Converting Poser Dynamic clothing

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

oh appologies rewatched is indeed decent

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Nice work, Andy, that outfit really makes the most dynamics!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited March 2016

Wendy :) she has, blue ones,. but tiny

I'll try some big bloomers next time.. :)

Post edited by 3DAGE on

thanks Phil :)

I'm reworking the dress to make it more flappy , and perhap adjust the underwear,.

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    fool said:

oh appologies rewatched is indeed decent

Oh, thank God! Now I can breathe!

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

I continually follow threads like this in hopes of one day being able to understand what I am reading, but so far, have had little luck. lol

So am I reading it right that there is a script in DS that can turn any fabric dynamic now? Or did I read that wrong?

• aspinaspin Posts: 219

You need Optitex plugin + DynCreator + this script to use and animate dynamic Poser clothes in DS and export it to Carrara.

I don't want to export to Carrara, though. I just want more dynamic clothing options in Daz, and if I can turn conforming clothing to dynamics in DS or use Poser dynamic clothing in DS, I'm all for that.  Is that possible?

I already have the Optitex plugin. Where do I get the DynCreator? What version of DS do I need to have?

Have a look on the Renderosity market and I think you will find what you want.

Now this is why I watch these threads that are usually waaay over my head. Thanks, guys :D

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

No poblem at all DUDU, thanks for the info.  I see now that you have to fire up Poser to do it?  I only have a very old version of Poser (V5) so I doubt it will work in my case, but at least it is possible.  I also ran across a method to convert clothes to Optitex dynamic that is in Daz studio and Carrara (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2879971) anyone ever try that?  I am wondering how either methods compare, but my bet is the Poser conversion will work better. 

No... don't let that stop you! Poser 5 has an excellent dynamic cloth room! I did a lot of experimenting with that back before I had Carrara. I've even exported some clothing that was "conforming" into OBJ files, then brought them back into Poser and use the cloth tols to set it up as Dynamic. Poser then recognizes what it is when we save it to the library after it's all set up. Really fun stuff! Even if you plan on upgrading, but cannot just yet... break out good ol' Poser 5 and drape some cloth!

I LOVE THE TOOL!!! 

I was very surprised to see how little DynCreator was selling for considering what it was advertising to be able to do. I read all of the reviews and re-read the product info, thinking, 'it can't be this easy or inexpensive'. So ... I bought it, opened the 4-page tutorial, downloaded a freebie poser dynamic item, and voila! A wonderfully draped poser dynamic in Daz. I am so happy for this thread.

Thanks, guys. :D

So ... I bought it, opened the 4-page tutorial, downloaded a freebie poser dynamic item, and voila! A wonderfully draped poser dynamic in Daz. I am so happy for this thread.

Hi, WillowRaven. Which 4 page tutorial are you referring to? Is it on the Renderosity site? Is it a PDF file? Thanks.

It's a file that comes with the product, in the zip file. There are actually three separate tuts for different circumstances. The one I needed was only 4 pages and very easy to understand.

Just to add that,. rather than using "Poser" dynamic clothing,. i'm making clothing models in Carrara,. then exporting as OBJ to Daz studio,. and using the DynCreator and "Dynamic clothing control" plugin,. to simulate the dynamics,. then open that DS Scene back in Carrara to render.

not the ideal solution,. as it's using DS,. and i'd prefer a solution which is built into carrara,. .... But until that happens,. this is a workable solution.

edited March 2016

It's a file that comes with the product, in the zip file. There are actually three separate tuts for different circumstances. The one I needed was only 4 pages and very easy to understand.

I didn't get any tutorial in my ZIP file when I bought the product. . All I got was this:

Files included in the product:
    ------------------------------

List of files

..\Scripts\DynCreator\
       DynCreator.dse
       DynCreator.jpg

..\Readme\
       DynCreator_Readme.txt
       Lisence.txt

NEVER MIND. I went back to the Rendo site and there was a separate file called Tutorials I hadn't downloaded.

Post edited by argus1000 on

3dage,

No doubt you re an absolute wizard with dynamic clothing, especially if you design your own clothes, but where did you get the smooth dance mocap

Andy - terrific work!

argus1000 said:

3dage,

No doubt you re an absolute wizard with dynamic clothing, especially if you design your own clothes, but where did you get the smooth dance mocap

Right here at DAZ 3D! aniMate Belly Dancing for V4

PhilW said:

Andy - terrific work!

Agreed!

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 839

Superb work, 3dAge - you've mastered it!

The beauty of making one clothing item is that others can be developed from it.  It's all good.

Thanks All :)

Argus,. the dance is made by combining sections of three different belly dancer Aniblocks in DS ,

In Animate, in DS,. . you can simply adjust the block length to set where it starts and ends and control how the clips blend, but,. autoblend is normally very good

The only slight issue i have with those is that the motions were all made for V4 M4 figures,. and then came genesis,. so the feet are at different angles of rotation,. there is a method of using animate2 or keyedit,. to correct the feet,. but i'm lazy sometimes,. and this was really about the cloth dynamics.

Marcus :)

Thanks,.

All of these outfits started from a circle in the vertex modeller,. then extruded and modelled around the figure in the assembly room,. and.once you make something simple like a T-Shirt,. it's easy to extend that into a dress, or a jacket, or a raincoat.

it's all good :)

My first render using Poser Dynamic clothing in DS ...

final textured outfit

3dage - beautifully done, there are some nice dance moves in this, wonderfully rendered too.

edited April 2016

Thanks PhilW :)

really disapointing  youtoobz compression,. It looked nice as an mp4,. 

bah humbug

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7907045/Slowdancer.mp4 (22mb)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Roygee said:

Also,. just to clarify ,.. Optitex cloth is only available in Daz Studio,. it's not part of Carrara,.

There was a time - around 3 to 5 years ago, when we could import an Optitex sim from Studio to work in Carrara via the then Daz version of DAE - IIRC, around Studio 3.5.  This was messed up in the next release and very strangely, the mess-up was retroactive, so even if you reverted to a previuos release, it still would not work. 

I recall ManStanley being very vocal about it...mayhap his paranoir was a presage...

I have backups of files to protect me from such an eventuality happening in the future; I'm not paranoid, merely worldly-wise.

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited April 2016

@3DAge... purchased but have yet to try DynaCreator.  Results look amazing.

@ WillowRaven: superbly elegent posing & render, just awesome.  Makes me wonder if you're into retail Fashion Display?

- Don

Post edited by Dondec on
    3DAGE said:

The only slight issue i have with those is that the motions were all made for V4 M4 figures,. and then came genesis,. so the feet are at different angles of rotation,. there is a method of using animate2 or keyedit,. to correct the feet,. but i'm lazy sometimes,. and this was really about the cloth dynamics.

The graph editor in Carrara works like a charm for correcting these things. I've also been having a lot of excellent results with using that new box that surrounds the selected keys. If I need to mellow the movement along a certain axis - especially rotations that just look wrong on the figure being used - just crush the box smaller. Stretch it larger to enhance the motions of a particular axis... I really like it.

Otherwise I just start with the X Axis rotation of the foot, select all keys, drag up or down to get the angle proper. And since we've got "ALL" keys selected, we can jump around in time to test the angle at different parts - which is also what helps me to determine whether or not to use that new box edge! ;)

Then I move on to the Y axis and do the same thing, then check the X axis to see if that one needs help too.

One thing I've noticed, though, is that it might actually be more than just the feet. So if the thighs seem to be at the wrong angles (it looked like they were rotated outwards - Left out to the left, Right out t the right - on at least a couple occasions), I'd adjust those first, then move onto the feet.

Anyways, thanks for turning me on to the Graph Editor (a while back) - I really love using it! =)