Today's Baseball uniform for Females only? Really?

Okay, I get that PA's have to make a buck and female products outsell male, but today we FINALLY get a baseball outfit - and it's 'girly' and only suited to female characters?  Seriously?  What about tennis - there's a great recent product with props and poses for G9.  Tennis Fem ale clothing, you got at least three options on daz across generations and another bunch over at rendo.  For males? NOTHING.

Also been pleading with daZ for updated male first responder uniforms for a minute now, nothing new since G3.  Cop, firefighter uniforms.  Nothing.  Sexy female cops?  Knock yourself out.  Male characters?  Forget about it

Getting me seriously ticked off at this point

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,182

hudwentworth said:

Also been pleading with daZ for updated male first responder uniforms for a minute now, nothing new since G3.  Cop, firefighter uniforms.  Nothing.  Sexy female cops?  Knock yourself out.  Male characters?  Forget about it

G8M got a sheriff's uniform, and there was a non-sexy police uniform for G8F, plus a SWAT outfit for G9.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,904

I think this set looks fantastic and I hope that there is plans for a male version because I would gladly pick that up. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,331
    edited April 5

While the PA has done an excellent job I was disappointed that only a pinup looking uniform was provided. I was hoping for a more realistic real world uniform such as this:  https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/09/06/womens-baseball-world-cup-usa-japan .  Also a real world male uniform is what is really needed.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

hudwentworth said:

Okay, I get that PA's have to make a buck and female products outsell male, but today we FINALLY get a baseball outfit - and it's 'girly' and only suited to female characters? 

It's not suited for female characters either, unless it's Halloween at the Playboy Mansion. You might as well put it on a male character, it won't look any more ridiculous.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,803

I am curious to see, how it looks on male G9 characters. 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252
    That's my favorite thing about the discussion of G9's versatility. If you don't want to put your male characters in lingerie and clothing intended to be sexy on a woman, that's all on you and your limited tastes. /s
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 296

lou_harper said:

hudwentworth said:

Okay, I get that PA's have to make a buck and female products outsell male, but today we FINALLY get a baseball outfit - and it's 'girly' and only suited to female characters? 

It's not suited for female characters either, unless it's Halloween at the Playboy Mansion. You might as well put it on a male character, it won't look any more ridiculous.

Was coming in to say "It's equally inappropriate for everybody" but Lou has beaten me to it.

(I can't use a baseball uniform, much less a pinup-cheesecake baseball uniform, but I'm dying to know how this looks on a male figure, especially since there is a specific shape helper for Nikolai and for Nikolai alone. Someone, please, please, post a render!)

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

Timbales said:

That's my favorite thing about the discussion of G9's versatility. If you don't want to put your male characters in lingerie and clothing intended to be sexy on a woman, that's all on you and your limited tastes. /s

Exactly. 

• I admit that I am among those who would buy a bundle like this if it had reasonable general-use outfits and equipment. Daz could use modern bundles of sports equipment and outfits suitable for pro teams and local leagues, as some percent of the Daz art population might either want to do sports-related art, or have some scene that includes people playing a sport. I don't know what that percent is, and I get that PAs need to make things that are worth the time in creating them in terms of sales, but there is some amount of us who are more slice-of-life than pin-up oriented.

• franky85franky85 Posts: 112

I am more surprised that the renders feature Death Stranding's Mama.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 296

franky85 said:

I am more surprised that the renders feature Death Stranding's Mama.

You know, now that you mention it ...

• johnbuckeridgejohnbuckeridge Posts: 234

hudwentworth said:

Okay, I get that PA's have to make a buck and female products outsell male, but today we FINALLY get a baseball outfit - and it's 'girly' and only suited to female characters?  Seriously?  What about tennis - there's a great recent product with props and poses for G9.  Tennis Fem ale clothing, you got at least three options on daz across generations and another bunch over at rendo.  For males? NOTHING.

Getting me seriously ticked off at this point

Hi there.  I understand your frustration - really I do.  I've noticed at least a couple of other posts on the forum today where people are crying out for male uniforms and other outfits.  But then I also note the problem for those who want to put together a real women's baseball team look.  (League of Their Own, anyone?)   

Timbales said:

Of course - and that's all fine and good, but it isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.  And it would be nice to have the choice. - precisely because of the versatility of G9 - to have more unisex items that would be usable by both.  Most baseball uniforms I've seen IRL seem to be pretty gender-neutral.

• ProtegeArtsProtegeArts Posts: 36

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I admit that I am among those who would buy a bundle like this if it had reasonable general-use outfits and equipment. Daz could use modern bundles of sports equipment and outfits suitable for pro teams and local leagues, as some percent of the Daz art population might either want to do sports-related art, or have some scene that includes people playing a sport. I don't know what that percent is, and I get that PAs need to make things that are worth the time in creating them in terms of sales, but there is some amount of us who are more slice-of-life than pin-up oriented.

i am someone who is using baseball as a sport in my story, which is completed and fidning anything baseball related, generic uniforms, helmets,equipment, etc has been difficult.  

columbine said:

lou_harper said:

hudwentworth said:

Was coming in to say "It's equally inappropriate for everybody" but Lou has beaten me to it.

(I can't use a baseball uniform, much less a pinup-cheesecake baseball uniform, but I'm dying to know how this looks on a male figure, especially since there is a specific shape helper for Nikolai and for Nikolai alone. Someone, please, please, post a render!)

Oh, that would be classic, lol.  laugh 

Timbales said:

Of course - and that's all fine and good, but it isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.  And it would be nice to have the choice. - precisely because of the versatility of G9 - to have more unisex items that would be usable by both.  Most baseball uniforms I've seen IRL seem to be pretty gender-neutral.

They pretty much are. The only difference would be on garments with button closures, like the pants or a baseball jersey. A baseball shirt, the knee high socks, cleats/shoes, and hat would all be the same.
  • jbdiminniejbdiminnie Posts: 76

I am disappointed at how unrealistic this outfit is--I don't see any baseball players wearing kneepads strapped to their legs (except for catchers), and I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to try to actually pitch wearing the kneepads shown in the outfit.  I give the PA some props for attempting to include pose with various grips for real baseball pitches, but the hand placement on the ball is still not totally correct for them.  It makes me think this set was made by someone who doesn't really watch professional baseball or is really familiar with the sport.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,237

one day people will realise its easier to just pay the marvelous designer tax and have any outfit you want https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/g1w5P/baseball-uniform-marvelous-designer-clo-3d-project-obj

• foxstarfoxstar Posts: 15

This one was just listed on Renderhub.  Looks nice. 

https://www.renderhub.com/inn/softball-outfit-for-genesis-8-f-genesis-9

I dunno, I think it looks pretty damn sexy specifically because it comes off as genuine by not trying so hard to look sexy. The girl (or guy) you had a crush on in school might have actually worn something like it.   I actually enjoy fantasy skimpwear outfits in moderation and won't talk down on them, but I would definitely also like to see more attractive "real world" uniforms like this.  Sportswear, cop, fire fiighter, EMS, construction, military, service industry, historical etc. 

FWIW, I like the hat, gloves, and texturing on PAMAWO's outfit and will probably pick it up later on discount.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

foxstar said:

This one was just listed on Renderhub.  Looks nice. 

https://www.renderhub.com/inn/softball-outfit-for-genesis-8-f-genesis-9

I dunno, I think it looks pretty damn sexy specifically because it comes off as genuine by not trying so hard to look sexy. The girl (or guy) you had a crush on in school might have actually worn something like it.   I actually enjoy fantasy skimpwear outfits in moderation and won't talk down on them, but I would definitely also like to see more attractive "real world" uniforms like this.  Sportswear, cop, fire fiighter, EMS, construction, military, service industry, historical etc. 

FWIW, I like the hat, gloves, and texturing on PAMAWO's outfit and will probably pick it up later on discount.

Except for the hat it's pretty solid gender neutral outfit, and fairly accurate to many real uniforms.  Unfortunately, as noted in the description, it's a conversion from another format and subject to editorial restrictions as it impinges on another entity's legal rights that the vendor doesn't control.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 173

lou_harper said:

Thank you!!!

Likewise with the nurse outfits. There's one set of non-sexy scrubs for G9 (though the pocket placement has turned me off buying it; chest pockets are useless on clothing for people with breasts; those versions need waist-level pockets, and the pants were short on pockets, too), but all the outfits specified as "nurse" uniforms... um, yeah, no. We don't actually dress like that. Ever. For oh so many reasons.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,385

lilweep said:

one day people will realise its easier to just pay the marvelous designer tax and have any outfit you want https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/g1w5P/baseball-uniform-marvelous-designer-clo-3d-project-obj

Yes well, but that's assuming that people will also somehow magically find the time to learn that program and then create and rig the garments. Easier said that done. I'm struggling to find myself even some little render time during the week.

• ElorElor Posts: 698

tsroemi said:

Yes well, but that's assuming that people will also somehow magically find the time to learn that program and then create and rig the garments. Easier said that done. I'm struggling to find myself even some little render time during the week.

There is also the $280 per year subscription.

• dirtriderdirtrider Posts: 19

I bought the bundle, mainly for the glove (beggars can't be choosers), and while the quality is top notch and the concept (actually has a number system) is there, the actual style is high and to the outside.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586

...yeah, this new "uniform" seems about on par with the old Touchdown Star and Touchdown Baby ones for Gen 4.

There used to be a realistic baseball uni here for M3 many years ago, but it was expensive, something like 44$ and has since been discontinued. . Don't know why someone can't come out with a realistic but generic one like the Big Game Outfit for G8M.

• KerseyKersey Posts: 46

This unisex problem has nothing to do with either Daz or vendors. It's all thanks to the users. If you want less female lingerie, then stop buying them, and buy more unisex or male items instead. Vendors need a salary for food and rent, and makes items that sells. There are several vendors who tried to create items for both male and female characters and most of them says that female items sells way better.

It's not an easy thing to change, but you have to understand the vendors situation too.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 173

Kersey said:

This unisex problem has nothing to do with either Daz or vendors. It's all thanks to the users. If you want less female lingerie, then stop buying them, and buy more unisex or male items instead.

Already doing that. Unfortunately my one limited budget doesn't cancel out the folk with lots of money who prefer skimpwear.

I get the vendor situation, I really do. We all have bills to pay. It's just frustrating when you're trying to do something intended for more everyday realism and you're (clearly) in the minority.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,486

SilverGirl said:

Kersey said:

This unisex problem has nothing to do with either Daz or vendors. It's all thanks to the users. If you want less female lingerie, then stop buying them, and buy more unisex or male items instead.

Already doing that. Unfortunately my one limited budget doesn't cancel out the folk with lots of money who prefer skimpwear.

I get the vendor situation, I really do. We all have bills to pay. It's just frustrating when you're trying to do something intended for more everyday realism and you're (clearly) in the minority.

I think many here at the forums would prefer everyday realism, so it must be the silent majority that never reads the forums that is after the skimpwear 

• KerseyKersey Posts: 46

Yes, and that's why I said it's not an easy thing to change. You need a lot of people changing their buying behaviour from skimpy female clothes to more everyday unisex clothes. 

I'm not buying poor quality items 'to show my support' for male garments. I've been a customer here for 20 years now and tried that approach, it didn't work. When something for men looks realistic,  I buy it. When it's not - which is the more often the case - I don't. There's stuff for Michael 4 that looks more like real world garments than we have seen made for G9. 

Stuff that's easier to make gets made more because of the model of the Daz marketplace - new things every day, most every day of the week at low prices. Things that take longer have a lower ROI, and men's garments take longer to make.