Wagner 9

2»

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,021

Thank you both! LOL, who knew that my 8th decade would be taken up by wishing I had studied Law, regardless of folks telling me a woman couldn't do it. 

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 326
    edited June 27

As far as I can tell, only "BW Night Hero Spandex Suit for Genesis 9" is under the editorial license.  I hate the idea of paying for stuff I can't use but it's only one item and I love most of the bundle so I'll deal with it.  I'm annoyed that the dark elf doesn't come with the extra long eyebrows like you get in the Lianna bundle and the tail in the demon pack looks very nice but I wish it had morphs.  If anyone is into D&D or Baldur's Gate 3, the full bundle will be useful for making Tieflings.

Post edited by Crescent on
  • ShadowdreamShadowdream Posts: 52

Not just uncanny. Almost precisely taken from the action figure (which is really close to all the official art).

This is honestly getting to be a bit much.

Pancake said:

Websoul said:

Drizzt Do'Urden fantasy armor.

Didnt spot that. It's uncanny too, I'm surprised it can have licenses. Im getting real uncomfortable with Daz rip offs lately... I need models for game development and do not have a full wiki in my head of existing fictional costumes!!!
    20200511_F12385L00_DD_DRIZZT_DOURDEN108398_2000x.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 890K
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

I still have my Daz+ coupon, been saving it for the final character bundle of the month, but not if there's an EL product in there. The character looks nice, and there's things that are great in the bundle, but I'll wait for a later sale and get things separately. 

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 326
    edited June 27

IMO there are several differences between the DAZ armor and the Drizzt Do'Urden fantasy armor.  The gloves are quite different, the shoulder pieces are different, the plating around the hips is different as are the boots.  The tri-ring belt is distinctive but is positioned up higher.  The tri-ring belt doesn't look like it would properly hold the weight of a sword scabbard so I'd hide it in renders anyway.  Is it "inspired by"?  Absolutely, but there are plenty of fantasy armors that look similar and in every genre there will be a lot of stuff that is close to something else if not skating near the boundary of "inspired by" and plagerized.  That said, I really don't like the Fan Art products.  IANAL but ... ick. 

Shadowdream said:

Not just uncanny. Almost precisely taken from the action figure (which is really close to all the official art).

This is honestly getting to be a bit much.

Pancake said:

Websoul said:

Drizzt Do'Urden fantasy armor.

Didnt spot that. It's uncanny too, I'm surprised it can have licenses. Im getting real uncomfortable with Daz rip offs lately... I need models for game development and do not have a full wiki in my head of existing fictional costumes!!!
    Post edited by Crescent on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,216

Please remember that we are not lawyers and should not be making statements as if we are.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,336

Well, I think I've found the base model for all those fan Dr Who renders I'd always wanted to do.

• nelsonsmith said:

Well, I think I've found the base model for all those fan Dr Who renders I'd always wanted to do.

Oh please someone do David Tennant!!!!!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

I'm sorry, but the legs on this character and many Daz O G9 figures all look too short to me.  I have no need for anything in the bundle but he has an interesting face, but I have to make the legs longer on so many G9s. Some day, maybe I'll get it on sale but I have more than enough male characters I never use anyway lol. 

• OrangeFalconOrangeFalcon Posts: 71

I love the idea of this bundle but yeah those editorial licenses are not good. Do the same thing as Tabitha and make the EL outfits very inexpensive separate products. Daz should know EL licenses are a deathknell for bundles. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

AZDigitalArtist said:

Oh please someone do David Tennant!!!!!

Would not complain.

Would.not.complain. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 708

Is it just me, or does the promo pic of blue-Wagner with the white hair look a heck of a lot like Lotor from the 80's Voltron cartoon?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I am glad to see the Nightcrawler add-on but does Wagner, who looks like the Kurt Wagner of the X-Men, look like a mix of Hiddleston and Gyllenhal or do they look similar to Kurt Wagner.

I wonder if Darwin helped on this character as it is similar in style.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

sid said:

Really like this guy! He poses so well. Shorty next to Lianna tho.

Loving your renders, specially the first one, it's adorable  heart

• sidsid Posts: 432

tsroemi said:

Thank you, tsroemi. I hope everyone can click through to the big version to see the great textures.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,864

sid said:

tsroemi said:

Thank you, tsroemi. I hope everyone can click through to the big version to see the great textures.

Thanks for the hint, and the great---as usual---renders! 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

nonesuch00 said:

I am glad to see the Nightcrawler add-on but does Wagner, who looks like the Kurt Wagner of the X-Men, look like a mix of Hiddleston and Gyllenhal or do they look similar to Kurt Wagner.

For what it's worth, what I said to someone elsewhere was that he kind of looks like the improbable love child of Hiddleston and the young Brent Spiner (Data on Star Trek DS9) -- with Jake Gyllenhaal thrown into the mix from some angles. They've all got the same sort of longish, somewhat narrow face.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

It's a shame I loved the X-Men.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 650
    edited June 29

I figured that I should snatch this up just in case a similar incident as what happened with some Star Trek themed products recently on sale....

IT'S ON MY HARDDRIVE NOW, B--FEMALE DOGS--*S!! YOU CAN HAVE IT BACK AFTER YOU PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD FINGERS!!!angry

*--precensored before Richard Haseltine could

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,015
    edited June 29

Have to wonder how this is working, there is so much well known content inspired by Star Trek, Star Wars, X-Men, Thor / Avengers, Harry Potter and a couple of well known computer game IP's as well.

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,414

Wonderland said:

I'm sorry, but the legs on this character and many Daz O G9 figures all look too short to me.  I have no need for anything in the bundle but he has an interesting face, but I have to make the legs longer on so many G9s.

Yesss!

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,721

I'd like to have a Sophia Di Martino character with a face that good.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

vwrangler said:

nonesuch00 said:

For what it's worth, what I said to someone elsewhere was that he kind of looks like the improbable love child of Hiddleston and the young Brent Spiner (Data on Star Trek DS9) -- with Jake Gyllenhaal thrown into the mix from some angles. They've all got the same sort of longish, somewhat narrow face.

Yeah, the X-Men drawing in the old comics when Kurt Wagner debuted long ago looks similar, albiet much spookier being drawn as a shadow like he was, to those fellows, particularly Hiddleston.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,673

caravelle said:

Wonderland said:

I'm sorry, but the legs on this character and many Daz O G9 figures all look too short to me.  I have no need for anything in the bundle but he has an interesting face, but I have to make the legs longer on so many G9s.

Yesss!

With Wagner, they're really crazy short, I wonder why! Also very red, no? The face is still great.