Products no longer available

I noticed that starting today, some products that I had put in my favorites are no longer available. How come? is it a temporary problem?

Schermata 2023-12-14 alle 14.29.02.png
1508 x 763 - 1M
Schermata 2023-12-14 alle 14.29.18.png
1520 x 771 - 1M

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,175
    Some of those are by PAs who no longer sell at the DAZ3D shop. Others seem to have been removed by the PAs themselves.
  • Too bad, especially for Zeus cats. Thank you 

MimicMolly said:

Some of those are by PAs who no longer sell at the DAZ3D shop. Others seem to have been removed by the PAs themselves.

• In some cases, there are updated/newer versions, like Tenebroso Lighting 2 and Streets of the Mediterranean Redux.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

dannagiusy64 said:

Too bad, especially for Zeus cats. Thank you 

MimicMolly said:

Vyusur (with the cats) can be found in Renderhub

• I retired both the Ridgewalk and the Simple Maze back in 2021.  

I'm glad I picked up the Winter Trendy outfit earlier this year if it is no longer available.  

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562
    edited December 2023

Iray Ghost Light Kits were removed as changes in recent versions of Iray broke them. There's a new version though: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-ghost-light-kit-one

EmmaAndJordi items (Liberty hair and probably some other hair from your list) are now available in their Gumroad store

Hypertaf (Winter trendy outfit) moved to 3D shards

Vyusur (Cat Zeus) moved to Renderhub.

Post edited by Leana on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 815

These are the items invalidated in my wish list. Thankfully a short set.

Cheers!

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,533

dannagiusy64 said:

I noticed that starting today, some products that I had put in my favorites are no longer available. How come? is it a temporary problem?

Starting today seems wrong. I'd assume you just haven't been watching your wishlist very closely, because I know many of these were retired a considerable time ago. (Hypertaf moved to 3D shards recently, but Vyusur left months ago (they're based in Russia, and due to sanctions around the Ukraine war, Daz can't pay Russian vendors. So they moved to a store that's... ahem... less strict) and EmmaAndJordi left the store sometime in the middle of last year I think.

If these things have been sitting on your wishlist that long, it doesn't seem like you had that much enthusiasm for them.

• CricketCricket Posts: 448

I wonder why these items are back in our wishlist - is DAZ just taunting us by reminding us of stuff we can no longer buy, or are they planning on buying these out and making them available again?

• Matt_Castle said:

dannagiusy64 said:

Starting today seems wrong. I'd assume you just haven't been watching your wishlist very closely, because I know many of these were retired a considerable time ago. (Hypertaf moved to 3D shards recently, but Vyusur left months ago (they're based in Russia, and due to sanctions around the Ukraine war, Daz can't pay Russian vendors. So they moved to a store that's... ahem... less strict) and EmmaAndJordi left the store sometime in the middle of last year I think.

If these things have been sitting on your wishlist that long, it doesn't seem like you had that much enthusiasm for them.

Well, in my case, the two inactives were not there earlier this week. I can't promise that I inspected my wishlist yesterday, but within the last several days, I did, while considering building a cart. I had fewer than 50 items in it and could easily review everything in it. These two items were not there. As of mid to late November, I had fewer than 20 Wishlist items so it would have been totally obvious if they were there. 

• Guessing there was a change made causing items that were wishlisted but removed from the store to appear in wishlists again. A bit confusing but at least now I see what items I missed so I can look for alternatives or find them elsewhere.

edited December 2023

csaa said:

These are the items invalidated in my wish list. Thankfully a short set.

Cheers!

The monkey IIRC is from Hypertaf, so should be at 3D shards (well, once they've finished their current site maintenance)

Post edited by Leana on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

TesseractSpace said:

Guessing there was a change made causing items that were wishlisted but removed from the store to appear in wishlists again. A bit confusing but at least now I see what items I missed so I can look for alternatives or find them elsewhere.

Thar's probably the reason, because I know for a fact that the three unavailable items in my wishlist today hadn't been in it for quite some time. My wishlist ist only about fifty items long, you notice changes immediately. 

• Same thing happened to me. I have a short list but I noticed a couple items that are no longer available in my wishlist just showed up overnight. Does anyone know where I can buy Hamptons Estate? Its weird because that PA (PreFox) is still here and that item wasn't that old. Is it for sale somewhere else now? I've tried the usual places, but it just seems gone. Ashame because it was really nice.

• I wouldn't be surprised if the artists are considering coming back here, even if only for a while.  The other sites don't seem to be doing well, especially that new(er?) shards one.  Q4 is NOT the time you want your products unavailable.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Matt_Castle said:

dannagiusy64 said:

Well, in my case, the two inactives were not there earlier this week. I can't promise that I inspected my wishlist yesterday, but within the last several days, I did, while considering building a cart. I had fewer than 50 items in it and could easily review everything in it. These two items were not there. As of mid to late November, I had fewer than 20 Wishlist items so it would have been totally obvious if they were there. 

Same here. I can't promise I inspected mine yesterday either, because I'm mostly outside building the new aviary,and am very tight on time. But,  I do use it almost daily because all of my advent freebees are seemingly based on the wishlist. Every evening, after I come inside, I sort the wishlist by lowt o high and pick something to keep the punch card at 35%. Then later I either replace it with a new debut or check out, depending on how close it is to midnightr at Daz. Tonight, Damaged Painted Plaster Wall Shaders by Censored, an active artist, went poof.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

ArtAngel said:

Same here. I can't promise I inspected mine yesterday either, because I'm mostly outside building the new aviary,and am very tight on time. But,  I do use it almost daily because all of my advent freebees are seemingly based on the wishlist. Every evening, after I come inside, I sort the wishlist by lowt o high and pick something to keep the punch card at 35%. Then later I either replace it with a new debut or check out, depending on how close it is to midnightr at Daz. Tonight, Damaged Painted Plaster Wall Shaders by Censored, an active artist, went poof.

I had completely forgotten this until I read your comment, but there was a period in 2022 when Damaged Painted Plaster Wall Shaders sat at the top of the low-to-high sort of my wishlist, "free" but unpurchasable. It vanished after a few weeks or months; I didn't really notice at the time. So the visibility of delisted items via the wishlist seems to come and go a bit, I'm guessing because it's easy to turn off and neglect to turn back on when making other changes to the storefront.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,187

Yea, the cat and the other pack for it and 3 tutorial sets were all "Unavailable" so I just removed them from my wishlist.  It's OK.  

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,451

Phoenix Knight said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the artists are considering coming back here, even if only for a while.  The other sites don't seem to be doing well, especially that new(er?) shards one.  Q4 is NOT the time you want your products unavailable.

Supposedly they are updating their site, so probably will be doing better, since the site speed/clunkiness was the main critique i saw people saying of it. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

lilweep said:

Phoenix Knight said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the artists are considering coming back here, even if only for a while.  The other sites don't seem to be doing well, especially that new(er?) shards one.  Q4 is NOT the time you want your products unavailable.

Supposedly they are updating their site, so probably will be doing better, since the site speed/clunkiness was the main critique i saw people saying of it. 

Oh no... We all know what happens when they are doing that crying 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,345

It's worse than updating: from what I understood, they are forced to change where they are hosting their site, sooner than envisionned.

Changing host is, even under the best conditions, a touchy endeavor with many surprises lurking in the shadow, ready to bit your ass at the worse possible moment ('why are the pictures not displaying on the new server when they were on the older one and on the virtual machine with the same software stack, configured the same way, why, oh, why ? crying'), so moving a website ahead of schedule without the possibility of reverting to the older host is, well, let's say that I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the people doing it right now because I didn't like being in mines when it happened to me under far better condition (it was not a commercial website, it was not impacting my livehood, I was able to redirect people to the older host and someone already created the tool I needed to fix the problem).

• lilweep said:

Phoenix Knight said:

While I agree the loadtime was a nuisance, I don't think it was the biggest problem.  I say this as someone who has a great deal of digital business experience - just built a Squarspace website myself on a slow weekend a couple of months ago.  Looking at their site when it was up, I saw evidence of a LOT of mistakes being made, so many that I'm not at all surprised by it going down now.  From my perspective, they're going to need a good deal of work, and probably help, to become a functional, trustworthy business.

• Edit: Posted this earlier as a new posting until I was directed to this thread by Nemesis10...

Hi, all of a sudden in the past 10 days a dozen items in my whishlist have become "Inactive" with no explanation...  When I click on the items I get a "404" web error stating the items no onger exist! 

For example some of the items are "World Ores Shader Collection", "Harold and Hair for Genesis 8 Male", "Hamptons Estate", "Dark Worlds Fabric Shaders", and more...

Now I understand others in this thread have run into this issue?  What else might be causing this to happen as several of these are somewhat new?? 

Should I delete these items from my Whishlist or just leave them alone in hopes that some or all will return?

Any and all assistance will be most appreciated.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,105

Matt_Castle said:

LOL, your definition of a wishlist must be totally different from mine! I've had stuff in there for years!

• borgtrekker said:

Edit: Posted this earlier as a new posting until I was directed to this thread by Nemesis10...

Hi, all of a sudden in the past 10 days a dozen items in my whishlist have become "Inactive" with no explanation...  When I click on the items I get a "404" web error stating the items no onger exist! 

For example some of the items are "World Ores Shader Collection", "Harold and Hair for Genesis 8 Male", "Hamptons Estate", "Dark Worlds Fabric Shaders", and more...

Now I understand others in this thread have run into this issue?  What else might be causing this to happen as several of these are somewhat new?? 

Should I delete these items from my Whishlist or just leave them alone in hopes that some or all will return?

Just seems to be a change in the site causing inactives to show. Even new stuff sometimes gets pulled from the store for one reason or other. I'd say make note of the items and who made them if possible and then seek them elsewhere or find alternatives.

Now if only my owned product list were clearer on which items I have were removed from the store so I can look into why. Like if a set was broken by Studio updates, I'd want to know so if I do want to use it later I can either find a fix, an alternative or just give up on it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

paulawp (marahzen) said:

In some cases, there are updated/newer versions, like Tenebroso Lighting 2 and Streets of the Mediterranean Redux.

...but in the case of Streets of the Mediterranean, they are not by the same PA  "Redux" is by Kindred Arts.(an excellent PA) but it's are no longer "Stonemason" and doesn't wuite have the same "look".

I've seen that with a couple of Stonemason's older sets.  Sector 15 doesn't look much like the original either (and was on my wishlist).  Glad I still lave the original Streets of the Med and most of his other signature sets.  I hope they are not taken off our Product Library in case we need to re-download them.

Products taken off the store are still in your library.

The only exception I can imagine would be products removed for copyright violation.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,836

borgtrekker said:

Edit: Posted this earlier as a new posting until I was directed to this thread by Nemesis10...

There is this Harold for G8M still in the store. https://www.daz3d.com/harold-hd-for-genesis-8-male Maybe there was a name conflict? What does your Harold look like? 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,401

here is this Harold for G8M still in the store. https://www.daz3d.com/harold-hd-for-genesis-8-male Maybe there was a name conflict? What does your Harold look like? 

That is a different Harold.  The one that is missing is the Harold and hair by Vyusur at Renderhub.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

You can still buy Vyusur's Harold and hair, you just have to do it over at Renderhub.