Carrara Genesis 3

13»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

yes it must be the skinning because if we split armature and mesh within ds and import both withn carrara they work pretty fine separately: the skeleton mantain animations and the mesh keep morphs

does it look good in rara?

g3 with animation and morphs sounds pretty reasonable.

thanks smiley

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

once imported into carrara there's no way to attach the skeleton and the mesh and make them work jointly; the only way is to convert the actor to other modeler but you lose many morphs and weightmapping and need to reassign shaders (and God only knows what else)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

outside of ds, guessing morphs will depend on what subdivision level g3 was exported at.

i've only tried the base subdivision

mann wanna play with aiko7 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    MistyMist said:

outside of ds, guessing morphs will depend on what subdivision level g3 was exported at.

i've only tried the base subdivision

mann wanna play with aiko7 

One way to do so (currently) would be to render out a Carrara scene with a spherical camera and use that in Iray's environment tab as the dome map, then play with Genesis 3 (Aiko 7 in this case) in DS? It's something....

(ducks to dodge flying bricks)

• if you do not mind fairly deadpan expressions the method I used works pretty well, not all presets load some need to be dialed or set up in D|S and new ones are missing unless new support asset saved.

Also not all skins load depending how the PA set it up, may need to stick maps in but can then save carrara presets.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Expressions are everything to me. But that's me. I am planning to dig into Genesis and Genesis 2 some more pretty soon though - so I might just try your method for 3 as well - just to try it out. Come to think of it, I have a lot of your workflows rolling around in my brainpan all the time ;)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

Hey Wendy, what about weightmapping and rigidity/deformations with your G32G2 method?

• Hey Wendy, what about weightmapping and rigidity/deformations with your G32G2 method?

well it acts like G2M if thats what you mean