Products no longer available

2»

Comments

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited December 2023

Now dForce Mixable Warabi Outfit for Genesis 9 (Sade products) is gone.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,239

It has been mentioned in another thread that Sade might be on her way to 3DShards.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588

Ok thank you ! There was no info about it in my wishlist cheeky

• Cricket said:

I wonder why these items are back in our wishlist - is DAZ just taunting us by reminding us of stuff we can no longer buy, or are they planning on buying these out and making them available again?

I've seen this happen a few times; vendors pull things from the store and DAZ seemingly negotiates to continue selling them as DAZ Originals. But not very often. 

• I saw maybe a dozen or more items in my wishlist suddenly go innactive last week maybe; I feel like a few of them were in the original list above. I'm on here every other day at least, often every day; so having that many things go away at once was a big surprise. This happens every so often. Something happens that upsets a vendor and they pull out. Sad really; many of the vendors that left were really good ones like Marcius. (At least I think so in my not-so-humble-opinion.)  ;)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

Noah LGP said:

Ok thank you ! There was no info about it in my wishlist cheeky

Almost all of Sade's stuff is gone now, there's only about 70 items left which are DOs. I also assume she'll have the things up over at 3dshards once they're back online. I just wish there would have been a goodbye sale or something, as I never noticed that her stuff had a timer for the last few days. Sad, I really like her textures, and she's a lovely person as far as I can tell.

• when I click on the vendors lists section it says Sade has 698 products however when go to her store it says showing 57 of 70 products so yeah that is a lot of content gone from here now

• one vendor I know sold pretty much all his stuff to daz some comade by others he still has a store and some non DO still but has sort of retired for time being kinda cause his heart isn't in it and is a bit burnt out hopefully his enthusiasm will return and gets back into creating. Have noticed a few teams have broken up gone seperate ways too can sometimes still can work out part of a team when they've gone solo because they have a destinctive style but still miss them as teams

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,463

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

when I click on the vendors lists section it says Sade has 698 products however when go to her store it says showing 57 of 70 products so yeah that is a lot of content gone from here now

Not really gone, most were DO's and are still around. Good luck finding them, though...

• hjakehjake Posts: 858

Well I can see that the question of inactive products on our wishlists goes back to December of 2023.

Using my hyper-awareness skills of obsevation, laugh today, I noticed that when I filter the main store page by wishlisted items I got 89 fewer than on my Wishlist page, but some of these items seem pretty new so I can not think of a reason they got pulled so soon after publishing.

Does anyone know or have some theory about it?

See attached 2 images for list of items.

2024-07-01_121302_cr.jpg
    1375 x 4365 - 2M
    2024-07-01_121338_cr.jpg
    1375 x 4331 - 2M
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,613

A number of the PAs left, meaning that the items go inactive. I know a couple of the products just were retired.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,463

Hypertaf, Vyusur, Sade, EmmaAndJordi all moved out, among others, which covers more than half your list. Many of Censored's early shaders were pulled. Some might get pulled for copyright infringement. Some vendors might pull poor sellers and try elsewhere. Some problematic products might get canceled because the corrections aren't worth the effort. All sorts of reasons...

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,353
    edited July 1

hjake said:

Well I can see that the question of inactive products on our wishlists goes back to December of 2023.

Using my hyper-awareness skills of obsevation, laugh today, I noticed that when I filter the main store page by wishlisted items I got 89 fewer than on my Wishlist page, but some of these items seem pretty new so I can not think of a reason they got pulled so soon after publishing.

Does anyone know or have some theory about it?

See attached 2 images for list of items.

The Havana Street got renamed to Vintage Street - I think the name was a problem with payment processors. 

All the EJ xxx products left the store with Emma and Jordi - they still exist elsewhere (I can't remember where exactly)

Similarly all the Cat Zeus / Popcorn the Goat and similar left the store with their makers Vyusur and Hypertaf - they also exist elsewhere but I believe they have moved around several times.

The Gen 9 Head and Body shapes are stil in store - all I can assume is that your wishist has lost track of them.

ETA: Oh and Stonemason retired Streets of the Mediterranean, but it was revived as a DO by Kindred Arts as Streets of the Med Redux.

Edit2: Corrected creator info.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,481

MelanieL said:

Similarly all the Cat Zeus / Popcorn the Goat and similar left the store with their maker Hypertaf - they also exist elsewhere but I believe they have moved around several times.

I thought Cat Zeus was an item by Vyusur ?

It's in my content as a Vyusur item.

• ValiskaValiska Posts: 80

Yeah, Vyusur, who's back at Renderhub, apparently.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,353
    edited July 1

Bunyip02 said:

MelanieL said:

Similarly all the Cat Zeus / Popcorn the Goat and similar left the store with their maker Hypertaf - they also exist elsewhere but I believe they have moved around several times.

I thought Cat Zeus was an item by Vyusur ?

It's in my content as a Vyusur item.

My apologies - Hypertaf was right for Popcorn the Goat and Moshi the Kitten, but the Cat Zeus stuff was indeed Vyusur. 

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252
    edited July 2

Go to vyusur's da page, look at some of her product-related art posts, follow the clue to where she actually has all her work now. 

Post edited by Torquinox on
    edited July 2

We have these wonderful internet finding-things interfaces called search engines. Highly recommend using them to find lost things. Yeah I know how snarky that sounds. Not meant that way. Sorry.

edited July 2

I'm forced to be ever more abstract about certain things I'm trying to post

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,895

Torquinox said:

I'm forced to be ever more abstract about certain things I'm trying to post

I'm forced to be ever more cryptic about most things I'm trying to post.

• nohiznguyennohiznguyen Posts: 263

Nyan Cat. Their products are great!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited July 2

...yeah,  I was surprised to see Stonemason's Streets of the Mediterranean on the Inactive list in the attachments to hjake's post above (I actually have several of items shown in the  attachments).  Fortunately I purchased it when it was released back then.  

I feel there's something to be said for having the original.  I know there's a "remake" of it and yes, it costs less the original did but it just isn't the same..

Indeed the Cat Zeus was a big loss  Fortunately I picked up the three add-ons before Zeus disappeared. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

@xyer0 yes, exactly. Thanks

• hjakehjake Posts: 858
    edited July 3

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply to my query.

I will follow Torquinox's advice and use Lycos to search the inter-tubes to find products that moved to other stores. Forward to 9 minutes into the video. cheeky

Also nice to know one item was renamed but my wishlist link was not updated.

My original post relates to why my wishlist does not include the ability to auto-magically remove inactive products.

Post edited by hjake on

@hjake I hope you find everything you seek