Tomhip said:

PerttiA said:

And, no end in sight to the madness...

It is quite mad lest see

30% off for 2 items form "Moving"

10% off for 2 items from "Mars"

20% off (non daz) with 1 item from "Weekend"

I dont even know what "Dino" does to all of this :D

"Dino" gives $15 off DO and if one has Member coupons, one can get an additional $6 off.

Currently have 31 items in the cart for $50.48 at 93% off with 6 tokens.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84

Tomhip said:

For anyone who wonders Gift card discount from today and "Moving" do not stack :P Would be probably the craziest gift card sale ever if it did :P

Haha! I was about to test it out. Glad that I read your post first. I can't complaint though. I've already got a lot of store credit in the last couple of days thanks to that generous 30% discount offer.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159
    edited May 3

I managed this without tokens:

cheap.jpg
    1340 x 292 - 79K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,855

lou_harper said:

Congratulations, I guess, but that doesn't help others, unless you say what else you bought, whatever coupons you may have used, etc. to get that price. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

I was glad o see a reasonble gift card sale without buyins today. But it is of little use  because to get the higher discounts it takes away tokens. Grrr !!!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Charlie Judge said:

I was glad o see a reasonble gift card sale without buyins today. But it is of little use  because to get the higher discounts it takes away tokens. Grrr !!!

But, one gets bigger discount on the gift card with the "Make everything move" 30% off the whole cart, even with buying 2 of the cheapest "Moving" New Releases

I just put a $200 gift card in my cart and it would give me $60 for free and didn't reduce the number of tokens I was earning from the other items in the cart
    The two "Moving" New Releases are $8.50 together (with 6 tokens) and I have already bought one of them once before.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,159
    edited May 3

barbult said:

lou_harper said:

Congratulations, I guess, but that doesn't help others, unless you say what else you bought, whatever coupons you may have used, etc. to get that price. 

cart.jpg
    1200 x 1756 - 216K
    Post edited by lou_harper on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Managed to resist buying yet another gift card and now it's too late to go to the (local) store to buy a prepaid Mastercard, so I'm saved at least until tomorrow morning blush

Current cart has;
    Two “Weekend” New Releases
    Three “Dino” New Releases
    Two “Moving” New Releases
    The $6 off $18 Coupon
    Six tokens

Cart has 44 items for $60.13 at 94% off (subtotal $926.26)
    Still leaves me about half of the free store credit I got from three previous carts cheeky

Nine items are freebies
    Eight items are Daz+ $1.99 ("Weekend")
    The rest of the items are mostly from "Dino" Featured Artist Stores

Cart030524_1.JPG
    467 x 1022 - 74K
    Cart030524_2.JPG
    470 x 1048 - 74K
    Cart030524_3.JPG
    470 x 1065 - 71K
    Cart030524_4.JPG
    471 x 1049 - 68K
    Cart030524_5.JPG
    468 x 790 - 54K
    Cart030524_6.JPG
    335 x 556 - 30K
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,315

This actually is an attractive gift card offer. Although little of the new stuff in recent days is anything I need, with the new Ultrascenery dropping into the shop at any moment, I think I will take them up on the gift card offer.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited May 3

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

But, one gets bigger discount on the gift card with the "Make everything move" 30% off the whole cart, even with buying 2 of the cheapest "Moving" New Releases

I just put a $200 gift card in my cart and it would give me $60 for free and didn't reduce the number of tokens I was earning from the other items in the cart
    The two "Moving" New Releases are $8.50 together (with 6 tokens) and I have already bought one of them once before.

Yes, I know but that offer is likely to expire before the 20% discount offer. So it would have been nice to have it fixed on a DAZ workday instead of waiting for the weekend when likely there won't be anybody to fix it. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

lou_harper said:

barbult said:

lou_harper said:

Thanks for showing your cart, lou_harper.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

paulawp (marahzen) said:

This actually is an attractive gift card offer. Although little of the new stuff in recent days is anything I need, with the new Ultrascenery dropping into the shop at any moment, I think I will take them up on the gift card offer.

It's probably a little sad that I still haven't figured out how to get the Ultrascenery packs I *have* to make what I want them to, and I was still perked at learning there was a new one dropping. 

Ah well. Probably by the time I manage to figure out what I've got, the new one will have a good sale.

SilverGirl said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

It's probably a little sad that I still haven't figured out how to get the Ultrascenery packs I *have* to make what I want them to, and I was still perked at learning there was a new one dropping. 

Ah well. Probably by the time I manage to figure out what I've got, the new one will have a good sale.

You will still be able to use the ecologies and features you already own in the new UltraScenery2 if you want to.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

barbult said:

SilverGirl said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

You will still be able to use the ecologies and features you already own in the new UltraScenery2 if you want to.

Oh whew... I spent probably way too much on all that considering I haven't been able to actually render anything with it yet (probably my issue, I am not super tech savvy). Hoping the new version is a little easier to set things up.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,900
    edited May 4

Another AI generated banner. Was curious where I could get that top, then I noticed the "writing" on his neck.

I suppose now that DAZ AI Studio exists there's even a kind of justification for this. Still... I don't love this.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-05-04 um 10.53.40.png
    1434 x 740 - 1M
    Post edited by Hylas on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

the sales make you crazy. buy 5 or 10 for 1.99...with purchase of a new item over a dollar...but it cant be a daz+ item for the buy in item. Get wish list items 50% off, but they cant be newer than 6 months. on and on. DAZ also needs to make the exclusionary text larger if its so damn complicated all the time. The banner ads always seem so inviting for the sales but when you read that fine print its not that great, unless you're spending a whole lot of cash. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Hylas said:

Another AI generated banner. Was curious where I could get that top, then I noticed the "writing" on his neck.

I suppose now that DAZ AI Studio exists there's even a kind of justification for this. Still... I don't love this.

Me no likey. AI enhancement is one thing, but this is daz3D. I have no expectations that this will cease. It's been fun. "Good-bye to you, my faithless friend..."

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

daveso said:

the sales make you crazy. 

There is no reason to repeat that which you know so well. It's okay to say "not today."  

xyer0 said:

Me no likey. AI enhancement is one thing, but this is daz3D. I have no expectations that this will cease. It's been fun. "Good-bye to you, my faithless friend..."

It's the way of things. AI services are also listed as alternatives to DS.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

Hylas said:

Promo images are often gallery images, so the people picking them may not realise it was AI - especially if it was a good enough image for you to want the shirt.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

the sales make you crazy. 

There is no reason to repeat that which you know so well. It's okay to say "not today."  

or even nothing - Daz isn't going to trawl forum threads for opinions when they get direct feedback from sales, though we can mention general themes to them.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,099

Hylas said:

The picture was made using AI with a Daz Studio render as a starting poing, using one of the recently released Just Dance poses:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/684796/released-faber-inc-just-dance-poses-for-genesis-9-and-8-commercial

edited May 4

Richard Haseltine said:

or even nothing - Daz isn't going to trawl forum threads for opinions when they get direct feedback from sales, though we can mention general themes to them.

True. Half the fun of forums is actually saying something, sometimes even when nothing needs to be said. cheeky 

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

Richard Haseltine said:

True. Half the fun of forums is actually saying something, sometimes even when nothing needs to be said. cheeky 

there's a quote from some sage person stating that silence is acceptance.  

You can only really speak  by not purchasing, if they only look at sales figures.

edited May 4

However, my cart showing some pretty decent savings. I have 24 items in my cart, a bunch of them are older than dirt free items, that actually look like a couple of them will be usable though. Then, with that dino deal a few days ago, I have 3 DO items that come out to zero somehow or another, none of which I need or will probably use, but free is free. One never kinows when you might need something. The wishist thing today is actually decent, however the choices today for new product for the buy-in are again nothing I need, but for for $7.88, a Colm Jackson character,  I have 5 wishlist items for under $2.35 each. $141.95 value for $9.87 + the 7.88 buy-in item. Then somewhere in there I bought two items that give 30% off the entire cart, and used my $6 DAZ+ coupon. Wow - pretty nuts, it is, but hey, nothing better than DAZ math on a Saturday morning over coffee. I bet I'm missing a way to get even more off. 

How can I show that long cart as an image here? 

savings.jpg
    730 x 630 - 111K
    Post edited by daveso on

barbult said:

You can only really speak  by not purchasing, if they only look at sales figures.

I guess I'm truly speaking today. surprise

Torquinox said:

barbult said:

I guess I'm truly speaking today. surprise

My cart is empty today, too. But I did buy yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.