- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

not feeling motivated to d/l Tyler or Miki4. i luv Miki3, but irrationally, not feeling luv for 4. maybe i'm burnt out on installing.

i wanna make my own figure, dang it, it's so much work ... haven't even finished a head yet. if i start playing sims pets my weekend will be gone.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I loved Brave. There were several points where I teared up. This is one I have to buy and I want that hair...for me.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

it drives me crazy the Karate Kid movie with Jackie Chan is called Karate Kid when the kid is learning KungFu. There is absolutely no Karate in the movie. beautiful scenery in the movie.

no wax on, no wax off.

it's jacket on, off, throw it down, hang it up.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

it drives me crazy the Karate Kid movie with Jackie Chan is called Karate Kid when the kid is learning KungFu. There is absolutely no Karate in the movie. beautiful scenery in the movie.

no wax on, no wax off.

Due to popular culture all forms of marshal arts have been LUMPED under the general heading of Karate. I myself studied Okinawan Kempo Karate (Empty Hand) and Okinawan kobudō (weapons). Kempo and KungFu are both styles of Karate. All Meets (tournaments) were still called Karate Tournaments even when we all practiced different styles of the art. Also I believe MOST if not all forms teach Wax on and Wax off as they are some of the most basic BLOCK/SWEEPS taught to beginners. I learned them long before the movie and as stated I studied Kempo not KungFu. Many Forms (styles) share the basic moves.

Maybe you just don't like Ralph.
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

no wax on, no wax off.

Due to popular culture all forms of marshal arts have been LUMPED under the general heading of Karate. I myself studied Okinawan Kempo Karate (Empty Hand) and Okinawan kobudō (weapons). Kempo and KungFu are both styles of Karate. All Meets (tournaments) were still called Karate Tournaments even when we all practiced different styles of the art. Also I believe MOST if not all forms teach Wax on and Wax off as they are some of the most basic BLOCK/SWEEPS taught to beginners. I learned them long before the movie and as stated I studied Kempo not KungFu. Many Forms (styles) share the basic moves.

Maybe you just don't like Ralph.

Karate is a form that originated in japan wasn't it? With Jujitsu and Ninjutsu, Judo. (Man I'd love to learn Kendo and Ninjutsu!)

I'm aware that Kenpo is a cross cultural form from both china and Japan. Kung-fu in so many forms is iconic to china! I practiced Tae-Kwon Do (Korean) and Zen do kai. (Both rather different from Chinese Kung-fu!!)

Oh and I reckon Filipino Kali/Escrima would be amazing to study!! Have you seen those guys and their batons? Amazing and their close-combat skills are insane!

edited December 1969

OK, This will probably sound like a stupid question, but here it goes... Arrows... My research, mainly visual research has been a bit misleading... I know aerodynamics require at least three wings... Arrows appear to have three feathers (Or wings you could say) But I have came across pictures of four feathers... Which is it? 3 or 4? and is 4 better than 3?? or is four a silly interpretation by people making imitation bows and arrows that aren't designed to function?

edited September 2012

Ok, did some surfing... Looks like 3 and 4 are both used. 4 symmetrical fletchings has a higher chance of 'knocking the arrow' which as I suspected means 3 fletchings would be more desirable. But then again, 4 fletchings may give the arrow more stable flight. You wouldn't want 4 fletchings on a modern arrow when they're commonly made of plastic, that's for sure.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Complaint! Went to bed, tried to sleep, acquired migraine instead. FML.

edited September 2012

I am sorry for you Skiriki, I hope it passes very soon. Migraines SUCK!

On another topic...

Behold, MY FIRST ARROW!

(This is for the Fiber Glass bow set I'm making BTW)

All I have to do is UVW map it :down:

Then it is textured and all is done!! :cheese:

HGARot.jpg
    1000 x 225 - 65K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Been popping some pain meds to it by now. On the other hand, give me that arrow and I'll try trepanation.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    I'm allowed to wear what I want under my security jacket, but not allowed over coats :( The cops would fine me If I did, and my security license suspended.

That's tough, Bluey jackets don't really cut it in the small hours before dawn :)

Very true. But it's all fine for the cops who have insulated thick leather jackets! Unfortunately, most security firms cant afford to supply leather security jackets... In fact, most only supply a shirt and have like two thin security jackets that float around what ever venue your at.

I'm lucky though, working in patrols... And my boss is awesome, but the law wont let me wear a jacket over my security one :(

I think I saw one of those in the Daz Shop...no wait...never mind. :)

edited December 1969

HAHA! Well it will seemingly reduce the pain from your headache, however, it will cause another pain that will overwhelm the existing one. So... It *MAY* be even more painful for you. Wouldn't recommend it.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I am sorry for you Skiriki, I hope it passes very soon. Migraines SUCK!

On another topic...

Behold, MY FIRST ARROW!

(This is for the Fiber Glass bow set I'm making BTW)

All I have to do is UVW map it :down:

Then it is textured and all is done!! :cheese:

Cool, with this arrow and by greening up the archers bow and clothing in the render I did with your bow, I could have a Emerald Archer (Green Arrow) for the "Superhero" render thread!
    Thanks in advance!

edited December 1969

HAHA Yes that's true... Mind you, with this arrow, there'll be a modern bow that can be more useful for modern or futuristic renders.

FG_Bow_Icon.jpg
    800 x 800 - 239K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    HAHA Yes that's true... Mind you, with this arrow, there'll be a modern bow that can be more useful for modern or futuristic renders.

True, true.
    I'll be waiting! (Checks watch, nervously taps foot)
    :cheese:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Been popping some pain meds to it by now. On the other hand, give me that arrow and I'll try trepanation.

I have wanted to try to do that when I had a headache.

When I was younger, I sometimes got upset that pain killers only temporally get rid of headaches. I wanted some kind of medicine that will get rid of headaches forever.

edited December 1969

I went to the library to renew the books I had checked out. I picked up one book and another book from the same isle. I also requested a third. after I left the library I thought of requesting a fourth book but now I forgot what it was.

One of the books I picked up was titled Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast. there are stickers all over the back so I could not read what it says. I think it has something to do with a beauty who goes live with a beast.

The other book I checked out is a controversial urban fantasy book.

The book I requested was Divergent which is a dystopian book.

i forgot what the book i wanted after I left the library and already too far away to go back and see if they had it. I do not remember anything about it other than I wanted to read it.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. October already, waah where has all the sunshine gone ? Feels especially cold under a bleak grey sky today. perhaps the sun will shine later on :)

edited December 1969

Ahhhhhhh yes. Head is slowly becoming comfortably numb.

edited December 1969

good meds?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    good meds?

No, perfectly normal; it just is such a relief after acute feeling of being stabbed that it feels like my skull has been stuffed full of cotton lumps.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Spyro said:
    good meds?

No, perfectly normal; it just is such a relief after acute feeling of being stabbed that it feels like my skull has been stuffed full of cotton lumps.

Somebody replaced your brain with cotton balls?

edited December 1969

No, lumps. Like, what balls become after someone has been scrubbing things with them, and you just don't want to know what that suspicious goo is...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 1969

85 days to Christmas. close enough.

...wouldn't know it was still that far off considering the local department store chain already has lights and other decorations on the "seasonal" shelves.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    KK I was asleep, but let me be the first to tell you this. You get used to being ignored after awhile. I expect it.
    ..yeah but lately I guess I've been a bad Bushido Cowgirl what with having posts modded.

How did you get on my ignore list as I have not put anyone on that list to my knowledge

I loved brave too

...I'm sure you haven't

Believe it or not I actually do have someone on my ignore list (nobody on this thread) for a fairly cold hearted response on an another forum..

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I loved Brave. There were several points where I teared up. This is one I have to buy and I want that hair...for me.

...I wish someone would come out with that wild kind of hair too. One thing though, it would most likely be a transmap nightmare to render.
    edited December 1969

Man... I thought UV mapping the bow was hard... Arrows are even worse!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. October already, waah where has all the sunshine gone ? Feels especially cold under a bleak grey sky today. perhaps the sun will shine later on :)

...it's going away here as well.

I think it eventually ends up in the same continuum where all the left socks go when you put clothes in the dryer.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Man... I thought UV mapping the bow was hard... Arrows are even worse!

Flat mapping for the "feathers"
    Cylindrical mapping for the shaft
    Cubic or a simple UV for the head.
    A procedural baked to a texture map works too (I know Carrara can do this, and I think Hexagon, not sure about D|S.)

edited December 1969

I remembered the book I wanted to read. It was the time traveler's wife. I had a Amazon gc which was enough to cover the book cost.

This discussion has been closed.