TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

yup, plenty of space in back . . . .

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the water fall can be used with Fluidos?

thought i read somewhere someone did a simulation.  but can't find the post cool

i torn between watering hole and soggy bottom.

It was built with Fluidos, but the simulation files were far to big to include with the product. Plus it's chronically slow to simulate (literally weeks!) I haven't tried to recreate it in v2 (life's too short, etc). Render time is pretty decent tho.

And of course, Soggy Bottom is simply divine (maybe take a towel...)

Meanwhile, WH also makes an appearance on an ad hoarding in an upcoming set... wink

tt_cam1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M

Thanks.

tho i'm having trouble getting to my cart  502 errors all afternoon

edited February 2020

rules of acquisition number 1, get the 20 percents gc off first.  tee hee soggy bottom, makes me think a baby needs a fresh nappy  lol

i'm confused by the d/l folder structure.  not what i'm used to seeing.

confused.JPG
    805 x 384 - 38K
    Post edited by Mistara on

exploring the soggy bottom smiley

sb5.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    sb4.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    sb2.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    sb1.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I see your Soggy Bottom (most excellent), and I raise you one End of the Tracks.

End Of The Tracks camera 7 zoom 01.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 221K

Be careful wily coyote not up to shennanigans

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

It was built with Fluidos, but the simulation files were far to big to include with the product. Plus it's chronically slow to simulate (literally weeks!) I haven't tried to recreate it in v2 (life's too short, etc). Render time is pretty decent tho.

And of course, Soggy Bottom is simply divine (maybe take a towel...)

Meanwhile, WH also makes an appearance on an ad hoarding in an upcoming set... wink

Looking great !

edited February 2020
    Mystarra said:

Eww, that looks like it didn't install the willow leaves in the right place. You should report that...

(should be in {CA}\Data\Plants\TangoAlpha)

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • Daz... don't you just love their attention to detail?

• I've been trying and trying to get this network rendering to actually work! I can see the other computer, I can select it - but can I see any N buckets - NO!!! I've read the manual, I've experiments with the port settings... I've just given up!

• I even say that GRID was on 75% off - but I wasn't tempted as if I can't get just two machines talking using Carrara-Node. And it has to be Carrara for LuxRender can do it without a glitch!

FENgari said:

I've been trying and trying to get this network rendering to actually work! I can see the other computer, I can select it - but can I see any N buckets - NO!!! I've read the manual, I've experiments with the port settings... I've just given up!

Perhaps Wendy or Misty or @Jonstark or @Chickenman could help?

I've never tried network rendering.  Seems like an issue that we should have a thread for.  Now that I have both a desktop and a laptop, network rendering is at least theoretically possble for me.

• Diomede said:
    FENgari said:

I've been trying and trying to get this network rendering to actually work! I can see the other computer, I can select it - but can I see any N buckets - NO!!! I've read the manual, I've experiments with the port settings... I've just given up!

Perhaps Wendy or Misty or @Jonstark or @Chickenman could help?

I've never tried network rendering.  Seems like an issue that we should have a thread for.  Now that I have both a desktop and a laptop, network rendering is at least theoretically possble for me.

well I have not tried it either 

I have enough issues networking my external drives

my Win7 uses homegroups and Win10 doesn't so won't share the C drives

• I'm now seeing "N..." I'll do some testing and report back on the fixes and time saving - is it all worth it.

edited February 2020

i'd like to add a bicycle path

Mystarra said:

Eww, that looks like it didn't install the willow leaves in the right place. You should report that...

(should be in {CA}\Data\Plants\TangoAlpha)

theyll just tell me they dont support carraRaX

is more stella stuff comin down the pipeline?

enlightened

There will be an exterior for it at some point, but I'm not actively working on it yet (maybe autumn/winter). And I've got ideas for more interiors, which might come out under the Fleet Ops banner (or might not!)

There's a set coming out next week, that has more of a WWII/Cold War feel. It's an adaptation of a location that's been used in movie sets from Star Wars to Alex Rider, via Fast & Furious, Top Gear, and many others. Not specifically for Carrara, but it should adapt fairly easily. It uses UltraScattered grass, so should work with the Carrara surface replicator (tip: Noise Shaders are your friend!)

After that, several expansion packs for Howie's UltraScenery. I'm just finishing up an Ecology pack for Tangy Apple Orchard. Again not specifically useful to Carrara users, but it does include autumn textures, which you could incorporate into the Carrara set.

There will be an exterior for it at some point, but I'm not actively working on it yet (maybe autumn/winter). And I've got ideas for more interiors, which might come out under the Fleet Ops banner (or might not!)

There's a set coming out next week, that has more of a WWII/Cold War feel. It's an adaptation of a location that's been used in movie sets from Star Wars to Alex Rider, via Fast & Furious, Top Gear, and many others. Not specifically for Carrara, but it should adapt fairly easily. It uses UltraScattered grass, so should work with the Carrara surface replicator (tip: Noise Shaders are your friend!)

After that, several expansion packs for Howie's UltraScenery. I'm just finishing up an Ecology pack for Tangy Apple Orchard. Again not specifically useful to Carrara users, but it does include autumn textures, which you could incorporate into the Carrara set.

Thanks for the update.  I did some simple experiments with UltraScenery.  Howie has a winner there.  Glad you are expanding it.  Will keep an eye out for your other sets.  I haven't tried to adapt a Daz Studio set that uses significant instancing to Carrara yet.  Putting the concept on my list.

The instancing with the upcoming set is just grass, so it's easy to find and remove. For Carrara, there's a base layer of plain grass (crank the replicators to max!), then tufted grasses and flowers overlaid on top - that's where the noise functions come in.

Lots of things instanced all over the place are much more effort to deal with though.

edited July 2020

i dont mind tweaking shaders laugh

any goodies coming out for march madness sales?

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Hello @TangoAlpha I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of your work. I've bought a decent number of your scenes now for use in my 3d animations, including the excellent Medieval hall and garden. Plus I have more waiting in my wishlist. We have an overlap in interest and I was wondering if you were planning to do any more contemporary scenes for city centers? I would love to see some of your work for UK Art Deco Tube entrances for example.

This set Modular Transit Terminus is already proving it's worth and some frontages to go with it would be ace. So many wonderful unique examples to be seen on the London Underground.

Anyway I've only just discovered this thread and will be following it with interest from now on. 

edited February 2021

I've got a wip that's loosely based around a street, in Shoreditch. There will be a tube entrance in that ('fantasy' as there isn't one in real life). It's still very much wip though, with no completion date on it. (it's not a small set!!)

Misty, I have some sets working their way through QA, they're addons for UltraScednery though, so not specifically suited to Carrara. They're not flagged for March Madness, but I expect they'll drop during March, so... 

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

@TangoAlpha, great to hear that UltraScenery compatible stuff is in the pipeline.  I think Howie's UltraScatter Pro and UltraScenery help make Studio feel less alien to my Carrara-based mindset. 

Are you familiar with the Alienator Pro script by Code 66?  It supposedly facilitates substituting one set of props for another in an instanced scene, such as UltraScenery.  So in theory I could take grass from Jackson's field, trees from Hemlock Folly, and an apple tree from the Orchard set, and plug them in UltraScenery.  Have you tried it?  If so, does it require significantly more tweaking than I just described?  Key word is significantly.    https://www.daz3d.com/alienator-pro

Keep up the great work.  

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@TangoAlpha - A street in Shoreditch sounds right up my street! Great stuff.

My own Redbridge Tube Station is a good example of the genre, and Chiswick Park Station is a fantastic example of one sharing with the overhead railway lines. You'll have your own favourites of course.

A lot of the closest stations that I can see around there are not of that vintage look, so if you go for it it will be a fantasy as you say, but surely the better look from an artistic point of view. Especially if you are going for that classic brick look amongst the modern buildings. 

Anyway I shall monitor in case you take the project further. Cheers.

even if you using uwrap in ds sets, we have the plugin to handle it. 

my favorite features is the modelled leaves.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Shoreditch looks like a busy place on Google Earth smiley