Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

@ David... would be cool if this someone would create into a real cthulu statue...
    @ Horo.... Nice dragon effect in first pic...
    @ Rashad... thnx for your nice words

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited September 2012

Thanks Horo, Rashad, and @tlantis.

Post edited by StuartB on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Found this super racer model in an old CD. Was looking for a theme to set it in, and ‘pop’, just happened upon a book on the pyramids. Had to ungroup it to modify the front wheels for ‘twist’, and included tyre tracks, dust, and rubble for additional effects. Will have to look through other CDs – I’m sure there are mod’s to be discovered :)
    Title: "Racing the Pharaoh"

Jay

Racer.jpg
    1720 x 1563 - 2M
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Continuing playing with placing stuff amongst volumetric clouds.

Mountain-Plane.jpg
    458 x 604 - 174K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

This is one of the first ones I tried when I knew next to nothing about Bryce. Now that I know a bit more I'm thinking about revisiting many of my earlier ones and add to or redo them.

I call the image The Backside of the Three Brothers.

Backside_of_The_Three_Brothers.jpg
    1280 x 749 - 159K
  • AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited September 2012

Sunda Strait : 1883

4 Terrains to create island
    4 terrains to create volcano 2 of them with fiery material to create lava effect
    200 stones mixed with fire and glow material
    20 gras3 objects with fire material to create spurting lava
    4 sphere's with volume clouds material to create smoke
    1 big sphere with cosmic volume to create hazy / smoke effect
    1 Ranged light

krakatoa.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 483K
    Post edited by Atlantis on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,306
    edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - very nice speed cars. Just a bit too clean considering the environment. Good work nevertheless.

edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - the mountain looks very nice. The contrails are one of the best I've seen. But - they ought to dissolve more in the distance when the get "older". But this is a small quibble.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    This is one of the first ones I tried when I knew next to nothing about Bryce. Now that I know a bit more I'm thinking about revisiting many of my earlier ones and add to or redo them.

It is a good idea to take old scenes and see how they can be yet improved.
    edited December 1969

@@tlantis - great render. Great idea about the grass objects with fire material to create spurting lava. I also like how the rocks are hurled into the sky by the violent eruption. This could well be a painting of a gifted passenger on the ship witnessing and recording this event.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @@tlantis - great render. Great idea about the grass objects with fire material to create spurting lava. I also like how the rocks are hurled into the sky by the violent eruption. This could well be a painting of a gifted passenger on the ship witnessing and recording this event.

I agree - just super

edited September 2012

@Horo Many thanks ;)

"too clean"

Yep, agree! Wanted to include some out-of-focus dirt spatters onto the viewer's (computer) screen too, as well as some after-image-effects of the cars' movement. But, alas! I'm new to this whole model area, and would love to be able to create such quality.

OT: The license doesn't require mention of the modelllers, but credit anyway should be given to Amazing 3D Graphics Inc. (CD accompanied 3D World magagazine, Feb 2008 issue, in case anyone is interested). I have no affiliation or connection to both.

Cheers
    Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @TheSavage64 - the mountain looks very nice. The contrails are one of the best I've seen. But - they ought to dissolve more in the distance when the get "older". But this is a small quibble.

Thanks Horo...

The main problem with the contrails is that the plane has propellers. I didn't have a jet plane model handy. :red:
    I did wonder about using a cone to see if I could make the trails look as if they were spreading out like the ones you get that turn into little streams of thin cloud as opposed to the ones that disappear. I may look at it again today. :)

As it is, they are just stretched out cylinders with a standard volumetric cloud material added (Soft Cumulus 1) and the density reduced in the ME (from 100 down to 91) and set to map in object space.

edited December 1969

Elongated cones are probably the way to go. Here is an old try from me http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=1315 that employs a cone. I still think your contrail is better. I particularly like that there are two because the plane is at lower altitude than mine.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

Maybe he's a conspiracist and those are Chem Trails rather then Con Trails? :)

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@ @tlantis: Great job, would not want to be there. Sooo...when does your book come out? ;-)

@TheSavage: I like the look, even the contrails.

edited September 2012

What have I been doing with Bryce today?

I've been making Allsorts.

AllsortsBIG.jpg
    800 x 600 - 158K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

Looks very nice. Good use of DOF.

edited December 1969

Nice image TheSavage64, I hope they're Bassett's.

edited December 1969

I just love the jelly ones (e.g. blue one in image) - both in Savages's render, and eat-wise :)

Jay

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Looks very nice. Good use of DOF.

There is one anomaly though that I couldn't fix.
    The Blue sweet on the right has a definite solid line where the shadow is. I tried everything I could think of to get this line to smooth out into shadow but nothing worked.
    It really needs a better material creating for it anyway though, it was late last night and I was getting to the point where whatever was close enough was good enough. :)

Nice image TheSavage64, I hope they're Bassett's.

I think for legal reasons I'd have to say they were 'generic liquorice and fondant based confectionery', ;-)
    But of course, I'm a Yorkshireman so as far as I'm concerned, there really is only one brand. :-)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Even for we southerners, and even Welsh (adopted or otherwise) there is only one brand.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

"Haribo macht Kinder froh und Erwachsene ebenso"
    I like the pink squares best. :)

edited September 2012

Kerya said:
    Oh I'm a big fan of Starmix and several other Haribo jelly based confectionery too. :)

As much as I love Liquorice Allsorts, my favourite is the solid liquorice one. :-)

Edited to add picture of my kitchen shelves. :coolgrin:

Clowns-Sweet-Shop.jpg
    640 x 480 - 54K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

I think for legal reasons I’d have to say they were ‘generic liquorice and fondant based confectionery’,
    But of course, I’m a Yorkshireman so as far as I’m concerned, there really is only one brand.

Just wondered cos that's my surname.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Oh I'm a big fan of Starmix and several other Haribo jelly based confectionery too. :)

As much as I love Liquorice Allsorts, my favourite is the solid liquorice one. :-)

Well, as for only Liquorice ... do you know the Liquorice wheels (called snails in german)? Njam. :)
    Let's say you really got a yummy render here. ;)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Well, as for only Liquorice ... do you know the Liquorice wheels (called snails in german)? Njam. :)
    The "Wheels" we get in the UK are a long liquorice bootlace wound around one of those blue jelly ones, are those what you mean?... they are very nice.

Sweet of you to say so. :-)
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    The "Wheels" we get in the UK are a long liquorice bootlace wound around one of those blue jelly ones, are those what you mean?... they are very nice.

Sweet of you to say so. :-)

No, it's pure liquorice:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CNwQBpRZQmM/TcWtMe560OI/AAAAAAAAAAQ/EgTHjXG8HHI/s1600/uh65861%2C1284489652%2Clakritz_schnecke.gif
    or
    http://www.myfitmix.de/corporate/uploads/RTEmagicC_Lakritzschnecken.jpg.jpg

And ROTFL for the Sweet

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Dave, I am glad to see you keep so many essential food products in your kitchen :coolsmirk: Tell me, the jar next to the allsorts, what is in there. Is it indeed raspberry ruflles, if so they woulld be fun to render (as well as snack on)

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Dave clearly has an unusual level of will power and self restraint. Such things would not survive in my house.

This discussion has been closed.