There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Charlie Judge said:

frank0314 said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Aw, bummer, not even double tokens. Today was the first day of the sale that there were new things (aside from the "golden ticket" items) that interested me enough to throw in the cart.

However, most of my tokens expire at the end of Friday, so I'll get motivated before the weekend - or not.

Tokens expire 4 days after you receive them, not on Fridays specifically.

True; but I think Paulawp is simplly saying that most of her tokens exprie in Friday and not that all tokens expire on Friday. 

Exactly. Just by chance, most of my current pile of tokens goes out at the end of Friday. Mindful of it being a holiday weekend, i'm watching for a chance to restock in advance.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,003
    edited August 2023

The Lightning deals struck again, an item on my wishlist was 95% off and little less in the cart, so I pulled the trigger on a $30 cart, using 4 tokens on it.
    Wasn't that bad as the cart was still 93% off

Post edited by PerttiA on

New item? https://www.daz3d.com/iray-clouds

Looks a lot like Stonemasons Iray Clouds that was released in 2016

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,415

PerttiA said:

Yup. Bought it then (sort of), sure won't buy it again. Makes the bundle less attractive, if I were at all interested.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,363

I was hoping for a new Golden ticket item today so am pretty dissapointed to see that its the tutorial again.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,413

scorpio said:

I was hoping for a new Golden ticket item today so am pretty dissapointed to see that its the tutorial again.

However, the 'Golden Tickets' you have bought so far are still valid. If no new ones are added, this should apply to the entire PA sale. At least I hope so. But new 'Golden Tickets' would still be nice...!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,363

caravelle said:

scorpio said:

However, the 'Golden Tickets' you have bought so far are still valid. If no new ones are added, this should apply to the entire PA sale. At least I hope so. But new 'Golden Tickets' would still be nice...!

Ohh thank you - I thought I had to have one in the cart to get the discount.  

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,413

scorpio said:

caravelle said:

scorpio said:

Ohh thank you - I thought I had to have one in the cart to get the discount.  

You're welcome, scorpio!

• NorthOf45 said:

PerttiA said:

Yup. Bought it then (sort of), sure won't buy it again. Makes the bundle less attractive, if I were at all interested.

You should have a discount applied to today's new releases as a thank you, and a PM about that (which may initially have been blank, depending on when you looked).

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,415

Richard Haseltine said:

NorthOf45 said:

PerttiA said:

You should have a discount applied to today's new releases as a thank you, and a PM about that (which may initially have been blank, depending on when you looked).

Ah, yes, it was blank at the time... 

• I stayed out the last couple of days as I was wanting to time my next buy to provide tokens for the weekend - there are a lot of good deals to be had out there today. 

• Really need a good gift card sale.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,281

Charlie Judge said:

Really need a good gift card sale.

Oh yes please DAZ! I couldn't agree more, since I'm down to my last $1.77 in store credit since that last couple of days of sale prices.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,915
    edited September 2023

...OK, so how do you know how many tokens you have accumulated and  the what the expiration date is?  This used to be displayed  on the daily sale pages but  no longer.  If you go to your cart page with nothing in the cart is only says that the cart is empty.

(BTW really getting tires of these damnable host errors, if anything needs fixing it's the bleedin' forum servers)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,897

I'm not sure if there is anywhere you can see the number of tokens you have. The only way I can think of atm is after you add an item to your cart or the quick cart preview or checkout. Tokens expire 4 days after you receive them.

edited September 2023

...that's a serious disservice, 

Beforehand the daily sale pages always showed your total and indicated that some would expire soon.  This either needs to be reinstated, or show up on either on the cart page even wth nothing in it, or your account page under messages or something like that.

Even grocery megacorp Safeway tells me how many rewards I have, my progress to the next one, and when they expire without putting anything in the cart or making a purchase.

That wood be more valuable to customers than all these fancy "gimmicks" like that annoying drop down banner that replaced the original menus.

I also noticed that not all Daz+ items have the Daz+ & Daz O Icons on them when viewing sale pages. 

Updates and upgrades to the site should make it more helpful and useful for users, not make them jump through more hoops or leave them guessing what is going on.  Why development always seems to choose a major sale event to test and roll out these changes is simply bad planning.

frank0314 said:

I'm not sure if there is anywhere you can see the number of tokens you have. The only way I can think of atm is after you add an item to your cart or the quick cart preview or checkout. Tokens expire 4 days after you receive them.

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens

...thanks, that link needs to be embedded somewhere on the site.

kyoto kid said:

It's the second to last in the rotating banners 

edited September 2023

..that's still inconvenient as the banner changes sale to sale.  it should have a more "visible" location like on your account page..

Like I mentoned site updates should make things easier for the user/customer, not harder. 

• PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

It's the second to last in the rotating banners 

Be aware that they may not be in order of expiration. Mine display like this:

When do my tokens expire?

10 expire on Thu, 07 Sep 2023 06:00:00 UTC

2 expire on Fri, 08 Sep 2023 06:00:00 UTC

8 expire on Mon, 04 Sep 2023 06:00:00 UTC

6 expire on Wed, 06 Sep 2023 06:00:00 UTC

2 expire on Tue, 05 Sep 2023 06:00:00 UTC

• Item:

Sku:

Price:

Nikolai 9 HD Santa Bundle

$7.96

Minerva 9 HD Christmas Bundle

$6.04

Cyber Flying Food Truck

$1.51

Subtotal

$225.92

Discount

$210.41

Store Credit

$0.00

Tax

$0.00

Grand Total

$15.51

NICEyesheart

• Wow. Spent a lot recently. As a result I get all bad Labour day offers. Well, whatever.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,253

Nikolai 9 HD Elf Bundle            88480 $6.55

Xiu Lin 9 HD and Fanny Bundle 89684 $10.15

Josie 9 Mega Bundle                88247 $12.35

Subtotal $420.96

Discounts $-391.91

Store Credit $0.00

Sales Tax $0.00

Total $29.05

Definately nice !!!

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,259

Today was a stunning day. I got three bundles for G9 in under $30 (5 tokens used on top of all other discounts).

Nathan 9 HD Rebel Adventure Bundle
    $10.81
    93% Off

Kiri 9 HD Anime Dark Bundle
    $10.74
    93% Off

Joan 9 HD Defender Bundle
    $5.59
    93% Off

I'm especially happy with the first two, so I didn't get the Joan 9 Elf addon. Another time... :)

• I got 23 more items today, and it took me the whole day to think about each one to be sure I can actually use it. I'm already overwhelmed with props and tools that I've never used, but these are going to be great for creating the new image ideas they gave me today... if I can ever get around to using them. I think I've detected a problem in my strategy...
    Thank you Daz3D and vendors! This was the most generous sale I can remember here! Um, it is over today, right?

• those lightning deals keep chipping away at my bank balance too

random items for around 40c

• Even at 96% off, Michael 9 is unappealing.

But Nathan 9 for 94% off sounds good. Not perfect, but at this price, I think I can work with it (thanks to some PA products).

Considering Lawrence 9, too, but the division into three bundles hurts the purchase, as does the lack of an appealing female counterpart. On the fence - Urban Military Bundle might work for me, but then I'd need to rework my cart.

...you folks must have more tokens than I do, though I still didn't do too bad:  143$ for about 23$ mostly from the wishlist. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,113
    edited September 2023
    kyoto kid said:

...you folks must have more tokens than I do, though I still didn't do too bad:  143$ for about 23$ mostly from the wishlist. 

My wallet's taken several big hits from the "Legacy Items" selections - mostly G3 items (OOT hair bundles, Zev0 tools, etc) that weren't a priority but were hard to pass up for $1 to $3.

G9 is still shaky - it seems to be getting better, slowly, and there are some appealing characters available now, but a lot of G3 stuff still looks great (to me, anyway), and the paranoid part of my brain said "Grab them now before Daz does something dumb and starts pruning 'obsolete' items from the store!"

So, yeah... I had a pile of tokens going into the Labor Day sale. ;)
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
This discussion has been closed.