TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

This band deserve a bigger audience!  Great images, as I am fresh from going to a gig last night.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited April 2016

Funnily enough, I was at this very theatre earlier this week. BTW, this is what the entrance looks like from the outside! (excuse the cruddy phonecam picture)

IMG_0112.jpg
    765 x 1024 - 244K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

That's just awesome! :)

What a great looking venue!  Where is it?

Abingdon, about 10 miles south of Oxford. It was originally the exchequer & wine cellars for the abbey (most of which was destroyed in the Dissolution). Dates to about the 13th century. You'll see more of it soon ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Anticipation!  It is making me wait.  Looks like a great set to add to my collection.

You'll see more of it soon ;)

edited April 2016

*Tease* wink This is a test render of the undercroft/wine cellar. Still a little way to go before the set's finished though.

Undercroft-Test.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 608K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

So will the rest of the set be released separately from the stage/main-room section? Will the undercroft and church shell be designed to wrap around the rest of it?

It looks like some very impressive work. And also quite a lot of work!

Both sets stand on their own, although there is a door would take you from one to the other. :)

All the world's a stage,
    And the men and women merely Genesis 3;
    They have  their exits and their entrances,
    And Lee 7 in his time plays many parts . . .

A kingdom for a stage! George HD to act, and Victoria 7 to behold the, um, swelling scene . . .

Think, when we talk of Daz_Horses that you see them, planting their proud pixels in the receiving earth . . .

What better way to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death than with a shakespearian-syle stage?
    Two styles of proscenium - rustic wood and faux marble, working curtains, working trapdoors, fully rigged modern theatre lighting. A balcony  for the legendary balcony scene. stage manager and lighting desks. Or why not ditch the pillars and the chairs, and hold a rock concert? Yeah man!

Out now for Daz Studio, Daz Studio Iray and Carrara. http://www.daz3d.com/rustic-theatre

Looks great - the backstage areas add extra opportunities for images too!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Very nice! Congratulations on another fine set!

How many does it seat? About 90 to 100?

Kind of off topic, but you said you've been on the stage many times there. As an actor or musician? I'm always looking to cast my next play. So if you're ever in north-central Wisconsin, let me know. ;-)

It's licensed for 93, although there are a couple of seats along the side that often get taken out, because they have a rather too good a view into the wings.

Answering your other question: as an actor (I am to music as a cat is to formation aerobatics - capable to a limited degree until hitting the ground!). We've done everything there from Shakespeare to Pratchett, Stoppard to Wertenbaker, and all points in between. I'm also well versed in the art of stage management and yelling at people to keep quiet ;)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I like! Unfortunately I just bought my weekly cartful last night, so this is in my wishlist For Later.

edited April 2016

Tim, love your sets, and love this one.  Have a minor quibble about installation.  I am on a windows machine.  The DIM installer put the files in DAZ/Carrara8.5/Presets/Rustic_Theatre/  with the textures in DAZ/Carrara8.5/Presets/Rustic_Theatre/Textures.  But our Carrara content tab has folders for scenes and objects, not direct preset folders.  As a result, the default DIM install does not show any folders in the scene or object tab on my Windows machine.  Copying the Carrara file to the scene folder results in Carrara not finding the textures upon initial load. 

If I understand correctly, the vendors are not necessarily in control of this kind of thing, but thought you should be aware.  I'm sure I won't be the only Windows using Carrara person having trouble finding the files.  Fortunately, I could use DIM to track them down.  You might want to send a note to Daz when you bring forth future sets (and I hope you have more because these are great).

To whomever happens along.  I was able to copy the files to a location I could use and eventually tell Carrara where the textures were, so don't interpret this post as saying it does not work in Carrara on Windows.  But Daz should fix the default DIM installation in an update.

EDIT: I submitted a support ticket so hopefully they can get it sorted out quickly.

EDIT 2: and here is proof that I could load the set.

rustic theater wip.jpg
    800 x 480 - 36K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Thanks for the heads up. The zip I submitted had everything in the /Scenes/Rustic_Theatre subfolder, so Daz must have moved it themselves when they built the installer. Hopefully they'll sort it out quickly.

(mind you, even some of Howie's sets have been, let's say, "imaginitively located")

edited April 2016

Yeah, I've had to track down Carrara content before.  Not just Howie. But I do like using DIM even though stuff might end up in a funky place because there is a "show installed files" function.

Here is a screen grab of the default DIM install file location.

Dim Default Install.JPG
    787 x 864 - 148K
    Post edited by Diomede on

If you move the .car file, you should move the /Textures folder along with it, since it's expecting the relative path (shouldn't matter where you put it, as long as Textures is the next level down - I usually test on a different machine in a completely different folder structure - great for spotting the odd texture "borrowed" from a different project!)

BTW, in Carrara, the stage left and stage right 'tab' (TabL1, TabL2, TabR1, TabR2) lights are set to project gobos (in the Gel channel) onto the opposite wall . . . smiley

Not exactly sure how the support tickets work but copying here just for people that might also experience an install issue.  I essentially copied and pasted my comments above about the default DIM file locations.  This is my help ticket number and the related part of the interim response.  As a (hopefully temporary) solution, Daz is saying that the Smart content load should work in Carrara even if the regular scene and object browser files are not appearing.  One reason that I don't find Smart content a perfect solution is that I only see two loads, regular and Iray.  But, I presume that the shaders for the default Carrara load may be optimized slightly differently from the shaders for the default Studio load which might be different than Iray.  If so, then there sould be 3 loads, not 2.  I've attached a screenshot of the contents of the Smart content folder for Rustic Theater.  I also included the request support number so people can see if it gets updated in the future.

Request #217696

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass this along. Additionally, you should be able to see all the props and textures for this product under Smart Content.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

smart content rustic theater icons.JPG
    1901 x 997 - 259K

The smart content icons are all .duf files, and so DS materials which will almost certainly need tweaking. The .car file uses shaders built from scratch and optimised for Carrara.

There is an update working its way through QA, so hopefully the issue should get sorted, although I can't give an indication of when.

I'm sure it will all get sorted out.  Hate to draw extra attention to Tim on this because it is a generic DIM install issue when Daz's DIM spreads .car files around.  I think if we make an effort to report the issue we can make sure that all of those amazing Howie, Mmoir, Tim, Dart, and other sets get installed where we have easy access to them. 

If I can think of a way to submerge the rustic theatre under water, maybe I will change my entry for this month's challenge.  It is a great set.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Tango, All look great. I've added all your products to wishlist... since I'm on a budget now.

edited May 2016

Coming soon to a store near you . . . Medieval Hall and Garden for Carrara and Daz Studio. Includes long gallery/undergallery, exchequer/undercroft plus garden, courtyard, mill stream and props.

03-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1009K
    05-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    08-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    09-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    13-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1013K
    15-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    17-Medieval-Hall-and-Garden-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M

Tango - that looks like a stunning set and an instant "must buy"!

Cheers Phil laugh

In real life, a doorway just to the left of the big fireplace in pic 4 takes you into the back of the theatre...

I sense a bundle coming on!

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175

Impressive !

Any idea about weight/render time ?

Thanks Philemo. I think it's pretty lightweight, considering the size of the set. I don't use more polys than I need, if I can help it, and being built in Carrara, it's pretty well optimised in terms of duplicates, replicators etc. (the DS version makes pretty good use of instances too). Everything's modular & grouped hierarchically, so you can turn off pretty much anything that's not in frame, should you need or want to.

And you can still turn up the replicators if you want more plants, thicker grass etc. :)

In terms of render times - depends on your settings, image size, lighting, inside vs outside etc., but like for like it renders as fast as you'd expect. I render generally at 1920x1080 or 1600x1000, and while I didn't time them, I didn't find myself itching that they hadn't finished. (hope that helps)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Coming soon to a store near you . . . Medieval Hall and Garden for Carrara and Daz Studio. Includes long gallery/undergallery, exchequer/undercroft plus garden, courtyard, mill stream and props.

<squee>

I'm sure I saw the ruins of this place featured in a repeat of Time Team (a UK archaeology TV series) the other week... 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

we need a Baldrick morph for M4...... wink