There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

19495969798100»

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

daveso said:

its somewhat difficult to  use the DAZ+ coupons anymore with the coupons already needed to trigger sales. I just ry to grab something and don;t worry about using them much anymore.  

Something usually presents itself before the end of the month. I try not to use it too early. Often something good happens later in the month. It's a decision. I've missed a few great deals by waiting too long, but things have a way of coming around again.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

SilverGirl said:

Orange banner for 20% off entire cart - includes gift cards!!

The gift card would be the one, but the offer expires before I can buy a prepaid Mastercard to pay for it...

Otherwise, today seems not to be the day to make purchases. 

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

its somewhat difficult to  use the DAZ+ coupons anymore with the coupons already needed to trigger sales. I just ry to grab something and don;t worry about using them much anymore.  

Something usually presents itself before the end of the month. I try not to use it too early. Often something good happens later in the month. It's a decision. I've missed a few great deals by waiting too long, but things have a way of coming around again.

I try to use them as soon as possible on a cart that's using 8 tokens and doesn't need any other coupons - The days with $15 off DO's were good days to use them smiley

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Officially into the second half of the month!! I tend to have better luck with stuff I want in my price range for the last two weeks than the first two, so... fingers crossed!!

edited May 15

Me too. Cheers for 2nd half of the month!

Post edited by Torquinox on

For those more experienced: Is there usually a Memorial Day sale? When folk talk about the "June sale" is it kind of like March Madness was, or more just one really good week or something?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675
    edited May 15

SilverGirl said:

For those more experienced: Is there usually a Memorial Day sale? When folk talk about the "June sale" is it kind of like March Madness was, or more just one really good week or something?

I think "June sale" refers to the DAZ+ summer sale which lasts about a month. It is often as good or better than March Madness, at least for DAZ+ members.

I don't know whether or not there will be anything special for Memorial Day. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342

Ha, last year's Memorial Day weekend sale was so epic it spawned a "Render Your Buys" thread:

2023 Memorial Day Weekend Sales - Share Your Renders! - Daz 3D Forums

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Ha, last year's Memorial Day weekend sale was so epic it spawned a "Render Your Buys" thread:

2023 Memorial Day Weekend Sales - Share Your Renders! - Daz 3D Forums

Well, then! Here's hoping for a repeat! 

edited May 16

Nice surprice to see expiration date for the new Orange Banner, thank you Daz yes

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

no orange banner on my page. 

edited May 16

daveso said:

It is for owning Harlow 9 . Do you own it?  

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,965

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

I own Harlow 9 but not the pro bundle, that must be what you need for the orange banner because I don't have one either. 

benniewoodell said:

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

I own Harlow 9 but not the pro bundle, that must be what you need for the orange banner because I don't have one either. 

Yes, it's for the Pro Bundle. 

New flash sale tile buried in the middle of the other ones - extra 60% off 3 select items with code. Looks like the selection is pretty broad, but apparently does not include D+.

Okay, now I have to laugh... I was waffling on what 3 items to get, and was debating on the "toy pony," but it needs Daz Horse 2.

And then... Daz Horse 2 showed up in my lightning deals. I never get offered something that useful.

The gods of 3D art have spoken.

edited May 16

PerttiA said:

benniewoodell said:

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

Yes, it's for the Pro Bundle. 

I don't think it is just for owning the pro bundle. Mine says:

Because you own Harlow 9 or any of his bundles:

• NathNath Posts: 2,790

There must be some other condition than just owning Harlow though. I do own him and his HD addon and I'm not seeing any banner. Which is fine cause I just blew my remaining store credit on the 3 items for another 60% off offer smiley

Nath said:

There must be some other condition than just owning Harlow though. I do own him and his HD addon and I'm not seeing any banner. Which is fine cause I just blew my remaining store credit on the 3 items for another 60% off offer smiley

I just quoted what my banner description says Those of you who own Harlow 9 but not the pro bundle and didn't get the offer might want to open a query over in the reporting thread.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

SilverGirl said:

New flash sale tile buried in the middle of the other ones - extra 60% off 3 select items with code. Looks like the selection is pretty broad, but apparently does not include D+.

Thanks for the headsup! 

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

who that? 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited May 17

...picked up Shika for G8.1 and the  Ratnick for G9  as a bonus for 3.99 on the RawArt Sale

We are mvoing ever closer to the There's Always Another Sale Thread (Discussion Only) "Part Tre".

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,384

columbine said:

The fun thing about today's feature is that no one at this point remembers John Carter or cares enough to fuss about potential IP issues.

(Actually, there are none. The original books are well into public domain at this point. The Burroughs company does have a TRADEMARK on "John Carter," which is not the same thing, but those words do not appear anywhere in the Daz materials, and the bikini is a complete fabrication not subject to EL because BARSOOMIANS DO NOT WEAR CLOTHES and the idea of the Barsoomian Bikini Armor is the work of long-ago pulp artists who were not permitted to show Dejah Thoris in her actual mode of undress on a book cover.)

Worthwhile to provide a citation or two, I think, if only so the mods don't fret about unproven assertions:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Rice_Burroughs,_Inc. (on Burroughs' company, which he formed HIMSELF, and John Carter's trademark)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejah_Thoris (quotes the paragraph from A PRINCESS OF MARS where it is made quite explicit by ERB what Barsoomians don't wear)

What I want to know (and this is why this is posted in the sales discussion): I can see tie-in category sales on "Space Items" and "Space Craft," because those are tied to the "Mars" concept, even though there is almost none of that kind of thing in the Barsoom books (they have tech, but it's subtle; they fight with SWORDS, people ... and there are no space craft; Carter is TELEPORTED to Barsoom). But what is this "Gorillas and Apes" category? That can only be there because someone assumes people will realize the same guy was responsible for both John Carter and Tarzan ... and that, I think, is a bridge too far, given that no one under sixty (actually it's probably more like eighty*) even remembers who John Carter was now (failed 2012 film notwithstanding), nor knows who wrote him, much less that the same person wrote the Tarzan books. Can anyone else think of a plausible reason why that category is even there?

* I know of John Carter and I'm fifty-six, but I'm weird and read old books. Actually, I never got further than A PRINCESS OF MARS because I find ERB's prose overwrought and not very entertaining to wade through.

I'm under 60 and I know - and i haven't read the books.

Torquinox said:

Today delivered! I got 10 things I've been waiting on for $20 total, with the help of 30% off gift card store credit, the two D+ monthly coupons, and one token from the first ($6 off $18 coupon) cart to spend on the second one. (And the sales, of course.) Most of it was shaders that were standing in the way of getting a couple of my kitbash environments finished up, so I'm really looking forward to having those ready for actual renders.

Now I can just kick back without feeling twitchy about nothing coming along to use the coupons on. If another useful-to-me sale happens this month, awesome! If not, saving up for the summer sale!

whats the great savings today with no tokens  before i bite on this cart? I have items in cart at 79% off total, $4.47 each for 11 items... seems high, but it should be possible to get additional if you know where to look. Everything is from current page offers. The DAZ+ deal today gives a 10 and a 10 extra discount for a new CATCH item. I used 1 DAZ+ coupon for $6 off, and then whatever the offer was... 

None of today's sales put anything within my purchase parameters. I'm waiting to see what happens Memorial Day weekend. Hoping for something especially good. We shall see!

SilverGirl said:

Torquinox said:

Today delivered! I got 10 things I've been waiting on for $20 total, with the help of 30% off gift card store credit, the two D+ monthly coupons, and one token from the first ($6 off $18 coupon) cart to spend on the second one. (And the sales, of course.) Most of it was shaders that were standing in the way of getting a couple of my kitbash environments finished up, so I'm really looking forward to having those ready for actual renders.

Now I can just kick back without feeling twitchy about nothing coming along to use the coupons on. If another useful-to-me sale happens this month, awesome! If not, saving up for the summer sale!

Sounds great! Glad to hear. 

edited May 19

daveso said:

whats the great savings today with no tokens  before i bite on this cart? I have items in cart at 79% off total, $4.47 each for 11 items... seems high, but it should be possible to get additional if you know where to look. Everything is from current page offers. The DAZ+ deal today gives a 10 and a 10 extra discount for a new CATCH item. I used 1 DAZ+ coupon for $6 off, and then whatever the offer was... 

The "Daz Artist Stealz" isn't bad as it does stack with other discounts, 87% off three+ items (listed at $24.95) if they were on ones wishlist, 90% off if one also has a new Catch item in the cart. (no tokens used)

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited May 22

A good sale day today. The wislist sale stacks with other sales and also applies to new releases. Using 8 tokens I was able to knock 10 items (mostly new ones) off my wishlist with discounts well over 705 and many over new ones over 80%. Altogether I spent $51.62 for 11 items and also got 10 new tokens

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342
    edited May 22

Charlie Judge said:

A good sale day today. The wislist sale stacks with other sales and also applies to new releases. Using 8 tokens I was able to knock 10 items (mostly new ones) off my wishlist with discounts well over 705 and many over new ones over 80%. Altogether I spent $51.62 for 11 items and also got 10 new tokens

Same for me. I'm very happy with today's cart. I started the day with 17 wishlist items (all but one are 2024 releases). I have 13 of them in the cart, along with two new-today items and three other recent items I found from one of the current artist sales. The new-todays were 68% off and everything else is 77-87%. Grand total of 15 "News", two other 2024s, and one released on 12/31/2023.

-------------------------------------

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/687961/there-s-always-another-sale-thread-discussions-only-pt-3

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.