Daz AI Studio - Official Beta Launch!

Comments

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 442

Terms of service? What can we do with the output?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,359

wscottart said:

Terms of service? What can we do with the output?

https://www.daz3d.com/eula#general_license

See 4.0 Forum, Gallery, and AI Prompt Submissions Addendum

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,446

creed2003 said:

We need the abilty to make higher resolution images. 

+1!!!

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited April 16

This is a beta, and it isn't even a beta of the final product.

If you look at the full announcement, from last year, you will see that it goes beyond those 

Statements like the above confuse me because the communication does not provide a clear distinction between Daz AI Studio and AI features for Daz 3D Studio.

My subjective impressions were:

• whatever was shown last year was an in-development AI extension for the existing Daz "3D" Studio. 
    • what was introduced as "Daz AI Studio"  Beta is a separate standalone product
    • Both need a dedictated separate User Interface optimised for the task
    • Both are developed independently by separate teams
    • Both can exist side-by-side with a different target audience

Questions

1a) Is Daz AI Studio considered as a standalone application by Daz Production Inc?

1b) Is Daz Productions Inc commited to continue developing and expanding Daz AI Studio independent from Daz "3D" Studio development?

2) When will the advertised Lighting and Environment LoRA be available in Daz AI Studio? (days, weeks, months?)

###

Advertising & Expectations

These images are posted on the Daz AI Studio "About" page promoting additional features.

Not ready features like Upscaling, Inpaiting were grayed out to give the impression that they may come later.

"LoRA" like Environments and Lighting were not grayed out.

Based on that information I assumed:

• that the LoRA used to make the promo images were available at launch or at least ready to be released
    • that new LoRA are added to Daz AI Studio on a weekly or daily basis

If further updates to Daz AI Studio are months away please let your subscribers know to manage expectations.

Daz-AI-Studio_LoRA_example.png
    1204 x 673 - 157K
    Daz-AI-Studio_planned-features_240415.jpg
    904 x 753 - 92K
    Post edited by linvanchene on
  • foleyprofoleypro Posts: 485

foleypro said:

Hello all...

I wish I could have been on the beta team of this but I wasnt...

I agree on the ability to make higer rez pictures with options..

I am on the Topaz beta team...so between Daz AI and topaz match made in heaven...

DazCabinSunset2.jpeg
    4608 x 3584 - 5M
    Daz mountain2024.jpg
    4608 x 3584 - 2M
  • aograiaograi Posts: 653

We should be moving away from our works looking more like AI. I understand if you want to use AI to animate your work or to may be use AI to get optimal Iray render - as an assistance kind of job for what you want to create... would be good. Not to take your creativity away from you and your render. The satisfaction of your own progress is a wonderful feeling.

Masterstroke said:

While the first AI images looked stunning, because of their status of being new, the look of AI has become old. 
    You could say AI images all look alike. Over saturated and boring.

• Originally, I intended to make some significant purchases from your platform again. I already had items worth around $200 in my cart. However, while browsing, I stumbled upon your AI feature, which immediately extinguished any joy I had in shopping. Are you now contributing to the destruction of our shared hobby? Over time, I've already spent A LOT OF Money on your platform, honing my rendering skills for over a decade, and I take pride in posting a picture in a forum after working on it for an entire day.

But why should I continue doing so when someone with no skills can generate comparable or even better images in seconds for just $3.99 a month and later spam the forums I frequent?

You're aiding in the destruction of creativity and the enjoyment of the rendering hobby! I genuinely cannot understand why you support this.

For my part, I've now saved $200. I hope you're satisfied with that.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,364
    edited April 26

Please can someone tell me what this symbol on the generated image means? I've tried clicking it and nothing seems to happen.

ETA: Ah I spoke/wrote too soon - I'd clicked it a couple of times and eventaully got a message from my browser/AV that Daz was trying to download multiple files. It seems it does what it maybe looks like it should, i.e. enlarges then downloads the image.

WhatsThis.jpg
    254 x 180 - 14K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

The middle one is resize, the left is download, the right is the seed value.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,543

I'm not impressed by this at all.  I don't see the features shown on the main page.  The AI can't generate hands nor swords correctly and doesn't know right from left.  

tkdrobert said:

I'm not impressed by this at all.  I don't see the features shown on the main page.  The AI can't generate hands nor swords correctly and doesn't know right from left.  

Several features have just been added, the rest will follow during the beta.

• I think it has great potential. What I would love to be able to do is tell the AI what products I want to use from my library of characters and scenes and tell it what I'm looking for so it puts it all together with lighting options. Looking forward to seeing how it all develops and will probably buy the Pro version with the monthly fee soon. I have been using Midjourney for months and love what I can do with it but still struggle with getting the same character in different scenarios and scenes. Here is hoping we are heading in that direction.

edited May 8

My subjective impressions after 1 month.

This post is intended as summary and was edited several times to make it more readable.

Highest Priority: LoRA Strength settings

Images generated by Daz AI Studio by default seem to feature more interesting details than those generated with LoRA activated.

In addition the prompt seems less strictly followed when LoRA are applied.

Default Daz AI Studio

Daz AI Studio with LoRA:

This may be caused by the default strength the LoRA are applied to the base Daz AI Studio checkpoint.

It would help customers to be able to manually adjust the strength of the LoRA between 0.0 - 1.0 to gain more control over the images generated with characters.

Core Style vs Monochrome backgrounds 

My expectation was that the core style of Daz AI Studio would be similar to an Iray scene with depth of field and HDRI lighting.

Instead, in  many generated images monochrome backgrounds are showing up.

This happens often when applying LoRA but sometimes also with the default Daz AI Studio checkpoint when using less detailed prompts.

Maybe this is intentional? Some additional context provided by the developers could help.

Advanced UI ?

An "Advanced UI" toggle could make more detailed options available for those interested in such settings.

I would like to know and control what exactly the sliders and quality settings "fast, balanced, high, best" do.

Advanced settings could provide the ability

• to choose the model for samplers, schedulers, upscalers,
    • enter precicse values for steps, cfg

Checkpoint Trigger words ?

It would be interesting to have access to updated lists of the tags used in checkpoint and LoRA training.

Sharing that information on a beta log page would make it less trial and error for customers to figure out in which areas the Daz AI checkpoint and LoRA were trained.

Daz-AI-Studio_monochrome-background_default.jpg
    933 x 548 - 98K
    DazAI_jungle_default_woman.jpg
    931 x 357 - 71K
    DazAI_jungle_LoRA_victoria-9.jpg
    934 x 360 - 68K
    DazAI_jungle_LoRA_angela-9.jpg
    938 x 361 - 70K
    DazAI_jungle_default_jane.jpg
    934 x 357 - 72K
    edited May 6

Feature?

An Alternative - include character names in checkpoint training?

Maybe the names of some Daz Original Characters could be included as triggers in checkpoint training?

The users could then just use the character name in the prompt to have a specific character show up in the image.

a photo of victoria9,

a photo of michael9,

a photo of victoria9 and michael9,

Example prompt for a character named  "janedoe":

photo of janedoe, black ponytail, tanlines, beige jacket, white shirt, olive cargo pants, close-up of face, trekking, jungle, exotic flowers, golden hour, rim lighting, depth of field,

• hejjj12hejjj12 Posts: 51
    edited May 10

Sorry, I didn't know were to post request/ideas for daz3d ai features, so guessed here. 

Would love to see AI for user interface, in the regular DAZ3D. One that can analyse the things and tools you own to speed things up. 

Like I want a pose where my figure is falling and trying to grab something in the air?

Then it shows up any poses that it can find that resemble what I asked for so I can pick from them. 

Or I want a sci-fi pistol and all my owned sci-fi pistols show up.

Or I want a figure that looks like this and that.

Where is my tool that does this?

How can I make this happen?

Make an animation between these two poses on the time-line.

Help us create morphs, collision between objects. 

That would make daz3d go from fun and amazing to work with, to fantastic and unstoppable. 

Bonus from that is render in ai, and support for AI like SD, but that can just be done in Photoshop after, so not really necessary. 

Post edited by hejjj12 on
  • Agon2Agon2 Posts: 4

Hello,

I tested the free version and I was rather pleasantly surprised. 
    DAZ AI studio does very well with groups of people. Bodies almost never merge. The atmosphere is pleasant and varied.
    There are sometimes surprising problems: two images in one or six in one, proportion problems. With 4 generations of images we always have at least one very acceptable one.

I agree with someone else above. DAZ is a site for 3D creators. If an AI can make a complete image, I'm more looking for an AI that could help me create:

• An AI that, starting from an image, could extend it to create a 360° image that I could rework and then create an HDRI image,
    • An AI that could create textures from templates,
    • An AI that could create hair, An AI that could create poses.

Do not see this list as a criticism of the good work already accomplished, but rather as a mark of confidence in your work.
    Thank you for giving us the ability to create. Continue, thank you. 

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,473
    edited May 25

Why doesn't my Daz AI look like the one in the example / tutorial? All I can select is the character. I have no choice of environment or lights... I even upgraded to the paid version with no change. I've tried on multiple computers and multiple browsers with no difference. (Of course, what I'd like best is to be able to choose one of the thousands of items that I own.)

Screenshot 2024-05-25 101646.jpg
    1731 x 849 - 88K
    Post edited by firewarden on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 24,218
    edited May 25

firewarden said:

Why doesn't my Daz AI look like the one in the example / tutorial? All I can select is the character. I have no choice of environment or lights... I even upgraded to the paid version with no change. I've tried on multiple computers and multiple browsers with no difference. (Of course, what I'd like best is to be able to choose one of the thousands of items that I own.)

I don't think anyone has more than people to select. The example/tutorial represents some *Daz Soon* planned future capability, I think. They have been gradually adding different people, but that doesn't even work for me. The number of images doesn't always work either. I am on the free plan. Why pay when the free doesn't even work right? Here is an example I did today, just to see what was available. I selected Angela 9 and 1 image. Daz AI Studio produced 2 images of a white woman, looking nothing like Angela 9. So either I don't know how to use it, or it doesn't work right.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 134425.jpg
    1472 x 1380 - 162K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,473

barbult said:

firewarden said:

I don't think anyone has more than people to select. The example/tutorial represents some *Daz Soon* planned future capability, I think. They have been gradually adding different people, but that doesn't even work for me. The number of images doesn't always work either. I am on the free plan. Why pay when the free doesn't even work right? Here is an example I did today, just to see what was available. I selected Angela 9 and 1 image. Daz AI Studio produced 2 images of a white woman, looking nothing like Angela 9. So either I don't know how to use it, or it doesn't work right.

Thank you, barbult! I thought only the grayed-out items were coming "soon." I hadn't tried it enough to see that the figure choice doesn't hold true. I stalled when I couldn't get the options and the ones I did try turned out really low-res.

edited May 27

I selected Angela 9 and 1 image. Daz AI Studio produced 2 images of a white woman, looking nothing like Angela 9.

So either I don't know how to use it, or it doesn't work right.

It can be a bit tricky to learn how to use LoRA like Angela 9. 

The main triggers to add in the prompt are the words:

• man
    • woman

You may also need to add "dark skin" to the prompt - to fully activate the Angela 9 LoRA.

If you would like to experiment further - the following prompt could be a starting point:

portrait of a 70 year old woman, lob hair, dark skin, white blouse, glasses, reading a technical manual, computer, office, bokeh,

You can find some more details why you ended up with a white version of Angela 9 in this post:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8732721/#Comment_8732721

daz-ai_angela-9_old-woman_glasses-manual.jpg
    1041 x 360 - 75K
    Thanks for the link and info about triggers. I am a complete AI novice. I just expected that if I select a character, my result should look like that character. There are no uasge instructions on that AI Studio page.
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

i'm a bit confused as to what will come at some point

- as new features for everyone
    - as new features only for the paid version

and as to what is included only in the paid version already but is not in the free version.

or as to what is missing in the beta version but will be included in the finished version - and for whom (paid/free).

especially those backgrounds and such products. they're advertized, but when will they come?

don't want/can't afford a paid version, i can draw with AI everywhere else for free (earning credits) with better results, or even just with DS.
    i treid a few times, the only character i'm interested in Wong, but if it's all what i'll ever get for free, i won't bother...

atm i'm not interested in upscaling etc, stuff that has been discussed in previous posts.

edited June 5

Feedback after two months:

Edited several times to update some looked-for features and rearanged in order of subjective priority.

The Daz AI Studio checkpoint does create a unique style that falls in between 3D and stylized photo retouching.

It shines in  areas like landscapes and toons compared to alternative options.

The current workflow with Daz AI Studio is somewhat slow.

•  Enter a prompt.
    • Wait for the 8 images to generate.
    • Change one word in the prompt and generate another 8 images.

Jobs

8 images per queue is great. 

But please let us queue up to 8 jobs with different prompts as well.

So we can have 64 images in the queue at the same time and can do something else while we wait on the results.

Variants

By formating prompts in a very specific way one of the elements in parentheses is randomly selected each time an image is generated.

photo of a woman with {pale|light|dark} skin and {auburn|blonde|brown} hair

Variables

Random variant selection could be combined with variables.

${color0=!{red|yellow|blue|purple}},${color1=!{black|dark gray|gray|light gray|white}},woman wearing a ${color0} jacket, ${color1} top,${color0} pants,${color1} boots,

Dynamic prompts

The ability to upload .txt, YAML or JSON files with wildcards would further improve the ability to generate random images without having to manually adjust the prompt each time.

Wildcards are lists of specific words or prompts that are randomly loaded from a file each time a new image is generated.

Example:

I created yaml files with lists of

• all capitols __dyp_mc_origin/prompt-rnd__
    • time of day & lighting __dyp_ltg/prompt-rnd__
    • styles __dyp_dsg_style/prompt-rnd__,

The wildcards in the YAML files can then be triggered in the prompt:

a photo of a {man|woman} from __dyp_mc_origin/prompt-rnd__ sitting at a campfire, close-up of face, bokeh,__dyp_ltg/prompt-rnd__,

If you are looking for more information how this could potentially be used for Daz AI Studio search for "sd-dynamic-prompts".

LoRA to create HDRI environments

• 2:1 aspect ratio output - 1024x512
    • Save image as .hdr, .exr

Those images could be imported in the Daz 3D Studio HDRI environment...

###

Edited:

• added a screenshot of the origin wildcards and the zipped file itself as example.
    • added two more screenshots examples to show the final prompts after evaluation of variants and wildcards

Feel free to experiment and modify based on your needs...

dynamic-prompts_wildcards_example-origin.jpg
    545 x 833 - 54K
    zip
    zip
    dyp_mc_origin_v1005.zip
    dynamic-prompts_variants_example_ps_3128x686_upsc-mq.jpg
    3128 x 686 - 125K
    dynamic-prompts_wildcards_example_3060x806_upsc-mq.jpg
    3060 x 806 - 143K
    dynamic-prompts_variables_example_2444x900_upsc-mq.jpg
    2444 x 900 - 127K
  • My thought it isOK, but as I see it the fun comes from  to putting  the scene together, lighting it and render the composition as in traditional 3d rendering.  

I told it to render Richard Haseltine. It had no idea he was a cat. What the heck! wink

barbult said:

I told it to render Richard Haseltine. It had no idea he was a cat. What the heck! wink

Well, AI is still easier to fool than humans.

• novastridernovastrider Posts: 208

Can't even tell you how I feel about it; it's simply not working. Eternal rendering. an image never shows up.

novastrider said:

Can't even tell you how I feel about it; it's simply not working. Eternal rendering. an image never shows up.

This has been reported and confirmed.

It is very nice that Lawrence 9 and Xiu Lin 9 can now also be used. The render times are also ok for me, thank you!

Unfortunately, the enlargement option for the 1152 x 896 format has been lost...

I would appreciate it if a moderator would take note of my problem and inform Daz or, at least, would answer