A big problem with Victoria 7

Salutation Everyboday

Recently i got Victoria 7, i tried to use it but it is somewhat "strange", see the photo

I am wondering what i did wrong, i have no problem with Genesis 2 and 1

thanks beforehand

ced

V7.jpg
1920 x 1040 - 279K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Do you have the Genesis 3 Starter Essentials installed?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069
    edited March 2016

Victoria 7 is a morph of the genesis 3 female base - and it looks like you don't have that installed. G3F starter essentials is free and in your product library; download and install it and things should look a lot better.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • it was not installed, lol, BUT

After installed it, i have the same result

well, huh, maybe i should restart the pc after installing ? strange

How did you install V7 and the Starter Essentials?  DIM, Connect, manually?

• Daz Manager

Can you post a screenshot of the Content Directory Manager with both the Daz and Poser formats expanded?

• Drecci GislaadtDrecci Gislaadt Posts: 60
    edited March 2016

the Content Directory Manager...

Huh, where is it ?

Somebody told me that a while ago but i forgot

OKAY i found

CDM.jpg
    796 x 469 - 69K
    CDM.jpg
    796 x 469 - 69K
    Post edited by Drecci Gislaadt on

Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager

• thanks

CDM.jpg
    796 x 469 - 69K

You need to make sure that the DIM is installing to those listed or to list the one DIM is installing to...

• and how can i check that ?

edited March 2016

oops path are differents

please don't ask me to re install everything

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

oops path are differents

please don't ask me to re install everything

Simplest way is to make sure that the install location defined in DIM is added to your list of DAZ content folders in DS.

edited March 2016

you will be angry against me :

I checked again

The DIM path is the second one on DAZ  content directory manager !!

sorry

• I've seen that. I believe your issue is actually just the "Draw Settings". Tto the left of the "view selector" is a little sphere shaped icon. Click it and a drop down appears. Yours is probably set to "Solid Bounding Box". What you probably want is "Texture shaded".

edited March 2016

It was already on texture shaded

And Victoria 6 is ok, see new image

Image removed - please zoom to show only the head and shoulders or switch to smooth shaded view when taking a screen shot with a nude character.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Yes I know your  setting is set as texture shaded ,,,at first pic,,

then when,,about  genesis3female base,, it work?? 

just confirm,,had you already  check log file ?  (I feel it usually show good hint,,about these problem,,)

(I know,, these things frastrate you,, but after all,, there should be reason,, )

• Where on you system is the \Data\DAZ3D\Genesis 3\female folder?

• the deleted picture with clothes

V7 é V6_2.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 356K
  • i found Mis Genesis 3 here :

c/users/public/documents/My DAZ 3D Library

I have the same result with Genesis female base

The log file, huh

maybe it is this :

Product 21630-1:Genesis 3 Female Starter Essentials has invalid tag: CloudAvailable

edited March 2016

If you have no plan to use DAZ Connect,,

after confirm you have no package installed by DAZ connect,(eg you happen to install   by DAZ connect too,,then re-install it by DIM etc,,)

I may recommend,, once un-install genesis3starterEssential,by DIM, and delete the package,

then download ,install it  again by DIM,,because,I feel,, nowdays in daz big sale,, ,, then DIM sometimes can not donwlaod full package,, by net problem,,  you may only need re-dowonload and install genesis3Female starter Essential kit

to confrim it,, if you drug and drop, from your DIM installed directory,, genesis3female.duf (from your PC file exploler) it work?

the path is,, (your DIm install Directory)/people/Genesis3Female,, then you may find genesis3female.duf.

and you need genesis3female.dsf (it include mesh-data) 

(your DIm install Directory)\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female  you need to find genesis3female.dsf .

if it not work,,or you can not find, dsf,,, I believe, the package (downloaded) are broken.  anyway hope you remove the problem sad

druganddrop.PNG
    1470 x 733 - 212K
    druganddrop2.PNG
    835 x 497 - 39K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited March 2016

I re installed it

i made the drag and drop

and finally SAME RESULT !!

RRAAAAAAHHHGGGFRR !!

as you can see the path is, huh, oops, different..

I AM FED UP.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 355K
    2.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 211K

^^;  sorry I have no idea anymore,, your file path seems  correct (DIM default I think,,) too. (I changed  install directory by setting,,)

file size seems same about dsf,,,, mmmm,,,,,,

• no problemo, you did your best, i thank you much

i will contact the DAZ technic help Desk

ced

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited March 2016

I think but am not sure it must be that you installed Genesis 3 Essentials to a different place that is not configured correctly so DAZ Studio can't find it. I'm surprised DAZ Studio does not complain. You will need to re-install Genesis 3 Female Essentials (and maybe other packages installed to the wrong place too) to the correct place after your path names are corrected. I had the same blocky character problem as you until i installed Genesis 3 Female Essentials correctly.

I attach 3 screen shots to show all the paths used by the DIM and one for the DAZ Studio Content Manager. You are interested that the path names are the same for the DIM Installation and the DAZ Studio Content Directry Manager for at least DAZ Studio Formats entry and one Poser Formats entry. You can still add other content paths that are different in the DAZ Studio Content Directory Manager later but not the DIM Installation location. It always only uses one path for content. The DAZ Studio Content Directory Manager DAZ Connect Data however can be at another path and it still work correctly. 

DIM-Downloads.png
    741 x 693 - 42K
    DIM-Installation.png
    745 x 696 - 46K
    DIM-Applications.png
    747 x 695 - 44K
    DAZ Studio Content Directory Manager.png
    829 x 882 - 82K
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Hmm, the path in DS is C:\Users... but the path in your screenshot is C:\uiltisateurs... I wonder if that is the issue - DS is suing the English folder names literally, not expanding them to the local path name. Do you have a folder called C:\Users\Public on your system, and does it contain the Genesis 2 Female file that are working?

Hmm, the path in DS is C:\Users... but the path in your screenshot is C:\uiltisateurs... I wonder if that is the issue - DS is suing the English folder names literally, not expanding them to the local path name. Do you have a folder called C:\Users\Public on your system, and does it contain the Genesis 2 Female file that are working?

I  just noticed that too...

edited March 2016

Is not "uiltisateurs" is  label name of "Users" ?  then when check the property of the Directory,, usually it show as "users" I believe. (or  In MS-DOS)

I feel,, maybe the directory name  under the "user" seems  more important,,,  (account name)  I feel it may need to be "english",,

which OP seems set as first directory for daz studio and Poser Contents in directory manager,,,, it is not English letter,, I felt,,

(then I change User name before,, as English letter,,)

Then If I need to change "Users" directory labell as English letter,,, then if it cause problem,,,

I can not use "ユーザー”/(My account)/ appdata/roaming/DAZ3D directory,,

If it cause trouble,, how I can change it? @@;?     it is reason,, for problem? 

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,439

Is not "uiltisateurs" is  label name of "Users" ?  then when check the property of the Directory,, usually it show as "users" I believe. (or  In MS-DOS)

"Utilisateurs" is indeed French for "Users", but remember, computers are stupid. They don't know either language, they just look for the string of letters you give them.

I feel,, maybe the directory name  under the "user" seems  more important,,,  (account name)  I feel it may need to be "english",,

which OP seems set as first directory for daz studio and Poser Contents in directory manager,,,, it is not English letter,, I felt,,

Then If I need to change "Users" directory labell as English letter,,, then if it cause problem,,,

It doesn't matter whether it's in English, as long as the path specified in Daz Studio exactly matches the path in your file system.

It doesn't matter whether it's in English, as long as the path specified in Daz Studio exactly matches the path in your file system.

Right...it is the actual string of charcaters that matters (and whether or not the OS understands a particular character set...but if using UTF-8 encoding, then that shouldn't be a problem).