Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

...Rendo probably won't accept Gen 3 characters either.

I am not sure about that?  Rendo owns Poser now, and A3 is a good  great Poser character.  They may be looking for some injections into the old Poser compatible figures!

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,072
    edited June 2020

...but it's not like I haven't tried Gen 8 Aiko.

Just not the same.

Genesis Aiko 8 test 03 04.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Genesis Aiko 8 test 01 03.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 2M
    OrcBunnyGirl 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 905K
    Gen8 OrchidFairy 01.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 583K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Because the selection thumbnails depicted untextured clothing items, I did not realize a Japanese vintage freebie for Aiko 3 was actually a rather notable collection.  They were the iconic blue dress and white apron ensemble "Alice" wore during her trip Wonderland,  After bellowing a Himer Simpson "D'OH!" I thought, "Let's have Mzzkiti (using the "Melody for A3" figure) try it on for size.  Dressed as Lewis Carroll's famous character, surely she needed to encounter one of Wonderland's famous denizens, so I loaded AntFarm's "Hookah Cat".

While I certainly did not intent such, I'll admit it does look like Mzzkiti is requesting a "hit" from the Caterpillar's "water pipe"!  Yeah, do that, kitten and you'll really discover just how deep that rabbit hole goes! surprise

Sincerely,

Bill

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    Ethin said:

Just not the same.

Agreed, your A3 characters are much cuter!  It's much harder to get G8F as cute as A3, imo.  Thorne characters may be a good start?  Here is a similar goblin type character I made with a G8F Sakura blend a while back.  My latest creations are using older Aiko 3/4 stuff yet again (the Golden age of Daz anime cheeky )

Redfern said:

Because the selection thumbnails depicted untextured clothing items, I did not realize a Japanese vintage freebie for Aiko 3 was actually a rather notable collection.

Or better yet that generic icon when there is no thumb, download somthing and install it 13 years later "what this?". Wonder if I have ^that outfit.

Wouldn't it have been somthing if Alice had turned neko.

3dOutlaw said:
    Ethin said:

Just not the same.

Agreed, your A3 characters are much cuter!  It's much harder to get G8F as cute as A3, imo.  Thorne characters may be a good start?  Here is a similar goblin type character I made with a G8F Sakura blend a while back.  My latest creations are using older Aiko 3/4 stuff yet again (the Golden age of Daz anime cheeky )

Yep, Sakura or Toon Generation to cut down on the realism, and I've noticed a general lack of just features morphs. It would've be awesome if Capsces Digital Ink had done a morph pack. And I think I like the creature creator morphs for gen 3 more than the ones for gen 8, and I'm guessing if you try transferring them to gen8 it would ruin them. Sounds like learing to sculpt is in order.

edited December 2023

now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Some more characters from the same universe as the "cute" goblins (there are more monstrous ones, it takes a while to flesh out a world by yourself). These ladies work at a tavern. The dwarf wasn't dressing up like no vermin (I need a better tavern wench outfit).

Post edited by Ethin on
    Ethin said:
    Redfern said:

Because the selection thumbnails depicted untextured clothing items, I did not realize a Japanese vintage freebie for Aiko 3 was actually a rather notable collection.

Or better yet that generic icon when there is no thumb, download somthing and install it 13 years later "what this?". Wonder if I have ^that outfit.

Would have been no stranger than anything rlse that happened to her.  But I wonder what would have been an appropriate catalyst?

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:
    Ethin said:
    Redfern said:

Would have been no stranger than anything rlse that happened to her.  But I wonder what would have been an appropriate catalyst?

Sincerely,

Bill

Bowl of milk, Laser pointer... Nah.  Satchel of catnip "Sniff Me!".

I can imagine Disney's dismay, the animated version would have gone over great, the live action remake though... Alice probably would have spent as little time in the fur as possible, Uncatty Valley and all.

Ethin said:
    Redfern said:
    Ethin said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Bowl of milk, Laser pointer... Nah.  Satchel of catnip "Sniff Me!".

Yeah, given Lewis Carroll probably didn't have much experience with laser pointers (particularly in 1864), the satchel or purse bag of catnip makes more sense. wink The idea of it having a tag with the words, "Sniff me!", heh, heh...  That's so fitting the narrative!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 2023

Another fantasy character, not related to the previous ones.
    There is a story behind this one, the gist of it, I created her, she was beautiful and glorious... and I accidentally saved over the top of her (internal screams of horror, agony and despair)!!

Fortunately I had a test render, so I was able to sorta recreate her.smiley

Unfortunately, I had a test render. "Look at your lady. Now back to me. Sadly she is not me. I'm on a pegasus flying off into the sunset without you." crying

...And here she is, reborn from the ashes.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Ouch! Happened to me too - fortunately I had a backup ...

She is cute, reborn as she is.

edited June 2020

I decided to work towards doing Genesis 8 characters(or whatever # it is by then), in the meantime I release some for Aiko 3, maybe Hrio 3 as well (just characters presets for now).

That doesn't mean I'm moving on from A3, despite all the hype about the Genesis architecture if I can't faithfully recreate any of my character with it then I'm not going to get too attached to it.

Post edited by Ethin on
    edited December 2023

...And I think I've found my first candidate.

She may need a bit more tweaking...

Dody Free Blank 01C.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 453K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • ZateticZatetic Posts: 286

sad All I have are the gen 4 versions.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    Ethin said:

Dawwwww She's awesome! yes

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    Zatetic said:

sad All I have are the gen 4 versions.

They're still available, and some of the bundles are pretty cheap:

https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-professional-bundle

$7.41 right now, base figure, morphs, textures, clothes, poses, hair

Unfortunately the Morph Expansion & Horn Pack was retired.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited June 2020

I only discovered I had Aiko 3 on Sunday, and managed to covert the shapes to G8.

Never tried a manga/anime as far as I can recall, so figured I'd give it a go.

Post edited by nicstt on
    edited June 2020

Sorry, edited the title of the thread 'cause I just realized some new peeps might think gen3 stands for Genesis 3 and not generation 3.

Post edited by Ethin on
    Ethin said:

Sorry, edited the title of the thread 'cause I just realized new peeps might think gen3 stands for Genesis 3 and not generation.3.

Good luck finding Hiro for Genesis 3?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280

GenX2 is about the only way to manage that. Although I suspect that one could probably load Hiro 3 (or 4 if you like that version) and Kenji 7 side by side and go at Kenji with all of your morphing  tools to produce something reasonably close to the same ballpark at least.

Not sure how well the result would take to wearing Hiro's clothing, and the gen3 textures would be a dead loss. But 3rd-party Hiro morphs would GenX as well as the base.

edited June 2020
    nicstt said:
    Ethin said:

Sorry, edited the title of the thread 'cause I just realized new peeps might think gen3 stands for Genesis 3 and not generation.3.

Good luck finding Hiro for Genesis 3?

Ya, poor Aiko the best she can do now is Kenji. Where's her hero?

Post edited by Ethin on
    Ethin said:

Sorry, edited the title of the thread 'cause I just realized some new peeps might think gen3 stands for Genesis 3 and not generation 3.

To avoid that kind of confusion I identify the older Poser compatible figures (say Vicky 1, 2, 3 and 4) as the Millennium or Mil' figures.  Example, Aiko 3 would be part of the Mil'3 range and Victoria 4 as part of the Millennium 4 or Mil' 4 series.  The Mil' 1 and Millennium 2  models can arguably be considered the same series.  The rigging and mapping are exactly the same, the Mil' 2 figures just had additional morphs.

Y'might wanna' give that a try.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    Redfern said:
    Ethin said:

To avoid that kind of confusion I identify the older Poser compatible figures (say Vicky 1, 2, 3 and 4) as the Millennium or Mil' figures.  Example, Aiko 3 would be part of the Mil'3 range and Victoria 4 as part of the Millennium 4 or Mil' 4 series.  The Mil' 1 and Millennium 2  models can arguably be considered the same series.  The rigging and mapping are exactly the same, the Mil' 2 figures just had additional morphs.

Y'might wanna' give that a try.

Sincerely,

Bill

For that matter, there doesn't seem to have been a Michael or Stephanie prior to Millenium 2, and the zeroed V3 has the exact same mesh shape as V2, though the mesh, UVs, and rigging are all new. 

And Michael 2 is still in the store if you need him:  he walks as a zombie called Grim. If you already have Mike2, the Grim mesh is a functional FBM.

Ethin said:

I tested a few textures on her. The first 7 where for science... {exasperated sigh} the next 70 where 'cause she was just so darn cute.

So even though she doesn't have a texture of her own I think she'll be fine.

Ethin said:
    Ethin said:

I tested a few textures on her. The first 7 where for science... {exasperated sigh} the next 70 where 'cause she was just so darn cute.

I had a look at Aiko 3's textures, they looked like they had no realy distinguishing characteristics and even if convertable, they were also low res, so I used one I'd been working on myself that I hadn't added any to either.

nicstt said:
    Ethin said:
    Ethin said:

I had a look at Aiko 3's textures, they looked like they had no realy distinguishing characteristics and even if convertable, they were also low res, so I used one I'd been working on myself that I hadn't added any to either.

I'll admit half of those are Generation 4 textures that I ran through Texture Converter 2yes (witch unfortunately is no longer available in store), and some of them are customized as well. I tested simple Anime through HD photo real textures, I thought she look good no matter what she was wearing, but then I'm definitely biased.

I use blacksmith pro for conversions.

Aiko 3 shapes transferred to G8; Head at 100% body at 50 and some Growing Up applied. Rendered in Blender.

Aiko 3.jpg
    700 x 991 - 135K