TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Oooh..... is this lake or stream/river.... up North?  Am doing some 'Doggerland' stuff right now (the people and animals actually) and this looks helpful for when it was a proper land with freshwater areas and hills. I have been working with your End of Tracks this way as well and can see some merging ahead.  Sadly, am having to do my own Creswell Crags LOL (hint hint).The cliffs aren't hard, it's the braided river from the palaeolithic that's really hard. Hello heighmaps... they are my friend.

heart Silene

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited July 2018

It's based on Stair Hole in Dorset. smiley

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Looks great TA!  You continue to inspire.

I know that place!  Wish I was there now instead of not watching England go to penalties.... angry Silene

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    SileneUK said:

I know that place!  Wish I was there now instead of not watching England go to penalties.... angry Silene

It's OK, you can breathe again!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

not talking anything cricket or soccer ...... hang on ... Finchy just broke his own world record... yes

looks good @TangoAlpha ... 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

It's based on Stair Hole in Dorset. smiley

wonderous!!!

edited July 2018
    Shark5.jpg
    1800 x 1000 - 2M
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

Cliffs & rocks sculpted in Mudbox, pebbles, gorse and grass made in Carrara, sea foam effect made in Carrara (replicators), base layers made in Modo. So multi-tools wink
    First time of making a high-res mesh for baking in Substance painter too (the high res versions of those cliffs are around 15 million polys!)

I do have to admit, I love Iray for rendering!

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Gorgeous work, Tim! Seems like I feel the smell of grass and hear the whisper of waves. Congratulations!

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109

Wow - arch cove looks great

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I plunked a G2F on the beach and have a render going.  Will post when it finishes.  Curious, the translate arrows don’t seem to work when I add scene elements like figures or lights.  However, I can still translate with the numbers in the properties menu.  I’ve tried turning on and off collision detection and constraints.  Oddly, the rotate gizmo still works.  Any other thoughts on what could be causing this?  Not catastrophic, just inconvenient.

I changed the realistic sky settings.  As the render develops it seems I may have set the atmospheric haze a little on the high side (maybe a lot). I will still post the render when it finishes.

Creature from the Black Lagoon renders will have to wait until after the challenge deadline.  I will need the ‘puter to try finish up my ideas.

edited July 2018

here it is - sorry about the blank expession and the eyes in shadow, but this really about the environment.  Content includes TA's new set, Ysabeau for G2F, Harlow hair, and Cabana swimsuit.  Click to see full size.  Creature from Black Lagoon to be added later.

Arch Cove Sandy ysabeau 2.jpg
    2000 x 1111 - 273K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Congrats on the launch - another wonderful set from you!

Cheers, Tim!  Fantastic... just got it today, hope to play after grandson is born. Love the selections of seas!  yes  Silene

SileneUK said:

Cheers, Tim!  Fantastic... just got it today, hope to play after grandson is born. Love the selections of seas!  yes  Silene

Ooh, that's exciting - let us know when!

SileneUK said:

woohoo!

best to all your growing family.  heart

edited March 2019

Sneak peek. Rendered in DS, but 100% modelled in Carrara . . .

Camera12.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Very cool, TA! yes

Looks lovely!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Looking great :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

We have places just like that where I live.

I see the telltale leaves of the weeping willow. Funny thing. A friend of mine cut a bunch of that wood for burning in his firepit. While the split wood was stacked in a neat pile to dry, it began to grow roots and branches, then leaves! Crazy!

Willow is not a good wood to burn, but it breaks and falls all over the place here, and we have to clean it up. So he thought he'd make use of it - which he still did ;)

Yeah, the slightest breeze and they shed branches all over. But iconic trees to see around ponds and rivers.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

If you stick it in water with leaff of a plant you want to grow, the rooting hormone in the willow will help it to grow.

The wife does that with her violets and the willow sticks.

Looks great

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

If you stick it in water with leaff of a plant you want to grow, the rooting hormone in the willow will help it to grow.

The wife does that with her violets and the willow sticks.

does it work with cricket bats

Good looking scene TangoAlpha

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Looking great !!!

edited March 2019

aaand a Carrara render. . . wink

CA_Camera12b.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M