Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Vicky has done a bad thing... Note (no beautiful Stanford models were damaged in the making of this render).

LekRoof_p1_rtr_rrp64_v6_stanford_test1.jpg
    637 x 850 - 216K
  • AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited September 2012

Vicky has done a bad thing... Note (no beautiful Stanford models were damaged in the making of this render).

Lol.... Excellent render and hilarious note....

Post edited by Atlantis on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@The Savage: Material was set to World Space, so I tweaked the Transformation Tools a bit and you're right, it does look better. Thank you. I'm just happy if I get something to look half way decent. Below is the improved image.

@David: So, you got a call from the modeling agency asking to the health of their model? And if I remember correctly, in one of those images Vickie was a bit wee compared to the statue. So since she isn't green I'll guess she has some other method of increasing her size. Still, love it.

@Horo: Don't know about how much progress I'm making, but in my plodding way I'm slowing learning how to work Bryce. And something like that pull toy does help. I usually go for the KISS method, myself.

Wagon_Box_and_Wheels_6_1.jpg
    1280 x 748 - 35K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2012

LOL! I would like to know what ticked her off ...

Edited to add: and I would love to know where you find those statues!

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Kerya, she's fed up of being upstaged by statues. The models, well, Graham found them and initially converted me a couple. Then Mark (LHD) found out how it was done and explained the process. Then Horo converted a load of them for me. So, yes, that makes me sound lazy I'm sure, but I have been doing other things - honestly.

Jamie, the secret is different sized statues.

Erich, thank you. I just hope no one is offended by this virtual statue abuse.

edited December 1969

*Looks hopefully*
    Any chance to find out where Graham found them?

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,286
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    *Looks hopefully*

Here: http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/
    edited September 2012

Far west of Sumatra: 1933 ( Part II )

kong3.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 95K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Kerya said:
    *Looks hopefully*

:D
    Thank you!

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @The Savage: Material was set to World Space, so I tweaked the Transformation Tools a bit and you're right, it does look better. Thank you. I'm just happy if I get something to look half way decent. Below is the improved image.

The problem you'll get with having the boxes set to World Space, is that if you move the cart and it's contents, the patterns on the boxes will remain orientated the same as it is now.
    If you set it to Object Space, the pattern will move with the boxes.

This way you don't have to manually tweak the Transformation Tools every time you reposition the prop. :-)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,286
    edited December 1969

@tlantis said:
    Far west of Sumatra: 1933 ( Part II )

The vegetation in the undergrowth is particularly well done.
    edited December 1969

Just for fun... I cut a hole in Horo's kitchen table and fitted a sink...

Kitchen_rtr_rrp64_v6_vicky_sinc_test3.jpg
    637 x 850 - 244K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

good one :-)

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

David, these experiments with the statues and Vicky's looks wonderful. I am really impressed with the way the TA is operating.

edited September 2012

@Dave: Ah, okay, understanding is slowly sinking in. Being left handed I do tend to get things backward. :-) I changed the two striped blocks to object space, and the psychedelic one, after remembering to do it as well. I did, however, leave a bit of the X & Z frequency tweaked because I liked the added stripes.

@David: To date, I think Vikie soaking her feet in the sink has to be the cutest you've done. Though she looks a bit dejected. Maybe she's upset about pushing the statue over?

@tlantis: That's an interesting render. But would the shirts be as bright as they are in such a dark place. I had to look closely to see Kong sitting there.

White_Stripe_Red_Blue_Block.jpg
    1280 x 748 - 42K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Is this one that Meshlab had to work it's magic on to get it to import? If so then that's probably where the fireflies come from.

Dunno. I stepped them down by halving until I got down to 1/32 resolution and put each resolution into the objects library. I don't know which one David used. I still can't do Lucy. Not enough memory with 8 GB. MeshLab hangs at 51% and obviously can't use virtual memory on the HD.

That's odd because I only have 8GB's also but I was able to do it. Now I can say that it did seem as if I was pushing the limits of my system but it never hung, although I just converted from the .ply to .obj and then started reducing the mesh from there. I believe you did it slightly different though?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

And once again one of my renders has made it into the PC newsletter. That's 3 months in a row I have got a Bryce render onto the PC newsletter

THeme was Homecoming.

homecoming_2.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 364K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Awwww, naughty Vicky, I'm telling! Hey Daz Vicky is smashing rare valuable religious statues again! :)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Horo said:
    Kerya said:
    *Looks hopefully*

Thank you!

They're in a format called .ply which Bryce does not recognize so they need to be converted from that to .obj or some other format Bryce does recognize. I prefer .obj though as it seems a bit less resource (memory) intensive. Then with some of them after that you will need to reduce the density of the mesh to be able to get it to successfully import. Now I have found one program and it's free that can do the conversion as well as the mesh reduction. It's called Meshlab and can be found here: http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

The reduction process is a bit involved though, I did a post somewhere in one of the threads detailing how to do the reduction but at the moment I'm not sure where it is, perhaps Horo or David remembers though and can post a link?

edited September 2012

chohole said:
    And once again one of my renders has made it into the PC newsletter. That's 3 months in a row I have got a Bryce render onto the PC newsletter

THeme was Homecoming.

Wow very nice, I think I like this render the best of all that you have shared with us. I'd say it's no surprise that it won.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

@chohole: Looking at that image, it's no wonder it made into the PC newsletter. That's one fine image.

@Mark: That link goes to Meshlab, which goes to "sourceforge" for the program. Which program needs downloaded? There's a 64 bit program, which I can't use, and four others.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

THeme was Homecoming.

Absolutely INCREDIBLE Chohole! I love how you get such great looking renders from Bryce 5. You use the available light tools in just the right way and your images are always so well composed. The mood is extremely well established. Amazing as per your usual!

Making Bryce proud up there, keep at it oh yeah!

edited September 2012

GussNemo said:
    @chohole: Looking at that image, it's no wonder it made into the PC newsletter. That's one fine image.

@Mark: That link goes to Meshlab, which goes to "sourceforge" for the program. Which program needs downloaded? There's a 64 bit program, which I can't use, and four others.

Well I'm thinking if you can't use the 64 bit then the one below it (the fourth one) is the 32bit version. I have a 64 bit OS so I used the 64 bit one.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

@Mark: Alright, I'll give the fourth program a try. Thanks.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Mark: Alright, I'll give the fourth program a try. Thanks.

No problem and good luck.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

THeme was Homecoming.

Beautiful render....

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Horo said:
    Kerya said:
    *Looks hopefully*

Thank you!

They're in a format called .ply which Bryce does not recognize so they need to be converted from that to .obj or some other format Bryce does recognize. I prefer .obj though as it seems a bit less resource (memory) intensive. Then with some of them after that you will need to reduce the density of the mesh to be able to get it to successfully import. Now I have found one program and it's free that can do the conversion as well as the mesh reduction. It's called Meshlab and can be found here: http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

The reduction process is a bit involved though, I did a post somewhere in one of the threads detailing how to do the reduction but at the moment I'm not sure where it is, perhaps Horo or David remembers though and can post a link?

Thank you very much!

edited September 2012

chohole said:

THeme was Homecoming.

Wonderful scene Pam! Surely deserving of it's place in the newsletter (better yet if we had a Bryce gallery!). I hope that new PC arrives soon and you'll perhaps consider letting me set up some new lights on one of your old scenes?

Rashad, thank you! Testing progresses... Only work gets in the way - I think I will be digging holes today (it is harder work in the real world).

Image: Vicky is feeling pensive, curious holes have appeared in the roof, but no workmen have been seen. What does it mean?

LekRoof_p1_rtr_rrp64_hole_test2.jpg
    637 x 850 - 293K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited September 2012

@ David.... Lol.... Vicky gonna sticky ...... :o

edited December 1969

ROTFL!

This discussion has been closed.