NEO Crew Space Team α (WIP Thread)

2»

Comments

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    edited March 2016

Okay, been a while since I posted with regards to Neo Crew, things are coming along nicely and I am working on the trailer (which is also learning the software for the actual motion comic which will probably be slightly less frantic than the trailer!!) in the meantime, here is a sneak peak of two other key characters from the comic.

ShaydeMeetsTK.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by KA1 on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited March 2016

Hey! I wondered what happened to you!  It looks good.  I really like your female character there with the big gun! The whole still shot has a very interesting feel to it.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Glad to see an update, looking forward to more.

-- Walt Sterdan

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,802

Nice to see your still on track! Good work on that scene.

edited March 2016

This is a scene from the previous day (according to the stories timeline!) which explains Shayde's reaction when he meet's TK in the previous teaser image I put up....

ShaydeMeetsDaria.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by KA1 on

I like the setup of the panels and the way you tell it but the shine on Darias skin seems a bit much for me

edited March 2016

A frame straight from the trailer which is coming along now...

Elite.png
    1280 x 720 - 670K
    Post edited by KA1 on

Just thought I would pop in and see how things are going?  How's the trailer coming?  All of your images are looking so good!

Just thought I would pop in and see how things are going?  How's the trailer coming?  All of your images are looking so good!

Thank you @Knittingmommy :)  Trailer is looking good so far, I have the first few segments together but am currently going through and refining/improving them. The latest segment I did is one of the more animated parts so I am currently trying to balance the timing on the word balloons etc, currently I think its a little unbalanced. It's good fun putting it together, it is looking like the trailer is going to be a bit more work that putting actual episodes/comic issues together though!! 

I can imagine!  I've just started dabbling in animation just a little and it is hard getting every going in the direction you want it to go.  I can't wait to see your final trailer!  I'll bet it will feel real good when you finally get to send it out for others to see.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Looking forward to seeing more!  I find the idea of trying to learn animation on top of everything else right now to be just too overwhelming to even contemplate lol.  I will sit back and enjoy everyone elses efforts though.  Who knows maybe in a couple of years I will be ready to tackle that particular part of studio.

In the interest of full disclosure it is only a motion comic, animation may be a stretch. It's still mainly static images with just some fancy swooshyness  (I wish that was actually a word!) thrown in. Motion definately more  acurate than animation, though some of the ships and lasers are animated I guess!!

Okay so I've renamed this the work in progress thread as it's...well..... following the work in progress!!! So to get some initial feedback I'm posting the first 1min 4 seconds of the trailer (which is already like Version 2 of this section!) Any critique greatly appreciated. One thing I did notice after rendering 1276 Frames is that there was an issue with the final word balloon layer wise so it just shows a white mist behind teh backdrop rather than Reiyas saying "Uh....Yeah... Leaving now" should be an easy fix before I move on though. So if you don't mind a little bit of a trailer spoiler feel free to have a look and feedback. Many thanks.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwU--IQBRC5zSFpaYVVDTnlZdGs/view

I have to say that was kind of COOL!  No critiques here.  I loved this first bit of the trailer, though.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

This is really nice so far! Congratulations!

Thank you @Knittingmommy and @Ati, it is actually coming together as I imagined it would, I wasn't sure if I was being a bit ambitious but as I'm working on it now and seeing it come together I'm beginning to think I might actually pull off what I'm trying to do!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Linwelly said:

I like the setup of the panels and the way you tell it but the shine on Darias skin seems a bit much for me

I agree- the shine is distracting from the character's pose, it diverted my attention from the purpose of the panel. Which, btw, are setup very uniquely and well done!  The preview was quite fun too, I know it takes a lot of work to get things setup and flowing, and the images merged really well in the opening. Nicely done! 

Interesting, I specifically bought the character that came with that skin to use for the race that Daria is from...I'll get some more feedback before I decide any drastic changes just yet, many thanks for the comments so far, it's good to get as many opinions as possible.

That was very cool!  I think if you could tamp down the super white shine on her skin just a bit it wouldn't be quite so distracting.  I like the skin and actually like that its shiny but its just a bit too shiny in spots.  Can't wait to see more!

I agree with Sonja, I like the shine and you should definitely use it, just a tad lower so that the outline of the character is still easily to be recognised. Probably try to convert a render with her to greyscale, to get a different view.

Thanks you guys, really appreciate the input. Definitely going to look at toning down the uber whiteness part of the shine when time permits, only got 9 days left before I'll have to take some maternity leave from Daz. ..

KA1 said:

Thanks you guys, really appreciate the input. Definitely going to look at toning down the uber whiteness part of the shine when time permits, only got 9 days left before I'll have to take some maternity leave from Daz. ..

Well that sounds like a lovely reason to take a break!

KA1 said:

That is nice news and I wish all the best to you for that, take your time!

KA1 said:

Ooh, congratulations!  Sounds like a very good reason to take a break.

edited April 2016

POWER UP!! A quick glimpse of the Neo Crew with Alpha Power Enabled.

AlphaEnabled.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    Post edited by KA1 on

That's a little different from your usual images, but I like it.  I love the postwork you did in this image.  I, also, love that my favorite color is in the middle!  Nice image!

That's a little different from your usual images, but I like it.  I love the postwork you did in this image.  I, also, love that my favorite color is in the middle!  Nice image!

This is good feedback thank you @Knittingmommy, I did have a concern that the Alpha enabled mode for the crew might not fit in as seamlessly as I'd like for the comic so I'm going to go back to the drawing board, maybe try the same as above but without the helmets on so as not to lose the characters identity and style. It may or may not work but at this stage I can still scrap Alpha enabled mode for the crew, there are plenty of other ideas for them anyway.