- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Yes that is true lol, not many renders are seen as a WIP by others on the forum.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited October 2012

Bummer if you're not receiving PC Newsletter! New one has new coupie code for October in it.

New complaint. With the PC annual sale coming up, how will I know if what I buy with it today may be a freebie or 1.99 item soon?
    Worrity, worrity... :ohh:

Post edited by TJohn on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Should be for all newsletters Spyro.

edited October 2012

@ Jaderail - I've almost completed my arrow for the fiberglass bow set I'm working on... A delay however occured yesterday and I accidently split some areas of the UVW map, and the texture is for one area is appearing in another area instead lol, But I'm fixing it now.

My thinking has not stopped on the spear and knife blade and I have 3 possible solutions that I think I can get it to work:

1- Surface Displacement, (Not to be confused with a Daz Displacement map!) Basically, I make the blade/Spear head in two parts, the left side and the right side faces of the blade as planes, which will be welded together. In 3ds max it's a surfacing modifier, where you apply a Displacement texture, and set the depth of the gouges. This affects the 3d geometry not the textures and smoothing of the surface. The upside is that it will keep all existing verticies and polygons, and can be edited and morphed. This modifier in 3ds Max is commonly used to create 3d terrains like mountains or subtle slopes and hills.

2- I can create it using the boolean modifier on the geometry of the object. The upside is that it is affective, and can look really good and is simple to do. The downside is that ALL verticies will be lost. and morphing and editing will no longer be available.

3- I can create the spear head/blade as a high poly model... Higher than usual. This will allow for morphs, there will be LOTS of verticies and polygons. The downside is that this will be the longest one of the three to create.

NOTE: All three will need to have surface smoothing groups applied in 3ds Max! Daz will not smooth it very well, and the daz smoothing will not know to smooth the gouges in a different smoothing group, meaning, it will look like a smoothed rock instead of the nice carved stone from your reference images.
    This means, that in DAZ, smoothing must be turned OFF. Smoothing from MAX will be used instead, Unless Daz successfully reads Max's smoothing group settings on import of the object. (It may do, If all goes well)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Should be for all newsletters Spyro.

Strange that I never received the PC one with your featured homecoming in it... I get all the other Sales newsletters and the Daz newsletters... Maybe my email is filtering out some of them. I'll have to look again.

Thanks cho.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

The PC newsletter also mentioned upcoming PC sale.

edited October 2012

Other than the link to the TEST PC newsletter that cho posted in the PC forum, I have no PC newsletters. :( Not even in the filtered spam section... I get every other newsletter.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I shall PM.

edited December 1969

Thank you Skiriki ! :cheese: Maybe my email is just being mean, cos I excited about PC sale LOL

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

There are different kind of vampires in my stories. The main kind is the Vamerians. Some Vamerians can give up their immortality and then become mortal vampires. Then there are the ones who stayed immortal but became currupt and demented.

I have not decided on how the Vamerians came to be.

I got to go now.

are Vamerians a historical reference?

the romans are so overdone. :)

i'm gonna name my enemy empire after the Cathars. i think, one of the popes wiped them out. looking back on my notes. asterisk next to gnostics. and *Hypatia. she was killed by a mob attack, i think.

i need a personal assistant to organize my notes.

I made up the term Vamerians. I made up them before doing much research into vampires. They are immortal and living. As a race they are not evil nor good, just like humans. They eat food but need blood. They live on a planet named Vameria, which is also occupied by the Lycans and humans. Somehow humans get around the galaxies and settled everywhere, but that is another topic.

Lycan is short for Lycanthropic. It is easier to say Lycan so that is what most people use.

Then there are the mortal vampires. I took their name from Romanian mythology. I called them Moroi. I think that fits because mortal and Moroi both start with mor. Sometimes i am not too original with names.

I am calling the vampires that tend to be in typical fiction Strigoi. Another Romanian name. They are allergic to sunlight, and silver. They cannot eat but only drink blood. They do not like to drink blood of someone who eats lots of garlic and put garlic smelling stuff all around themselves. It is not that they are allergic to garlic but they do not like the smell of garlic.

Their reaction to garlic is like how some people act to Durian which is a fruit that is in Asia. The Strigoi have the reaction that the smell revolts them as some people find the smell of Durian revolting. Some of the Vamerians and the Moroi find garlic appealing (but in moderation usually). Those who like it can and will eat garlic. I think everybody would not like someone who wears a garlic necklace and smells like garlic.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    @ Jaderail - I've almost completed my arrow for the fiberglass bow set I'm working on... A delay however occured yesterday and I accidently split some areas of the UVW map, and the texture is for one area is appearing in another area instead lol, But I'm fixing it now.

*BIG SNIPPITY SNIP* Of how.
    You the modeler my man, if you can crack this nut and get it to look okay in DS whatever you do is WAY OKAY with me.
    edited December 1969

I think I will restart my computer.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Warm here today. Our trees are getting a spring makeover - a half dozen men in green flouro shirts with chainsaws on sticks are climbing all over our garden :)

edited December 1969

Restarting the computer did not help. Well it did not do any harm either, but it did not help.

edited December 1969

*pokes snout in*

*waves insanely*

Hiiii! Sorry about not posting, spent some time in the hospital getting 2 toes trimmed off. Everything is more or less OK now, healing up.

I'm sick of antibiotics, though!

Hope everyone is doing well - back to lurking!

*swims off*

Oh noes *hugs* so long as you are in good hands. I'll be having a good thought for you :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Non Complaint.

Well done Spyro, your render made the PC newsletter this week.

Oh WOW! How exciting!! Thankyou :cheese:

*applause* :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *paces aboot* ARGH. Can't wait! Argh!
    patience.png
    239 x 186 - 95K
    edited December 1969

i want to set up my tv as a monitor but I am having difficulties.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    A tip. If the Forum appears to eat a post, use the back button to get the post back and try submitting it again. SOmetimes you have to do this several times, it's all good excercise for the mouse finger.

ALso something else that sometimes helps is to preview the post before posting it. Note I do say sometimes :roll:

Thanks. I use fast reply a lot from my mobi, don't seem to be having too many problems but that one just vanished and bounced me back a page :)

edited December 1969

i want to set up my tv as a monitor but I am having difficulties.

My macs use a HDMI connector, it seems to just work, no fiddling :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Warm here today. Our trees are getting a spring makeover - a half dozen men in green flouro shirts with chainsaws on sticks are climbing all over our garden :)

Did you hire them or did they just sort of show up this a.m.? :)
    edited December 1969

Heh they come every year in early spring, appropriately like migrating birds :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Heh they come every year in early spring, appropriately like migrating birds :)

LOL

edited December 1969

Freebie Alert! :cheese:

FG bow set.
    Based on the bow used in the Hunger Games.
    Includes: Bow, Arrow, Quiver, Base Textures, UVW Templates.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64932/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/FG-Bow-Set

FGBowPromo.jpg
    800 x 800 - 290K
    edited December 1969

Dead fish in a box - the takeout fries its fishes in woks - and chinese cabbage in battered rolls for lunch today, hooray!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Freebie Alert! :cheese:

FG bow set.
    Based on the bow used in the Hunger Games.
    Includes: Bow, Arrow, Quiver, Base Textures, UVW Templates.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64932/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/FG-Bow-Set

oh wow gratz, very professional :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Ps1borg :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

*pokes snout in*

*waves insanely*

Hiiii! Sorry about not posting, spent some time in the hospital getting 2 toes trimmed off. Everything is more or less OK now, healing up.

*swims off*

Glad you finally turned up. I had an ugly feeling that you were enjoying hospital food. Sorry about your tootsies. If I can do anything to help, just holler.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

*pokes snout in*

*waves insanely*

*swims off*

oh man, so sorry that happened to you. really really sorry.

edited December 1969

Complaint...

I want to complain about the complaints... General complaints I can handle... When its 'Genesis' and 'Complaints' for god sake!!! - I abandon threads that get that topic. DX DX DX...

It's like, fine. You don't like genesis, your angry at daz, you love poser or the predecessors of DS4.0 yada yada yada... Fine, that's great, fare enough. But I AM SICK of reading about it EVERYWHERE.

Disclaimer...

I DON'T want to debate this at all. I'm just complaining about the complaints, cos none of them are found in one area and all the good threads are being filled with it. I'm over it.

This discussion has been closed.