Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 13

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,157
    edited April 27

Inspired by mermaid and adbc with their abstracts, I gave it a try, too. The camera is within two cubes with indented faces, the outer one is a bit bigger than the inner one and rotated in all three axes by 45°. Both have the same material, Reflection and Transparency, the Refractions are different, outer 0.75 (75) and inner none (0). Light and colour by the "Rainbow3_LLx2" HDRI (unpublished) from outside but with negative HDRI Effect (light) to enhace the contrast..

Random Coloured

RandomColoured.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 374K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,033
    edited April 27

Beautiful abstract Horo nice subtle colors

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Thank you mermaid.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,112

Horo : beautiful abstract, great colours.

Thank you adbc.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,860

Colors are amazing Horo.  I love it when other artists inspire people to try something new.  Well done.

Thank you NGartplay.

edited April 29

Five terrains from High Resolution Terrains 2 (HRT-2) with materials from HRT-1, HRT-3, Gritstone Hills and Grand Mountains. The water is from HRT-4 and the grass in the foreground is a Bryce tree with my own material. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Sunless HDRI Skies and the key light by the sun.

Lakes on Lowlands

LakesInLowlands.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 162K
    Post edited by Horo on

It looks like a painting, Horo.  Beautiful.

Wow beautiful scene Horo superbly done.

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

edited April 29

My abstracts all look alike, but I like them.  I think that's what matters?  I like the one material that I always use.  I'd like to learn to make different versions of it.

I call the second one 'alien olives in a sandy tomb'

2play-ab-4.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 161K
    2play-ab-1A.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 171K
    Post edited by NGartplay on

NGartplay - a bit like a huge eye, both abstracts look beautiful.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764
    edited April 30

Horo, Great landscape on page 35 with well-fitting materials and sky. The objects on page 36 are well-presented. Your first scene on page 36 has a great terrain with good stony/sandy texture and tells a story with the building in there. I never experienced this weird loop-effect, luckily. Very good very large terrain in the next one, though I find it a bit bumpy for my liking. Water works very well. And the abstract on page 37 is very different from Mermaid’s and adbc’s versions, but still very beautiful. I like the psychedelic colours. Fantastic terrain on page 37 with great use of the HDRI sky and great textures. Very realistic.

Mermaid, very creative and lovely ‘2D’ render on page 35. The renders on page 36 are also very nice, but here we can see more 3D.

Teobaldo, That is a very good space render. It will do very well as a book cover. And thanks for your comments.

Adbc, your variant on Mermaids approach sucks us right into the scene and is slightly dizzying; very good!

NGartplay, no problem that you make variants of the same abstract. This is one of my strategies too. And they look wonderful, so keep going like this.

I made a couple of variations om my earlier spirals abstracts.

spirals3C.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 534K
    spirals2c.jpg
    659 x 659 - 337K
    spirals2g.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 897K
    spirals3e.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 991K
    spirals3d.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 542K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - thank you, you went back two pages, that is great. Five very nice spiral abstracts, the third one is my favorite.

Horo : Impressive landscape, like a photo, the grass in the foreground looks very good.

NGartplay :Wow, two gorgeous abstracts with great colours.

Hansmar : thank you. Five beautiful abstracts, no preference, love them all.

NGartplay - two beautiful abstract, yes the greenish one is also one of my fav materials.

Hansmar - thanks, five superb spiral abstracts, all are great.

Thank you adbc.

Hansmar, very impressive spirals.  Is that a camera trick or is it a spiral object?  Also, did you use perspective view for all of them?  I like them all but the colors in the 3rd are beautiful.  Love the spirals in the second and the fourth just explodes.

edited May 3

The terrain is from HRT-2 with materials assembled from HRT-1, HRT-3 and Gritstone Hills". Sky and ambient light by the CloudSphere9 with the belonging HDRI from the Sky Toolbox and the key light by the sun. Below the anaglyph.

Stepped Hills

Stepped Hills Anaglyph

SteppedHills.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 270K
    SteppedHillsAna.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 327K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow Horo a beautiful landscape, the anaglyph is superb.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Horo, Mermaid, adbc, NGartplay, Thanks. They are spiral objects someone introduced pages ago (I think).

Fantastic terrain render, Horo.

Fantastic anaglyph, Horo.  I have 4 pair of 3D glasses and I just found that the pair on the very bottom are the best.  They make that plateau on the right really jump out.

• TeobaldoTeobaldo Posts: 26
    edited May 4

Horo: At this point I have come to think that in your free time you are a painter who uploads photographs of his paintings. Congratulations.

adbc: The combination of cube and sphere is very good, it is like a surreal painting.

NGartplay: Beautiful abstracts, they demonstrate Bryce's fabulous reflexes very well.

Hansmar: Interdimensional spirals for all tastes, the fourth gave me the impression of being taken from an Anime, well done.

Now I join surrealism and place a variation that I made from a tutorial and a little psychedelia:

Post edited by Teobaldo on

Thank you mermaid, Hansmar and NGartplay.

Teobaldo - thank you. Two very nice images, interesting patterns on the second.

Horo : great landscape and anaglyph.

Teobaldo : Thanks. Two fascinating renders, great abstract for the first one, the second is somehow very special.

Thank you adbc.

Teo, I, of course, love the first because I'm addicted to shiny Bryce balls.  The second is very cool as it looks like a relief.  Wonderful effect that you achieved.

Teobaldo two cool abstracts, each charming in their own way.

edited May 5

The terrain is from Terrain Stacking with a material assembled from High Resolution Terrains 2 and Gritstone Hills. The water has my material. Sky and ambient light by a CloudSphere with the belonging HDRI and the key light by the sun.

Dark Pond in Vale

DarkPondInVale.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 211K
    Post edited by Horo on