There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Torquinox said:

PerttiA said:

With the prepaid Mastercards I can buy maximum $153 per each purchase (limited to max 150eur in EU).

My current cart has $20.03 worth of "Moving" and a $191.25 gift card for $133.88
    Ie. I get the "Moving" New Releases for free with $191.25 store credit

That's $38.25 for free, which makes the offer more like 25% off my gift card plus 2 free items.

25% off is still a pretty good deal, don't you think? 

Yeah, good enough for me to go and buy another prepaid Mastercard for a second purchase blush

Over 20% off gift cards does not happen often.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

PerttiA said:

Torquinox said:

25% off is still a pretty good deal, don't you think? 

Yeah, good enough for me to go and buy another prepaid Mastercard for a second purchase blush

Over 20% off gift cards does not happen often.

I kind of expected that. Do have fun smiley

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

doubledeviant said:

Just teasing, of course. Barbarian and Destroyer are the greatest sword and sorcery films ever made, imo, but obviously different things appeal to different people.

Conan the Barbarian is one of several early Schwarzenegger movies that is legitimately great. I'll be diplomatic in saying that Destroyer was not a worthy follow-up.

Robert Friese said:

If you want something really bad try the Deathstalker movies

Oh God, I didn't know there was more than one, though I don't know why I'm surprised.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Robert Friese said:

If you want something really bad try the Deathstalker movies

Oh God, I didn't know there was more than one, though I don't know why I'm surprised.

Yep four of'em going from bad to worse.

The best part of them was Barbi Benton, Lana Clarkson, Monique Gabrielle, Toni Naples, and the bloopers scenes at the end of the second one

The stacking discounts are just ruining me...

Is there a limit to Store Credit, like there is for individual gift cards?
    (Asking for a friend, if store credit can be over $500)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    Shopping Tip: If you're building a cart for today's bundle and/or other new releases, don't forget that you can add two new releases from yesterday's Make Everything Move sale for an extra 30% off.

The less expensive items - SPR One Piece Dress and X-Fashion Cutie Lace Lingerie for example - might actually lower the total cost of your cart, depending on what you're buying, tokens used, etc.

doubledeviant said:

Shopping Tip: If you're building a cart for today's bundle and/or other new releases, don't forget that you can add two new releases from yesterday's Make Everything Move sale for an extra 30% off.

The less expensive items - SPR One Piece Dress and X-Fashion Cutie Lace Lingerie for example - might actually lower the total cost of your cart, depending on what you're buying, tokens used, etc.

And if one wishlisted yesterday's new releases, one gets an extra 50% off one item.

Combining the $6 off Daz+ Coupon with today's $15 off DO items, gives one $21 off DO items
    Plus one still gets 30% off gift cards if one has 2 new releases from yesterday's sale in the cart 

Still need to find $5.25 worth to buy to get the cart over $20 and then add another gift card at 30% off blush

Cart020524.PNG
    850 x 1041 - 174K
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876
    edited May 6

PerttiA said:

PerttiA Agreed on the stacking discounts... 

And store credit can be over $500 I believe.

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

I don't believe there is a limit on store credit. A couple of us mods had over a thousand a couple times in our credit from saving them up.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

frank0314 said:

I don't believe there is a limit on store credit. A couple of us mods had over a thousand a couple times in our credit from saving them up.

I think I...err, that is a Roman one...had over $2,000 for a while.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

PerttiA said:

doubledeviant said:

And if one wishlisted yesterday's new releases, one gets an extra 50% off one item.

Combining the $6 off Daz+ Coupon with today's $15 off DO items, gives one $21 off DO items
    Plus one still gets 30% off gift cards if one has 2 new releases from yesterday's sale in the cart 

Still need to find $5.25 worth to buy to get the cart over $20 and then add another gift card at 30% off blush

I'm pretty sure I wishlisted Nirv hair yesterday, but it does not trigger the extra wishlist discount with three new releases from today. No other wishlisted items, so I can't check if it's working on others.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,315

PerttiA said:

Wow, totally different over here, where it's been a drought since my Wishlist Buydown about two weeks ago. I've spent about $60 total in that time and my last tokens expired yesterday ...

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

I must be doing something wrong. I have three dino items in my cart, and I keep trying different DAZ originals that are $15 or less, and they are discounted, but not zeroed out. Do they have to be from a certain group of DAZ originals or of a certain age?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2

maraich said:

I must be doing something wrong. I have three dino items in my cart, and I keep trying different DAZ originals that are $15 or less, and they are discounted, but not zeroed out. Do they have to be from a certain group of DAZ originals or of a certain age?

Are any of the dino items Daz Originals as well? Because if they are, part of the discount is applied to them (as: the discount is spread across all elligble items, so if you have 3 dino releases that are DOs, the $15 will be divided among them, and then when you add another DO, the $15 will be divided among them and the new item).

Edit: the easiest way to check is to check if the prices of your dino items rise after you add the DO. If they did, they had the discount applied to them.

Post edited by joanna on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

maraich said:

What Dino items do you have in your cart? Are they Daz Originals? If so it looks like the $15 may already have been taken off them. 

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

Thank you, that explains it. I didn't realize that the debut items were included in the $15 discount. I appreciate you clearing that up for me. I knew I was missing something.

edited May 2

The dino's are all Daz Originals, so their price gets reduced too with the $15 off.

Back home now and started playing with the cart, upping the number of tokens and currently have the dino items and 3 other DO items at $0.00

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited May 2

maraich said:

Can you show examples of what's in your cart? So far the combinations I have tried worked.

Edit: I see that was sorted.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Man, my spending is way down this year. $143 through the end of April, versus $273 last year and $300 the year before.

Guess we'll see what May brings.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    PerttiA said:

The dino's are all Daz Originals, so their price gets reduced too with the $15 off.

Back home now and started playing with the cart, upping the number of tokens and currently have the dino items and 3 other DO items at $0.00

Do you mind explaining what stacking is great for you today? I understand the 30% discount off on giftcards is great, buy i am not certain what other combos are really good.
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 337
    edited May 2

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

Do you mind explaining what stacking is great for you today? I understand the 30% discount off on giftcards is great, buy i am not certain what other combos are really good.

Put 3 Dino new releases into your cart, including the new bundle. You'll get:

• $15 of free Daz Originals. The new bundle is a Daz Original, so it will potentially drop to free depending on what you do with the rest of your cart/tokens. That will disactivate some other offers, so be sure to add some more Daz Originals to keep the new bundle at at least a dollar if this happens.
    • 35% off the Dino new releases
    • 50% off a wishlist item

If you want, add a Hershel Hoffmeyer item to get another 20% off the new bundle. The good news is you might need to add more free Daz Original stuff if the bundle price drops below $1 again.

Get 30% off your cart by adding two new items from yesterday's Make Everything/Moving sale. This is where the gift card discount comes from 

If you go for a really big cart, may also be worth getting a further 10% off by adding two new releases from Tuesday's Legend of Barsoom/Mars sale.

There's also a flash sale on G9 characters. Up to 82% off those if you go for all the discounts (or 91% off if you stack one of them with your 50% off wishlist sale).

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    edited May 2

WOW!  I did use 8 Tokens, but I was prepared to buy the Ankylosaurus bundle at full price, so imagine my surprise to get it at this crazy price!

Ankylo_Cart_2024-05-02 185621.jpg
    772 x 366 - 41K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,854

Gogger said:

WOW!  I did use 8 Tokens, but I was prepared to buy the Ankylosaurus bundle at full price, so imagine my surprise to get it at this crazy price!

What else is in your cart, though, to drive the price down that far? The cart says 6 items, but we see only 2.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,492

barbult said:

Gogger said:

What else is in your cart, though, to drive the price down that far? The cart says 6 items, but we see only 2.

What is in the cart is at least one other Dino new release, and what isn't in the cart is any other Daz Originals. 30% Daz+ discount, 30% intro discount, 35% discount for 3 or more Dino new releases, and 45% discount for 8 tokens brings it to $17.51. 3 or more Dino new releases gives you $15 in free Daz Originals, which is taken off of the bundle, bringing it down to $2.51.

edited May 3

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

Just pulled the trigger on a cart for $153.91 and with it I got 18 items for $20.05 at 95% off and $191.22 store credit = I got the items for free plus $37.31 free store credit

Order030524a.JPG
    1329 x 649 - 125K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,854
    Thanks for the cart discount description, @Gogger.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited May 3

Yeah, I guess this will do.

ankylocart.PNG
    1412 x 677 - 126K
    Post edited by Gordig on

Did a second cart to collect the remaining bundle items, 5 items for $10.21 at 91% off (without using tokens or coupons)

2ndCart.PNG
    830 x 298 - 39K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    edited May 3

barbult said:

Thanks for the cart discount description, @Gogger.

Sorry everyone, I was actually outside playing in the sunlight! Here is my cart closer to final checkout. (I ended up adding Modern Weapons Collection 2 Poses for Genesis 9 and Brick Factories 1, but they didn't change my bundle price.)

Ankylo_Cart_2024-05-02 185621b.jpg
    1299 x 964 - 164K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

For anyone who wonders Gift card discount from today and "Moving" do not stack :P Would be probably the craziest gift card sale ever if it did :P

This discussion has been closed.