Carrara will not install on Mac (resolved)

2»

Comments

• I would like to thank de3an in the above post for succinctly explaining how to resolve the totally frustrating problem of Carrara quiting as soon as you click on "Did you know panel". I had come across other references to deleting the preferences but nobody went into an explanation as to how to do it.  I searched for the Carrara preferences but could never find them..As  de3an explains ..they are hidden.  I now have Carrara working again ..thanks to de3an.

Starboard

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

could you please change the thread to,. ..i got it working ,thanks De3an,. or resolved.

User preference files are normally hidden to prevent users from deleting them. ...that applies to Mac and PC,.  

i'm glad you got it working

• 3DAGE,

I have no idea how to change the thread name.  I thought of starting a whole new thread but I thought the title of this one "Carrara will not install on Mac" was best and would come up in the seach engine for those who have a problem similar to mine.  In the future I think I will put in a more descriptive title. I had not realized how important the title was for the search engine which others will use who have a similar problem.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2017

Click on the gear icon at the top right, the one next to the little star,   you should then see an option to edit from the drop down. However this only works if you are the "owner" of the thread, ie it was you who started it.

However I (or one of the other members of the Forum Team) can add "resolved to the title if it is requested?

Starboard said:

3DAGE,

I have no idea how to change the thread name.  I thought of starting a whole new thread but I thought the title of this one "Carrara will not install on Mac" was best and would come up in the seach engine for those who have a problem similar to mine.  In the future I think I will put in a more descriptive title. I had not realized how important the title was for the search engine which others will use who have a similar problem.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Thanks Chohole,

I changed the name. It should help future searches.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited February 2017
    Starboard said:

Thanks Chohole,

I changed the name. It should help future searches.

so you and Rix are the same person?

I am so confused (says she who just keeps changing her one username)

you were msteaka heart

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Yes..Teaka  was the name of my dog (she was the color of teak wood. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

How do I change my username?  I think I want to change my username to Hewhoshallnotbedeleted.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    diomede said:

How do I change my username?  I think I want to change my username to Hewhoshallnotbedeleted.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thank you!

• dammit Diomede I am not going to know who anyone is and only have myself to blame blush

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

wot?  name changes??

tee hee

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited February 2017

better than Mistyrearus

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

better than Mistyrearus

thats my dinosaur name  lol