page.

I'd really like to be able to tell if the Golden Ticket is something possibly useful for me without having to go to the store page. Today's thumbnail is obviously a product for hands & feet but you can't tell it's not just for G9 without going to the page, for example. Without the info, the Predatron Gazelle thumbnail could be a promo image for Herbivore Fur Shaders, a Horse 3 morph, or the standalone figure it is (with multiple species, so easy wishlist).

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Is it just me, or would it be useful for the Golden Ticket items at top of the page entry to include the product name and for generation/s and what it is (character, poses, etc) and not just the thumbnail? Things is given for every other item on the day's page.

I'd really like to be able to tell if the Golden Ticket is something possibly useful for me without having to go to the store page. Today's thumbnail is obviously a product for hands & feet but you can't tell it's not just for G9 without going to the page, for example. Without the info, the Predatron Gazelle thumbnail could be a promo image for Herbivore Fur Shaders, a Horse 3 morph, or the standalone figure it is (with multiple species, so easy wishlist).

What?  You want a DAZ sales blurb to actually be useful, informative and not a little verbally confused or misleading?  Yeah, you and pretty much everyone else, but they're only getting less helpful and more intent on driving up the click-count...        

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

Am I the only one who feels the ongoing sales is... well boring...

The deals are great and I been spending, but I feel like something is missing. So far only remember one combo deal and everything else was "Here are all the deals, take it or leave it".

• Cybersox said:

Is it just me, or would it be useful for the Golden Ticket items at top of the page entry to include the product name and for generation/s and what it is (character, poses, etc) and not just the thumbnail? Things is given for every other item on the day's page.

What?  You want a DAZ sales blurb to actually be useful, informative and not a little verbally confused or misleading?  Yeah, you and pretty much everyone else, but they're only getting less helpful and more intent on driving up the click-count...        

Nope. I am just hoping for vaguely, minimally informative - like  generation, pose/shader/clothing/other - without clicking.

I know I am wishing in vain.

• Well the hands and feet product are for all the Genesis clans :-)

I bought the mermaid bundle because the price was just too good :-) I also bought the cave for them to swim in. Now for the few dollars the cave cost I am not complaining however, a light set for it would have been nice so one could see the mermaids in there lol ... and also some removable cave walls to let some light in. So I made some removable sections for the cave using Hexagon and saved that as a scene subset. And the mermaids are going to get some lanterns or something ;-)

The gazelles were an instant purchase! Very happy with those.

The time traveler morph set plays nicely with other character morphs.

Got the HD Shark for under 2 USD, so the mermaids have to behave themselves ;-)

I don't mind that there's nothing super terrific atm as I'm waiting for a new CC to arrive and the store credit has run out :-(

• Pretty poopy sale compared to last year, again.

Yeah sure, deals are good for high spenders, but I won't be spending 40$ just so I can get proper discount on my NEXT orderno
    Flat pricess are nowhere near as good as last year. 
    I was counting on 2$ grab bags, but nope, not this timelaugh
    The only place worth checking for me are lightning deals, but 95% of the deals appearing are a miss, rather than a hit.
    I'm really growing to hate those tokens.

• edited September 2023

Catherine3678ab said:

Well the hands and feet product are for all the Genesis clans :-)

I bought the mermaid bundle because the price was just too good :-) I also bought the cave for them to swim in. Now for the few dollars the cave cost I am not complaining however, a light set for it would have been nice so one could see the mermaids in there lol ... and also some removable cave walls to let some light in. So I made some removable sections for the cave using Hexagon and saved that as a scene subset. And the mermaids are going to get some lanterns or something ;-)

I don't mind that there's nothing super terrific atm as I'm waiting for a new CC to arrive and the store credit has run out :-(

I saw the hands & feet were multi-figure but right now All Good Things must be wishlisted, since it's T Minus 3 Days until payday. (Maybe I will get lucky & they will forget to change the Golden Tickets on time.) Meanwhile, I will check out this cave of which you speak. In the last few months, I've picked up Sickleyield's G8 Merfolk & also Anemone, an adorable G2 water fae or elemental (DO) and they all need homes. 

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • Ghost said:

Pretty poopy sale compared to last year, again.

Yeah sure, deals are good for high spenders, but I won't be spending 40$ just so I can get proper discount on my NEXT orderno
    Flat pricess are nowhere near as good as last year. 
    I was counting on 2$ grab bags, but nope, not this timelaugh
    The only place worth checking for me are lightning deals, but 95% of the deals appearing are a miss, rather than a hit.
    I'm really growing to hate those tokens.

I deal with Tokens by ignoring them. If I happen to have a Token or 2 the next time I buy, I apply them and go on my way. But I won't chase them down. 

• I can't quite figure out what the Hands and Feet thing does and why I need it, even at 2.99 not buying something I probably won't use

yes read commercial thread and still don't understand

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I deal with Tokens by ignoring them. If I happen to have a Token or 2 the next time I buy, I apply them and go on my way. But I won't chase them down. 

I don't eitherlaugh
    But now you need them to reach the same price point as we had pre-tokens era, that's the problemlaugh 

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 530
    edited September 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I can't quite figure out what the Hands and Feet thing does and why I need it, even at 2.99 not buying something I probably won't use

yes read commercial thread and still don't understand

Some strange Golden Ticket items.. the Gazelle has been the best Golden Ticket item, for many reasons... including nostalgia lol :) 

Tried to put the video to start ay 5mins 10 Seconds

Post edited by TriCounter on
  • miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Catherine3678ab said:

I saw the hands & feet were multi-figure but right now All Good Things must be wishlisted, since it's T Minus 3 Days until payday. (Maybe I will get lucky & they will forget to change the Golden Tickets on time.) Meanwhile, I will check out this cave of which you speak. In the last few months, I've picked up Sickleyield's G8 Merfolk & also Anemone, an adorable G2 water fae or elemental (DO) and they all need homes. 

This is the cave: https://www.daz3d.com/xi-underwater-cave However the price has gone up from where it was when I bought it.

• Catherine3678ab said:

Catherine3678ab said:

This is the cave: https://www.daz3d.com/xi-underwater-cave However the price has gone up from where it was when I bought it.

Thanks, that is gorgeous, and looks accurate 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,992
    edited September 2023

...well, so much for Thursday as for the second night in a row, the Golden Ticket item is exclusively for G9.  

Hoping for Friday that the GT item has a bit more of a "general appeal" like several of the previous ones have as that extra 20% comes in real handy.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • So far I've found that, as the ad says, if one has purchased "any" Golden Ticket, the extra 20% will be applied to those products which it applies to.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,992

...however there's an (*) after the "Extra 20% off" that which in the small print just below indicates:

* Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply.

This is not the first time we have been given confusing information.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

Catherine3678ab said:

So far I've found that, as the ad says, if one has purchased "any" Golden Ticket, the extra 20% will be applied to those products which it applies to.

it says that but I woke up this morning with all my cart being $7 more and it turned out that the discount had decreased. I added the new GT and the price dropped again. I noticed that a couple days ago as well, but I've also purchased without buying a new GT and the discounting worked. Who knows.  

This discussion has been closed.