The Definitive Well That Didn’t Go As Planned Thread

Thought it would be a good idea to have a post where people could post images with errors or problems so that the developers could see them. This might help them in fixing issues that come up. So far I've seen mangled hands and not quite right facial features. 

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,779

You mean like this? Not only does she have a bad arm/leg mutation thing going on but she's a she. The prompt was for a fit man in a white swimsuit. surprise

dazai_3acd2b02-f7a6-11ee-9b35-7d4410e2f198.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,362

I asked for a quick game of Horsehoes...

LOL! Interesting ... games ... it came up with there.

Asked for a cat, got this building instead. And also, from another batch, a kitty with bad eyes and some sort of bizarre puffed up monstrosity impersonating his tail. Fun, what? 

dazai_1b2184fc-f516-11ee-8f57-8de68b29fa88.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    dazai_b7849140-f2d2-11ee-8f50-8de68b29fa88.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
  • creed2003creed2003 Posts: 66

Prompt: Miss Piggy and Kermit as Viking Warriors. 

Funny but I don't remember Kermit having ears like that. 

dazai_1a1480e6-f84f-11ee-86f1-839ee3fbe9f2.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M

ROFL! Not Kermie! That's the heretofore unknown offspring of Miss Piggy's dad and Kermit's mom. Oh noes! Now they can't romance because secret half/step siblings!!! broken heart

Ok, I have one I can't post because it violates the TOS but Daz AI Studio made it. It's a picture of a woman in lingerie but Daz AI forgot to give her, um, bottoms. She has a bare tush! Oops! 

Prompt: Woman striking a pose wearing white lace lingerie 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,582

creed2003 said:

Ok, I have one I can't post because it violates the TOS but Daz AI Studio made it. It's a picture of a woman in lingerie but Daz AI forgot to give her, um, bottoms. She has a bare tush! Oops! 

Prompt: Woman striking a pose wearing white lace lingerie 

LOL, haven't had one of those mishaps yet. I had one earlier that was almost perfect. Native American warriors on horses in a grassy field. It was perfect than I noticed the lead horse had...........6 legs DOH!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,087

A rare sighting of the endangered twin tailed bipedal cat:

Prompt: "Woman piloting a spacecraft crash lands and is savaged by a house cat."

richardandtracy said:

A rare sighting of the endangered twin tailed bipedal cat:

Prompt: "Woman piloting a spacecraft crash lands and is savaged by a house cat."

LOL!  

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,330

DazAI 'understands' German quite well (presumably it has an AI translation module), but unfortunately it completely missed the mark here. I wanted a dark purple wall with golden dots... But this rococo pen is pretty too, isn't it? 

IMG_1297.png
    1152 x 896 - 1M
  • generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 504
    edited April 14

Connecting arms to legs or rope to the tail of an animal and so one are in the nature of the algorithm (sorry :p / attempted pseudo rant).

I don't think it can actually go away with the current layout of networks. Typically maybe, you'd have cheating in commercial products, at best. Like filtering and iterative technique, post-processing or even detection (both of which might be seen as iterative, likely using something like inpainting).

It won't be solved, until the systems at the core (and it would be different beasts) can actually do some grammar, linked to structure of the image, and similar to what's used or discussed on biometric detection with  cameras, it'll need to have a structured approach to the image as well, i.e. iterative/recursive zones and parts. Grammar needn't match perfectly to the "structuring" of or within images, however i feel it's kind of necessary.

Wooden beams extend, arms extend, legs extend, sometines they connect, and so on, it's merely a statistical fact. Grammar-ability would answer so many questions, but it sort of means, that the systems has to have some understanding of what it is doing, which simply isn't the case with the upscaling-based type of algorithm. At best you have something dream-ish, and perhaps put it this way: have you ever bothered about the number of fingers, people or animals you have encountered in a dream actually have, except for the rare instances of dreams, where it's the main topic? Statistically, probably.... never before?

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

FirstBastion said:

You're lucky you only got a hint of a barn, and not a herd of Clydesdales and an exhausted groom running out of the correct size to fit Gladiator!

I'm not sure how forgiving these things are around misspellings and other ambiguities.

Roman_K2 said:

FirstBastion said:

You're lucky you only got a hint of a barn, and not a herd of Clydesdales and an exhausted groom running out of the correct size to fit Gladiator!

I'm not sure how forgiving these things are around misspellings and other ambiguities.

I see your point.  My post here does indeed have a spelling mistake,  but if you look at the pic posted,  the prompt used had "horseshoes" spelled correctly.  It does seem that some topics are just not well understood by the AI,  but mis-spelled words, do get a quick spellcheck fairly often. Not surprising cause spellchecking was probably one of the first AI functions.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869
    edited April 15

Could not resist, so below is what I got with prompt:

a herd of Clydesdales and an exhausted groom running out of the correct size to fit Gladiator

Herd07.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 512K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,169
    edited April 15

My prompt was Cinderella in red ballgown water-skiing pulled by airboat.

Her dress is questionable, her arms and legs are a mess, the boat is not an airboat, the boat steering goes through her body, she is not water-skiing, she is not pulled by any boat, although her boat is maybe pulling something else. FAIL.

dazai_Cinderella water-skiing.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited April 15

My prompt was 3 month old baby girl in diaper sleeping in bassinet in nursery with sun streaming in window.

It is almost good, but I got two babies and there is no diaper. Someone else pointed out the Daz AI can't count. Yup, they were right.

Daz AI 3 month old baby girl in diaper sleeping in bassinet in nursery with sun streaming in window.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

The basinette also only has legs on the camera side. The legs on the far side stop before the basinette.

Regards,

Richard

edited April 16

I thought I'd try again with the prompt "Woman piloting a spacecraft crash lands and is savaged by a house cat." to see what happened with two different seed values, incrementing the seed value by 1 each time.

Image 1:

Problem: No cat that I can see. Impressed with the wreckage. Character looks a bit odd sticking her tounge out.

Image 2

Impressed with spacecraft. There is a cat. Somehow, I don't think it understands 'Savaged', which is probably just as well, as I don't think that kitty could savage a mouse letalone a pilot. Character appears to be on fire, which I hadn't intended. Cat's rear right leg looks as if the paw is pointing sideways. Wings of spacecraft appear to be at 45 degrees to the axis of the fuselage cockpit windows. There is no reason not to do this with a space-only spacecraft, but it  looks odd.

I'm going to keep at this term over time to see how the AI develops and changes the images.

Regards,

Richard

dazai_810d1194-fb30-11ee-86f5-839ee3fbe9f2.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    dazai_ab658b60-fb30-11ee-a758-a702dcdfccf3.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87
    edited April 16

Was fooling around with the free version, got this with IIRC something similar to this prompt

Cute cat girl, long ears, long red hair, sitting in front of a desk looking at a laptop. A cat is sleeping on the desk. Behind her you can see the sun setting through a window

ED spiilng

dazai_59e4c56c-fbda-11ee-86f7-839ee3fbe9f2.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by Andrew_C on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,739
    edited April 16

Andrew_C said:

Was fooling around with the free version, got this with IIRC something similar to this prompt

Cute cat girl, long ears, long red hair, sitting in front of a desk looking at a laptop. A cat is sleeping on the desk. Behind her you can see the sun setting through a window

ED spiilng

This was the best of 8 generated

dazai_Cute cat girl, long ears, long red hair, sitting in front of a desk looking at a laptop.png
    1152 x 896 - 1M
    Cat x 8.png
    956 x 538 - 571K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited April 16

creed2003 said:

Prompt: Miss Piggy and Kermit as Viking Warriors. 

Funny but I don't remember Kermit having ears like that. 

Got 1 result out of 8 generated, the other 7 were shockers ......

dazai_Miss Piggy and Kermit as Viking Warriors.png
    1152 x 896 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 87
    edited April 16

Bunyip02 said:

Andrew_C said:

ED spiilng

Ooh, now thats more like what I was thinking. But I especially like number 4

Post edited by Andrew_C on

Bunyip02 said:

Top right looks like most likely to happen in reality...

Regards,

Richard 

edited April 16

Just had to give it a go.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,330
    edited April 16

A masterpiece: 'Dynamic free skating of a figure skater'...

IMG_1334.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by caravelle on

richardandtracy said:

The basinette also only has legs on the camera side. The legs on the far side stop before the basinette.

Regards,

Richard

Oops. I didn't even notice that. It looks dangerous.

caravelle said:

Ouch .....

FirstBastion said:

Just had to give it a go.

LOL!!!

caravelle said:

Yikes! That does look rather painful. Maybe the best fail yet.