Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,032
    edited September 2023

Horo -  outstanding landscape, awesome lighting. I remember seeing the 2nd one before, it's nicely done too.

Hansmar - very realistic winter landscape, not boring at all, the lighting is perfect.

NGartplay - a very nice underwater scene, yes gels do add an additional dimension to underwater scenes.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

NGartplay said:

I think that this should have been your 3rd entry.  It's beautiful.

Hansmar said:

Mermaid, Thanks. Very good result with your caustic effects. Could/should have been your third entry.

I'm convinced and will make this my third entry. 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,156

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice snowy mountain.

NGartplay - thank you. Sorry the caustics didn't work for you. Very nice scene nevertheless.

mermaid - thank you. Yes, I showed the very old second one only because of the cloud.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,112

Horo : excellent terrain render, great materials and sky. The second one is looking like a photo, both are very well done.

Hansmar : Very different 'simple' terrain, beautiful snowy landscape. Thanks for your comment.

NGartplay : wonderful scene, not boring at all.

edited September 2023

Thank you adbc.

This is actually the same setup like "quite a bit above" on top of page 99 of part 11 (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/351546/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-11/p99) only the object was exchanged with the one shown here on the previous page with the anaglyph.

Soft Icosahedra

SoftIcosahedra.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 127K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wonderful render Horo, thanks for referring to your previous render and the pdf.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,860

Horo, easy to see the roses now.  What a cool object...so pretty.

mermaid, I couldn't get the gel to work on the light.  No matter what I did.

NGartplay -  I also had problems getting the effect, but it's easier now because I have David and Horo's product ... Under the Waves. Your image is beautiful despite the lack of gel effect.

Thank you mermaid and NGartplay.

Horo : beautiful detailed object, nice setup.

• NGartplay said:

I tried another caustics image, following a Brinnen video, but nothing I did with lights affected the scene.  I worked for an hour with the newer parallel light...nothing.  Added a sphere light...nothing....so I gave up.  Pretty boring without the lights to give it dimension.

Well if you want to post me the file and tell me which video you were following, I can have a go at diagnosing the problem.  Often it is something innocuous, like a render setting or a mapping option within the light sources.

Thank you adbc.

Hey David, nice to see you here.

edited September 2023

David to the rescue, nice to see you here, come around more often.

edited September 2023

Another abstract done in Bryce 3D using the method described by David Brinnen here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53147/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-9/p48;

the object is the globe plant from NGartplay and the lighting from the terrain stacking product.

hypermirror-globeplant.jpg
    600 x 600 - 185K

David, thank you.  Just saw this.  I'm leaving but will be back later.  I'll send the file, thanks.

mermaid, I love the shiny silver look of this and the plant spheres...are those from me?  if so, they never looked better.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764
    edited September 2023

Horo, nice new abstract rose.

NGartplay, David, great that David is still (sometimes) following the discussions. Hope he can help. I wonder whether it is the ambience color perhaps, because it looks like I see the texture of the caustic approach, but with a darker instead of lighter colour.

Mermaid, lovely shiny render.

NGartplay, Horo, mermaid, adbc: thank you.

Here an already older render (couple of weeks) that I forgot to show, so far. A dinausaur cornered by a dragon and a dog in self-made landscape with some trees and plants (instanced several times).

cornered.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 808K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • NGartplay said:

David, thank you.  Just saw this.  I'm leaving but will be back later.  I'll send the file, thanks.

mermaid, I love the shiny silver look of this and the plant spheres...are those from me?  if so, they never looked better.

Well if I can pick it apart I will.  Email is mail(at)davidbrinnen(dot)co(dot)uk  I am mostly kept busy working to make ends meet.  Don't forget to put a link in for the video you were following, there are a few ways this effect might be achieved, and it would help to know which approach you were following.  And when I am not doing that I am listening to audiobooks and mucking around with A.I.s

edited September 2023

Ok, thanks David.  This is the YouTube video title:   Bryce light gel underwater effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

The Bryce file is 9.15 MB.  I don't have Dropbox anymore so I'll try an email.

Hansmar, nice caustics on your water and great composition.

mermaid, I can't find 'under the waves' product.  What is Horo and David's vendor name when they work together?

Post edited by NGartplay on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

For all Bryce lovers: there are major savings on Bryce items in the shop now! Some are 80% (or more) off! Take a chance to get some stuff by David B, Horo or others for hardly any money!

David, don't spend too much time on my file.  If you can give me an idea of what I did wrong or why the sphere light doesn't work, that is enough.  thanks.

• First of all, congratulations for the renders shown, the variety of creations and styles is great.

Thanks, Hansmar, for the information about the discounts, I just bought some and I'll have fun with them over the weekend.

edited September 2023

NGartplay - thanks for the comment ...are those from me? Yes I mentioned that in the comment. Regarding the product sorry it's http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-environments-beneath-the-waves hope you can still get it at the sale price.

Hansmar - very nice sci-fi scene, I also like the water effect. Thanks for the comment and mentioning the sale, I bought a few products and I exhausted my prize monies left only with 30 centslaugh

Thanks Teobaldo

mermaid - very cool abstract, thank you for the link back to David's interesting post.

Hansmar - thank you. Very nice dino and dragon scene.

Thank you Teobaldo.

mermaid : awesome shiny render.

Hansmar : wonderful image with the dino and the dragon, love the caustic effect on the water. Thanks you for mentioning the sale.

Teobaldo : thank you.

edited September 2023

Thanks Horo and Adbc

edited September 2023

One terrain from Environment-Inclement Weather, two terrains from HRT-4 and two self made ones. The materials are from HRT-1 and Vegetation. A Bryce tree and Michael 4. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HRT-4 and the key light by the sun.

Hazy Sight

HazySight.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 214K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow Horo another superb realistic scene, beautifully done.

Thank you mermaid.

Horo, love that you took the time to put a figure in the scene.  Makes it so interesting and gives the image a story.  Great job.