There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• NathraiNathrai Posts: 67

I was afraid there would be a huge May the 4th sale with new products, but thankfully I was spared ... cheeky

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited May 5

Nathrai said:

I was afraid there would be a huge May the 4th sale with new products, but thankfully I was spared ... cheeky

well, the recent Editorial Licensed SciFi stuff addons disappeared so if they had something ready it was likely canned pre-emptively

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • NathraiNathrai Posts: 67

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well, the recent Editorial Licensed SciFi stuff addons disappeared so if they had something ready it was likely canned pre-emptively

Oh, didn't even realise that was taken down, I thought they simply stopped advertising to more prominently display the tokens and lightning deals instead.

I was more like expecting something very losely inspired by SW for today (Disney isn't exactly forgiving when it comes to copying their cash cows), but if they actually went the direct fanart route it would make sense if it was canned, if they ran into problems with the ST stuff.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Nothing special for Cinco de Mayo this year ???

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

well, i ended up dumping my really stacked savings cart ... today the deals not as good, so I'm good

and those damn cookie pops are up again. was good for 2 days. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

daveso said:

well, i ended up dumping my really stacked savings cart ... today the deals not as good, so I'm good

Actually there are some really great deals with the two wishlist sales. 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

daveso said:

Actually there are some really great deals with the two wishlist sales. 

If you play the dinosaur and 2x wish list together right with 5 items from your wish list you can easily manage a 93% or greater discount on your total cart IF there is gen 9 DA stuff you don't have that you want still.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,855

What does "DA stuff" mean? Is that DO or PA or something else?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

barbult said:

could be DAZ stuff too if a typo devil

or Design Anvil 

barbult said:

Sorry it was a typo. Was supposed to be DO. Spent $190 today and just added 15 more gen 9 Pro and mega bundles to my collection along with a bunch of other stuff. Was a good shopping day.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited May 6

Today's Bundle-Love combined with the wishlist sales gives pretty crazy discounts... (7 tokens in use)

BundleLove.JPG
    530 x 393 - 38K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • stelaristelari Posts: 80

Thanks for pointing that out - I wasn't going to bother with the sales today, but couldn't pass up $4.36 for the modern military uniform bundle (with a couple of new/newish releases & 8 tokens).

Screenshot 2024-05-06 203459.png
    1106 x 1170 - 258K

what the Bundle Love. I don't see that

edited May 7
    Today's special also stacks pretty nicely with the 2x wishlist specials on some DO bundles. I am tempted to pick up Angela mega bundle, Mira pro bundle, Mercilus pro bundle, Walter pro bundle, and Kiri pro bundle today all for under $40. I would need to find something first for about $1.50 to round it out to $40 for the extra tokens.
    Post edited by XiousDs on

is there a way to find products that only cost a particular price, for example, products that cost $12 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

Not to my knowledge. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,855

daveso said:

is there a way to find products that only cost a particular price, for example, products that cost $12 

You have to sort  by price and scroll forever or jump to other pages by guessing where the price might be around that range.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

Hey all, the flash sale sweet-spring right now is pretty nice, reduces any DO over 12 dollars by 10. With two tokens, I thus got Death 9 for 2.18. But hurry, it's only up for a few hours, don't know how much longer. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

I would defenitly like to have that kind of filter option. I utalize it on most shopping sites. 

edited May 8

daveso said:

Go to https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals

Sort the list "Price High-Low"
    Go to page 5
    Edit the page number in the URL to a larger figure, something like 30 and see what prices you get.
    If you were not seeing prices close to $12, edit the page number again.

PageNo.JPG
    683 x 291 - 35K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 723

Very cool that the sweet-spring code works on newer stuff too!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

Go to page 5
    Edit the page number in the URL to a larger figure, something like 30 and see what prices you get.

The snag with this system is you might miss some of the best deals where items drop in price only after they are added to the cart.

I looked at DOs in the 70% off Build Your Own Fast Grab banner. The 70% off 1 item only gets applied when it is added to the cart.

I got this bundle https://www.daz3d.com/kei-hd-for-genesis-9-lingerie-mini-bundle at 96% off for $2.30 with 1 token and the coupon (3.18 without the token). That works out at 50 cents an item.

Not sure what I will do with the lingerie items, but the Mousso character and poses will come in handy.

Havos said:

The snag with this system is you might miss some of the best deals where items drop in price only after they are added to the cart.

Yeah, but the question was "is there a way to find products that only cost a particular price"...

I tried combining it with the remaining other sales, and found out that it does work also with items that get stacked discounts where the price in the cart goes under $12, but couldn't find a combination that I was happy with and bought "Mama Legba Bundle" on her own for $2.87 just for the jacket.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 387
    edited May 8

I ignored that sale and placed an unrelated order, and not until reading this thread did it occur to me I could go find a daz-o that cost just a teensy bit over $12 that I wanted. Most of the ones in that range are G3 stuff but that was fine with me; got a useful i13 poses pack for 2.57. Thanks, folks!

EDIT: With less than half an hour to spare, I might add.

Post edited by columbine on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,315

I used the sweet-spring sale to pick up a recently released hair I meant to check out.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

Havos said:

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

Go to page 5

I looked at DOs in the 70% off Build Your Own Fast Grab banner. The 70% off 1 item only gets applied when it is added to the cart.

I got this bundle https://www.daz3d.com/kei-hd-for-genesis-9-lingerie-mini-bundle at 96% off for $2.30 with 1 token and the coupon (3.18 without the token). That works out at 50 cents an item.

Not sure what I will do with the lingerie items, but the Mousso character and poses will come in handy.

Thank you, the Kei Mini Bundle was a great tip! 

• There used to be an option to select price points (like <$10, $10-30, etc.) but it disappeared years ago after the first shop software switch. So now I use PerttiA's method which is still time-consuming but a lot better than scrolling forever.

PerttiA said:

daveso said:

Go to page 5

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Where is PerttiA finding out another amazing combo deal that i somehow missed??

Seriously though, have 6 tokens running out today but cannot clobber anything worthwile for myself. Sadly all the wishlist combos are gone :(

Tomhip said:

Where is PerttiA finding out another amazing combo deal that i somehow missed??

Sorry, the stars didn't line up today, tried pretty much everything.
    One can get individual items for 92% off after putting enough debut new items from different offers in the cart, but to get 90% off the whole cart required getting into $100+ range and still the cart felt kind of boring...

This discussion has been closed.