Giant Robot Mech - Think Evangelion, or Pacific Rim

2»

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538
    http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/index.asp has a lot of mecha for daz3d and poser.

I've seen all of those.  Chris's Robotech inspired mechs (which I have 3) are the only ones I'm willing to pay for,

• I'm more of a Zoids fan these days when it comes to mecha series, so I grabbed VP3D's leobot and tyranobot a few years ago. Wish we had more animal mechs like DzFire's R.A.P.T.O.R. and CyberD and the Mestophales Mech Dragon. Evangelions are cool, but I wouldnt mind mechs similar to the Orbital Frames from Zone if the Enders when it comes to humanoid machines.
    edited April 2019
    I'm more of a Zoids fan these days when it comes to mecha series, so I grabbed VP3D's leobot and tyranobot a few years ago. Wish we had more animal mechs like DzFire's R.A.P.T.O.R. and CyberD and the Mestophales Mech Dragon. Evangelions are cool, but I wouldnt mind mechs similar to the Orbital Frames from Zone if the Enders when it comes to humanoid machines.

I had to look that up.  Interesting designs, but they don't have feet.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited April 2019
    They operate in space and low gravity primarily, so feet probably arent practical or necessary. Also metatron (the substance OF are built from or powered by... dang its been a while since ive watched this series) is pretty much applied phlebotinum. Dolores from the anime series was able to (if i remember correctly) float in earths gravity. I have the sudden urge to binge watch my ZOE dvds in the very near future.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
    They operate in space and low gravity primarily, so feet probably arent practical or necessary. Also metatron (the substance OF are built from or powered by... dang its been a while since ive watched this series) is pretty much applied phlebotinum. Dolores from the anime series was able to (if i remember correctly) float in earths gravity. I have the sudden urge to binge watch my ZOE dvds in the very near future.

There are a lot of anime mecha series that I haven't seen yet.  I'll add this one to the list.

The two mechs released recently are not what I'm looking for.  No offence to the PAs who released them.

• tkdrobert said:

I've never understood why a giant combat droid would be designed as humanoid. Surely, if it's meant for that task, you'd want it to have as many weaponised limbs and mounted weapons as possible? Just a couple of them seems awfully limited.

Well, I consider Pacific Rim, Gundam, and Robotech etc., more science fantasy than hard sci-fi.  I like giant robots that look like humans because they are just cool.  Besides, the link to the picture, that I posted, shows just one example of how much firepower you can pack into a Mecha shaped human-like.  An alternative explaination is that humans like to create things that look like us.  The Japanese have been focused on it for some time.

The link you posted was a Robotech Varitech fighter with armor shielding which increases the missle count. Rick piloted it in Episode 9 "Miss Macross".
  • sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185

Yeah it would be nice to have more anime/gundam like mecha to choose from for Daz like rhe Cosmic Knight. Lot of mecha in the Daz stoee but 80% of its sadly the Western Styled Mechas (aka the tanks with legs approach to mecha). No hate towards it but I find them boring compared to the more colorful humanoid types from anime.

• tkdrobert said:

I'd like to revive this thread because everyone knows I want some Pacidic Rim Mechs.  smiley  I have alot of the mechs in the DAZ store, but I still haven't found the perfect one.

Same here! And I still haven't found a repair bay for them either. 

sjaammons said:

Yeah it would be nice to have more anime/gundam like mecha to choose from for Daz like rhe Cosmic Knight. Lot of mecha in the Daz stoee but 80% of its sadly the Western Styled Mechas (aka the tanks with legs approach to mecha). No hate towards it but I find them boring compared to the more colorful humanoid types from anime.

Ditto

edited September 2019

MDG Mirage Space Type by CGVickers  Medium Mech by bflynn22  MP01 Madan Commander Type by TurinuZ

https://www.deviantart.com/cgvickers/art/MDG-Mirage-Space-Type-17730955

https://www.deviantart.com/bflynn22/art/Medium-Mech-370807126

https://www.deviantart.com/turinuz/art/MP01-Madan-Commander-Type-483823894

I would love to see some mechs like these.  They are awesome designs.  I have a lot of mechs right now, but I still want more.  The Cosmic Knight (https://www.daz3d.com/the-cosmic-knight) is on sale so,  I might pick it up today.  It looks like it would be good for Anime/Comic book renders, but not so much for photoreal.  Right now, Chris' models are the best for that.

Earth Civil Defense

Unfortunantly, he is taking a break from modeling and won't be producing anything for the foreseeable furture as far as I've been told.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Got this cool looking mecha on one of "general 3d" sites. Author is "senited666" if you need to search.

It's the closest to style of mechs that i discussed before (a-la zone of enders/armored core/gundam), and i'm still not sure if there are closest alternatives here on daz/poser-optimized space.

It's kind of high poly (.obj and .fbx that come with it give you ~2,500,000 size, so it slowdowns daz viewport for me a bit), level of details is amazing though, yeah. It's not rigged, so i need to learn (re)rigging in DS.

Also no materials included (though on vendor promos there are cool materials, maybe they are saved in C4D file it comes with, but i don't have cinema so i only import obj/fbx).

My quick shots just to show it, haven't attempted finding good materials so just default gray and pwtoon (pics are larger than forum previews):

akmerlow said:

Got this cool looking mecha on one of "general 3d" sites. Author is "senited666" if you need to search.

It's the closest to style of mechs that i discussed before (a-la zone of enders/armored core/gundam), and i'm still not sure if there are closest alternatives here on daz/poser-optimized space.

It's kind of high poly (.obj and .fbx that come with it give you ~2,500,000 size, so it slowdowns daz viewport for me a bit), level of details is amazing though, yeah. It's not rigged, so i need to learn (re)rigging in DS.

Also no materials included (though on vendor promos there are cool materials, maybe they are saved in C4D file it comes with, but i don't have cinema so i only import obj/fbx).

My quick shots just to show it, haven't attempted finding good materials so just default gray and pwtoon (pics are larger than forum previews):

Looks cool

I watched a few episodes of Gen:Lock on adult swim and they have some cool mecha designs.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    tkdrobert said:

I watched a few episodes of Gen:Lock on adult swim and they have some cool mecha designs.

They also have David Tennant as the inventor of the mech's interface technology.  Best part of the show for me.  He got some great lines.

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:
    tkdrobert said:

They also have David Tennant as the inventor of the mech's interface technology.  Best part of the show for me.  He got some great lines.

Sincerely,

Bill

I finished season 1,  It’s a good series.  Much better than The Last Hope.  I like all the characters.

My M.A.S.S. Shogun Mecha mk I by tkdrobert  My Mecha by tkdrobert

These are 2 mecha I designed in a video game.  I wish I could export them out and use them in Daz.

This is another Mecha I find awesome.  Inspired anyone?

Hellfire by Maxa-art

https://www.deviantart.com/maxa-art/art/Hellfire-469651021