Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,290
    edited December 1969

She's looking at a picture of the Houses of Parliament in London, photographed in 1971 - or rather at the plant obscuring it.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Plausible lighting setup? Don't ask about the render time... a couple of hours at least. But as a proof of concept, what do you think of the quality of light?

could use some more work for me .
    maybe its the model .

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Plausible lighting setup? Don't ask about the render time... a couple of hours at least. But as a proof of concept, what do you think of the quality of light?

The only thing that looks a bit off to me is the lower half of the metal sleeve at the top. Every lighter I've seen that metal sleave is mirror smooth the whole length. Then again I've not seen every lighter in the world. The finish on the plastic part looks great even appears a little dirty from use.

• dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited September 2012
    15.jpg
    640 x 400 - 112K
    Post edited by dwsel on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the feedback folks, much appreciated. It's good to have a fresh pair of eyes look over things. The experiments continue.

Wonderful light dwsel_! Very nice.

• goofygrapegoofygrape Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

LordHardDriven
    Posted: 19 September 2012 01:59 AM [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 1044 ]

Total Posts: 319
    Joined 2003-10-09
    goofygrape - 18 September 2012 03:44 PM
    WIP
    First try at layers as in the name 9
    I did not make the gazebo but did the painting and everything else.
    I am not very good at tooting my own horn so bear with me

BigJohn

Looks good so far, the only thing I would change is to make the grass a slightly darker shade of green.
    The grass is going to be toned down,it is the yellow flowers just to much,I knew it when rendering should of fixed it.
    thanks

edited December 1969

Another one for your critical considerations. This one following the route described in last tutorial.

Vpart2_adv1_in_pict_in_off.jpg
    1244 x 700 - 376K
  • canyonmanterrycanyonmanterry Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

My "Close Encounter" ploy But? It,s still needs some work on it. Being that I,m still learning the ropes. I read and see the work on this thread it,s a great source for how to and inspirations. I used 2 space craft domes and anouther craft part. Used the Yo,Yo in the Geo Premium for the glass shell. I have some trouble with lighting, But I will work on that. Thanks for any input TERRY P.S. I put in the wrong render. here,s the one I like show. 1. first version 2. last version

spacecraft1_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 226K
    spacecraft6_(640x323).jpg
    640 x 323 - 153K
    Post edited by canyonmanterry on
  • astu11astu11 Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Hi Brycers!

Been watching the forum recently but have never posted, so just thought I'd share some stuff. The first image is straight out of Bryce; it's pretty simple but I was happy with how it came out.

I mainly work with Maya though, and even though I know this is a "Bryce render" thread, I thought it'd be cool to show how easy and useful it is to utilize Bryce's tools alongside other 3D packages. So with the second image, the terrain was generated using Bryce and exported as an .obj (I think at about 600,000 polys - detail was really great). The rest was done in Maya, but like I said it's still fun to show how useful Bryce can be!

I still think the mountains in the second image are a bit blue, but nothing is finalized! And yeah, I have a thing for a good snowy scene.

MistyMtsTest.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 430K
    HothBryce4.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by astu11 on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@David: Very interesting as usual. That dragon keeps amazing me.

@canyonmanterry: I personally like the canyon/mountain. Though if the sun is coming in from the top right, the far right would be a bit brighter. Unless there's a taller hill blocking much of the sun.

@astu11: That first render looks just like pictures I've seen of people on expeditions to the south pole. The second like a shot from a plane. I think both are very nice.

edited December 1969

dwsel_ said:

The Utah Teapot is nicely lit. Interesting material on it.
    edited December 1969

Another one for your critical considerations. This one following the route described in last tutorial.

Looking good. Since the main light source is above the dragon and the other lights contribute less, I would expect the shadow under the belly a bit more pronounced. On the other hand, the shadow below the claws seem a bit dark to look natural.
    edited December 1969

@canyonmanterry - good start.

edited December 1969

@astu11 - I agree with GussNemo for the top image, like on the south pole. Simple but very nice. Good example of a Bryce terrain, looks like a famous mountain in this country. The clouds look a bit like cotton. It may be the light.

edited December 1969

Thank you for the prompt feedback. OK here's another one. The render time here is under 5 minutes. The dragon is in default grey to offer a reference for the lighting situation. Horo's HDRI backdrop of course.

Kitchen_rtr_rrp64_v1.jpg
    700 x 525 - 188K
    edited December 1969

This is great. The shadows look natural. I'd say this is a true RNL (render with natural light). The kettle looks particularly good.

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, OK how about this one. Again another five minute render. I can adjust for sun shadow intensity, softness, ambient shadow intensity, ambient light v sunlight. Colour adjustment is determined by the TA response to the ground and object. So that much is beyond my control. Your reckonings?

Roof_rtr_rrp64_v1.jpg
    700 x 525 - 157K
  • edited December 1969

This was my pride and joy from my old, recently deceased Bryce 6. This thing pushed my last computer to the brink and it blew up later. I don't think it was Bryce that did it, but it certainly took a hell of a long time to render - about six hours all told.

If it's not clear what it is, it's an ejection seat in a swamp :D

Ejection02.jpg
    1536 x 1152 - 434K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Horo, OK how about this one. Again another five minute render. I can adjust for sun shadow intensity, softness, ambient shadow intensity, ambient light v sunlight. Colour adjustment is determined by the TA response to the ground and object. So that much is beyond my control. Your reckonings?

David it's about time you bought that poor girl a new outfit, We females do like variety in our clothes you know. LOL
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

David it's about time you bought that poor girl a new outfit, We females do like variety in our clothes you know. LOL

Free is fine too:
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=wilmap
    ;)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:

Free is fine too:
    ;)

It's not the lack of clothes it is the lack of skill. I am such a numpty when it comes to DS, stabbing repeatedly at "send to Bryce" while beating the keyboard with my forehead in sheer frustration - is about my level. I struggle to pick clothes for myself - which you would soon recognise if you saw the shabby way I dress in faded t-shirts and cut down jeans that I have rescued from someone else's recycling. The only thing I am wearing now that I bought myself - bar underclothes - is my cargo pants with the many pockets - the rest is scavenged goods. With a women, even a digital one, I would not know where to begin. I'd just render her nude - so much simpler - if it wasn't to save upsetting any younger viewers.

edited December 1969

This was my pride and joy from my old, recently deceased Bryce 6. This thing pushed my last computer to the brink and it blew up later. I don't think it was Bryce that did it, but it certainly took a hell of a long time to render - about six hours all told.

If it's not clear what it is, it's an ejection seat in a swamp :D

Looks more like a seat that goes on an elephant. Well, six hours is not that long. There are swift renders, of course, but I'm happy with 18 hours and I've also waited for 5 days. Why work for days on a scene and then get impatient for rendering?
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:

Free is fine too:
    ;)

It's not the lack of clothes it is the lack of skill. I am such a numpty when it comes to DS, stabbing repeatedly at "send to Bryce" while beating the keyboard with my forehead in sheer frustration - is about my level. I struggle to pick clothes for myself - which you would soon recognise if you saw the shabby way I dress in faded t-shirts and cut down jeans that I have rescued from someone else's recycling. The only thing I am wearing now that I bought myself - bar underclothes - is my cargo pants with the many pockets - the rest is scavenged goods. With a women, even a digital one, I would not know where to begin. I'd just render her nude - so much simpler - if it wasn't to save upsetting any younger viewers.

Especially as I don't think we've got a nudity tag at the moment.
    P.S. Maybe you shouldn't stab repeatedly at "send to Bryce" while beating the keyboard with your forehead. I am sure you are giving your poor computer mixed orders with hitting all those keys at once.
    Poor baby!
    ;)

edited December 1969

I like the light and shadow intensity.
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Kerya said:
    chohole said:

Free is fine too:
    ;)

Especially as I don't think we've got a nudity tag at the moment.
    P.S. Maybe you shouldn't stab repeatedly at "send to Bryce" while beating the keyboard with your forehead. I am sure you are giving your poor computer mixed orders with hitting all those keys at once.
    Poor baby!
    ;)

Really? I thought that was SOP (Standard Operating Procedure).

OK I needed to eat - it happens occasionally. This one in 15 minutes, 144 RPP and slighter higher resolution. Comments on the lighting environment welcomed. The Stanford Dragon xyzrgb is mid grey and the Trans Am is from Turbo Squid. Again Horo's HDRI.

Roof_lower_rtr_rrp144_v1.jpg
    1133 x 850 - 386K
    edited December 1969

The lighting looks great!
    The only problem I would see if it were meant to be a render: the surrounding parking area/shrubbery is blurred while the car and dragon are not.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

the lighting still doesn't work for me - sorry

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    The lighting looks great!
    The only problem I would see if it were meant to be a render: the surrounding parking area/shrubbery is blurred while the car and dragon are not.

Thank you. The lighting is the main concern. I need a larger HDRI from Horo to sharpen up the image - this was generated from LekRoof_3840 and the process is not entirely lossless. The approach is asymmetrical, I put in hours of work and Bryce renders for 5 minutes. But once the system is setup, it can be reused again and again. But it has it's limitations. Getting my hands on truly massive HDRI images is one of them.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    the lighting still doesn't work for me - sorry

No need to apologise, I am seeking feedback. What changes would you suggest?

This discussion has been closed.