DAWG ~ Daz Authors Writers Group ~ Tell Us Your Books, Support Each Other!

13»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

I put Aiko4 and frostbite v4 on my backcover

dress is the morticia love song

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited May 2021

I thought I'd share my latest project. It's the cover art that I will be used for my first Kindle Vella project. I created the character in Daz Studio, mixing a few different characters to get the look I wanted. The background is stock I picked up from DepositPhotos. I'm not that great with space scenes yet. I'll probably end up outing one of my pen names if anyone from the forums sees this on Kindle Vella when it releases, but I'm okay with that.

The suggested dimensions for a Kindle Vella "cover" is 1600x1600 px. The final result in on my Kindle Vella page actually looks really nice. It will be interesting to see how it does. I make most of my money from KindleUnlimited and I don't really see that changing, but I love the story premise I have for this book which I was planning to serialize before Vella was even announced. The platform I'll be releasing it is the only thing that has changed as far as my project goes.

Edit: grammar

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • SpudzArtSpudzArt Posts: 0

Novica said:

The authors in this thread- what books have you done lately? I had @ you so hopefully you can update us. 
    Here's books which used some of Ron's brushes, one of the ocean products, and he brought a boat object into the studio to do the render for the cover. It's my hubby's first book!  Background of the book- it is Coast Guard related, so those of you with military service, particularly you Coasties, will feel right at home!  He toned down the military jargon so it would flow nicely, and it's a fun combination of military interacting with aliens, so military meets Sci-Fi! (And the second book includes a romance blossoming from the first book.

Author: Edward Hochsmann 

At Amazon:  Engage at Dawn First Contact

The second book is now pre-order and it continues the story:
    Engage At Dawn Seize and Destroy   This one has renders in it using mostly Daz products. My husband did all of them, and dang, I wish I had learned that fast LOL.

For that second cover, I helped a bit with the flare in the background. He used Luminar for the skies, that bundle from Humble Bundle had Luminar and a lot of other items for only $25 a few months ago in a wonderful package. Luminar has that AI (Artificial Intelligence) to put in skies. If you don't have Luminar, perhaps it will be offered again.

Hello, appreciating this thread very much and am excited to announce today is the Kindle Launch of my second novel Engage at Dawn: Seize and Destroy about a Coast Guard patrol sent on a hazardous mission to retrieve alien technology from an ultra-violent Caribbean drug cartel.  The stories take a high-calibre Coast Guard crew and nudge them into the excitement and weirdness of international crime syndicates, espionage and, wait for it, alien invasion.  The stories, relationships and banter are as true to life as I could could make them (I toned down the jargon and techno-speak a bit to make it more readible) and the characters are composites of the best people I knew during my 25 years on active duty in the Coast Guard.

The cover and internal illustrations in the book were all created using Daz3D.  While I was at it, I updated and re-released the first book with internal illustrations, also created in Daz.  Here are some samples:

Engage at Dawn: Seize and Destroy (Available on Amazon, ASIN - B08YXZSG4X)

Cover image for the novel Engage at Dawn: Seize and DestroyTest RunsBattle SceneHot pursuit of fleeing smuggler by USCGC Kauai

Here are some illustrations I used in the revision of the first novel, Engage at Dawn: First Contact (Also available on Amazon, ASIN - B08F41JGM9):

USCGC Kauai proceeds at full speed for the search and rescue case.USCGC Kauai comes to the rescueCrewman launches a Puma UAV from USCGC Kauai's foredeckUSCGC Kauai's captain receives a warm welcome home.

Once I got the hang of things, I actually enjoyed creating the illustrations (not as much as writing the books, though laugh).  I hope that if you have an interest in Military Thrillers, soft science fiction, or Coast Guard adventure fiction, you'll consider giving these a look.  Have an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Knittingmommy said:

I thought I'd share my latest project. It's the cover art that I will be used for my first Kindle Vella project.

Looks good!  Is Vella still anticipated for July, or have they changed that from what they originally said?  

• SpudzArtSpudzArt Posts: 0

I never thought writing would be the easy part! Well, Book 3 of the Cutter Kauai Series, Bravely and Faithfully, is officially in the can, with paperbacks available now and the big E-Book launch set for August 2nd.  The cover, internal illustrations and Amazon A+ content are all Daz-driven (with a little help from Photoshop and Corel). Have a Happy Independence Day holiday everybody!

USCG Cutter Kauai plows into heavy seas from Hurricane Jacob en route to rescue the stricken Murray family. USCGC Kauai plows through heavy seas stirred up by Hurricane Jacob to rescue a young family from their disabled sailboat

Kauai's crew rescues newly freed human trafficking victims from the sinking freighter Miho Dujam. A frantic evacuation of newly freed human trafficking victims from the foundering freighter Miho Dujam

Lieutenant Haley Reardon, USCG, on the foredeck of her first command USCGC Kauai Lieutenant Haley Reardon's dream has come true with command of the elite USCG Cutter Kauai. But be careful what you wish for....

Two F-16s on full afterburner streaking at wavetop level toward a Chinese gunboat firing on USCGC KauaiThe Makos of the 93rd Fighter Squadron streak in to deliver a Viper-Thump of the Chinese gunboat bombarding Kauai during her egress from Ile Ste. Michel.

https://www.edwardhochsmann.com/books/kauaiseaadventures/bravely-and-faithfully/

Front cover of Bravely and Faithfully, showing USCGC Kauai rescuing freed human trafficking victims from the sinking freighter Miho Dujam

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    edited January 31

I am about to ressurect-republish Afterlife Matrix a ressurection of the book Crashing Life (I'm Not Dead) where Claire ressurects into her twelfth and final life (yep she's better than a cat got 12 lives and a quack for a shrink . . .  yes afterlife has a shrink gate keeper . . . who klnew) so why not ressurect a dead thread that could be a useful tool to new authors?

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • Just chiming in to say that I'm a writer first, wannabe artist a distant second, but I hide in the shadows and have rarely shared anything, much less pursued publishing. (Fiction, anyway.) Wanting to do a little more than Artbreeder images of characters was what brought me to Daz back in 2021.