TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    Stezza said:

we need a Baldrick morph for M4...... wink

He would need a turnip model...

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

TangoAlpha, I'm drooling... it will be mine also. :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    PhilW said:
    Stezza said:

we need a Baldrick morph for M4...... wink

He would need a turnip model...

as long as it doesn't cost 400,000 pounds... I don't have the pound symbol only the $ one... which could equate to an $800,000AU turnip with haggling cool

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Very very soon now . . . laugh

It looks terrific!

• nice work, bought that and the farm ... well no I didnt plough it with my plane ... regards headwax

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Beautiful set. Thank you.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Nice set but just a point in the listing it only says it is Studio and note Carrara but if you look at what is included it has the CAR file.

Thanks Chickenman. I've fired off an email to the Daz peeps letting them know, so hopefully it'll get sorted soon.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307

This is absolutely beautiful! And it's such a huge set, so many nooks and crannies and points of view.
    Now I just have to justify to myself (or at least to my wallet) why I absolutely need it - but since it gives 20% off the Ivan 7 Bundle, I'm almost there...

4 big rooms, all totally different, arches, a rickety winding staircase, hidden rowboat dock, courtyard, garden, stream, 2 bridges, a bazillion different camera angles . . . And bluebells. Where else are you going to find bluebells at this time of year? wink

I have a camera-SD-card-full of bluebells from last month (but they are only 2D) because they are one of my favourite flowers. I now have your 3D ones waiting to download - my connection seems a bit slow tonight, but I hope I'll get to try them soon - and those big rooms, arches, .... as well of course! I'm looking forward to that smiley I didn't realise till I saw the list in my DIM that there was a Carrara file too - that's a nice little bonus.

Yes, Carrara was originally left off the compatible software list on the store page, but that's fixed now. I had hoped the set would be in the store before the bluebells were over (at least in this part of the world), but it wasn't to be.

This is a render I did ages ago, on what I refer to as my "practice set". There's around 50,000 bluebells in that image!

Wow, that's beautiful.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Wow! TangoAlpha the new Medieval hall and Garden set looks terrific - excellent work!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Ah   now I know that there is a Carrara version,  which I can work with, This has jumped into my cart.   (just for the bluebells of course)  

Does anyone know where it installs the CAR file?

All I could find were the studio versions under Smart content.

I guess I will manually install the Car so I know where it is.

It's in /Scenes under the main Carrara program folder (this is the standard place for store-bought Carrara content). File->Open Preset will show it, or you can add the /Scenes folder to the Scenes tab in your browser tray, and all your store-bought native content will show there.

(On a Mac you'll need to Show Package Contents on the Carrara program, and make an alias for the browser, since that location is sandboxed and protected by the OS)

Thanks I will try to find it tonight.

I did pull up the Duf vesion last night so I could have a look around and it is awesome.

edited June 2016

Here is a test render from the medieval hall and garden.

I added a monk to the default scene and used outdore camera 8.

medeval hall and garden.jpg
    1728 x 1080 - 247K
    Post edited by chickenman on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    Fenric said:
    Ah   now I know that there is a Carrara version,  which I can work with, This has jumped into my cart.   (just for the bluebells of course)  

Oh wow... bluebells. Worth every penny... makes Leave/Remain so much easier to deal with.  Well done lad!

xx  heart Silene

Life isn't so hard when you've got bluebells! smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited June 2016

Coming soon to a store near you . . . Medieval Hall and Garden for Carrara and Daz Studio. Includes long gallery/undergallery, exchequer/undercroft plus garden, courtyard, mill stream and props.

Yikes, man!!! Absolutely amazing!!! Love this!!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

There are so many places to look at in this thing.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Fantastic!  Just must have it. Will have to wait though til I can start spending again.

These are WIPs for an update to http://www.daz3d.com/hemlock-folly Oh, I should mention these are all DS renders in 3Delight. HowieFarkes has a new script in the works, called UltraScatter, which gives DS instances near-Carrara levels of power - and it's awesome! (there are around 14,000 mixed grass patch instances on that lawn in the 2nd picture)

Gonna have to up the game for the Carrara version now!

Images are 1080p, so click to see them full size.

Look good can't wait for the update.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Wow.....  surpriseyes  Silene

I have to say that those look really good, especially as they as DS!  They really don't look like DS renders at all. I'll have to watch out for Howie's script - nice that you have managed to get early access to it.