Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683

Ethin said:

MJ007 said:

What legs are those?  And did you mean "Micah's" body?

-MJ 

The same ones you have. The whole body is Melody's with the digitigrade legs. So I just put hiro's head on Melody's body. 

Didnt know you can get such a masculine physique with Melody.  Wish i could get the legs fixed for Micah.

-MJ 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited August 2021

Are you using CDI's morph set for the male version of Aiko?

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Why does everyone ignore the male side of the various generations?

I recognise reality. I, along with almost all males, am a whole lot less decorative than almost any female without the surname 'Trunchball'. And I prefer to create pictures that are, at least, not unpleasant to look at. The best way of achieving this is to avoid including the less attractive half of the population - gives me a fighting chance of succeeding in the primary aim, even if I have managed a total omission of any artistic merit.

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,071
    edited August 2021

JOdel said:

Are you using CDI's morph set for the male version of Aiko?

Yes, I used D|S "Transfer Active Morphs" to copy them from Kioki to Melody, spent hours cleaning up the mess it made of the property sliders, but it worked. If there's an easier way (like a morph inject preset I overlooked),  I'll feel stupid but be glad to hear it.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

mCasual said:

i built it, the fridge and gas range are freebies on my site, there's also large kits of mouldings oh and the tall ikea chairs

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts10/home/furniture-and-architecture

TheCastellan said:

Where ya got that kitchen set?

...so you basically kitbashed it all together, Nice.  Love that fridge. .   

(sigh) I'm reluctant to mention this as I can't promise anything and don't want to get peoples hopes up, but.........

I've been toying with the idea of making different sets of conforming "furry" appendages (matching hands and feet) for Aiko, Hiro, and there derivatives. The main holdup is the actual figure creation part (rigging and stuff), which I've been working at learning but its slow going.

Here are some examples of the "prototype" meshes I've worked on (yes, I know, everyone wants kitty paws).

If this is for the original A3/H3 figures and not the Genesis counterparts... consider me HIGHLY interested and INSTANT buys for me.

-MJ

PS:  Plz consider fixing the legs mentioned previously to work with H3/Micah also... they too would be INSTANT buys!

MJ007 said:

PS:  Plz consider fixing the legs mentioned previously to work with H3/Micah also... they too would be INSTANT buys!

You mean somthing like this. https://www.sharecg.com/v/38290/3D-Model/Kasa-Refit-for-H3

edited August 2021

Ethin said:

MJ007 said:

You mean somthing like this. https://www.sharecg.com/v/38290/3D-Model/Kasa-Refit-for-H3

This doesnt appear to work for me.  Instructions say it RTEencoded against the A3AltlFoot.obj file, but when i select it for the Key 1 file, it produces are error stating that is not the proper Key1 file.
    Any suggestions?  I would LOVE to get this to work for me.

-MJ

PS:  I also find that interesting as it seems the feet are fine... it the shin where the breaks occur so i wouldve thought that would be where the fix was located.

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited May 2023

Well @3Diva wanted Xinanis to be a ghost...

Booette WestPark 01Post.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,866
    edited September 2021

Aiko & Co on ice

aiko-and-co-on-ice.png
    1297 x 930 - 2M
    Post edited by Taoz on

Some old ones

a3_angel_of_light.png
    800 x 914 - 1003K
    a3_grease_monkey.png
    1501 x 1070 - 3M
    a3_medieval_promenade.png
    1412 x 1041 - 2M
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

Inspired by the 3:00 minute mark in this video...

The animation was created by a group of 12 fans for the opening ceremonies of a Japanese genre convention called "Daicon IV" and threw just about every media reference into the pot.  Those "fans" would go on to found Gainax Studios, arguably most famous for the anime series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" and "FLCL" (pronounced "Fooly Cooly") which contained a callback to the sword surfing bunny girl of this anime montage.

I remember years ago, had to be the early 00s, when I came across a statement on some web page mentioning a Japanese cartoon featuring a cocktail bunny waitress dueling Darth Vader.  What?!  Surely the person who uploaded that comment was "joshing" the readers!  Sometime later, months, maybe a year, I came across another site (this was before YouTube) that hosted a video, an animated montage created for a convention in japan.  It took some time to load, but finally it had buffered enough so I could play it without freezing.  BOOM!  There it was, the sequence I assumed was somebody's BS to get attention, a cocktail bunny waitress swinging a green lightsaber at Darth Vader!  It really existed!

..had to look closely at the video evne stop it at imes as there were lots of minute references.

Quick test of some assets I'm working on for an upcoming image.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575

@Ethin: I'd be interested in simple paws for the hands

@MJ007: RTE can be VERY finnicky about the EXACT capitalization of the key file

@Ethin : So, wuill the (I assume to be community offered) assets be the clothing or the textures?  The skin patterns seem to depict Bast and Anubis as the Egyptians usually painted them on the temple walls, black fur upon the head, neck and tail, and switching to bare human skin for the rest of the body.

Playing with new stuff.

a3_dagonessa_dragon-steel-purple1.png
    786 x 930 - 427K
    a3_dagonessa_013.png
    786 x 930 - 422K
    h3_dagon_012.png
    786 x 930 - 498K
    a3_harliekin_le-cirque-rose_024.png
    804 x 930 - 591K
    a3_michiko_primogentry_015.png
    802 x 930 - 584K

...nice. 

@Redfern Just a test render of some background character. Sorry to get your hopes up, "asset" does sorta imply that I'm offer something.

I suppose I could share the transparency map I made for the body...

Taoz said:

Playing with new stuff.

kyoto kid said:

...nice. 

Yep, looking good!

Yeah, all those clearance sales that have been going on are a great opportunity to get Aiko & Hiro stuff dirt cheap, I don't even remember every thing I've picked up. 

Ethin said:

@Redfern Just a test render of some background character. Sorry to get your hopes up, "asset" does sorta imply that I'm offer something.

I suppose I could share the transparency map I made for the body...

I guess that was rather presumptuous of me.  You've reminded me how I used to get flustered with a person who just assumed everything somebody displayed was going to be a freebie for everybody.  Here I am doing the same greedy thing. frown

To be honest before I posted the image I was think of sharing the tranz map, but after testing a lighter toned skin reveled a bunch of  scary looking seam issues and I changed my mind.

However after taking another look it doesn't seem so bad, a quick-ish fix, it'll take a lot longer to pack and make up some ads.

"There, there, it's all right" {Gives head pats} "Have some candy"smiley

You just got a little over excited that someone has started showing your "Best Girl" some love (I can't blame you!), and with everything that going on we could all use some (good) excitement.

Some more Egyptian flavored stuff.

Hmmm, what else could that tranz map be used for... maybe skinwalkers?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited October 2021

Not to interrupt this thread, and not that there is anything wrong with this thread... I like A3 as much as anyone else does... (well, anyone from the A3 days)...
    But how is it that I keep getting notifications for this thread, but absolutely no others, even though I haunt dozens of other random threads making stupid comments almost daily?... I don't even think I even made a comment, useful, stupid or otherwise in this thread ever... yet it keeps notifying me every time someone posts here... for years...

Beckoning me... calling me... 

This is almost as bad as that stupid ventriloquist dummy I can't get rid of... I mean how many times do I have to stuff the little bastard into a wood chipper before he gets the message?

I mean it's not the same with this thread... and it's not like you can stuff a thread into a wood chipper... or that I'd want to, this is still interesting... but still...

Spoooooooky.

Post edited by McGyver on

...I've had the same issue. Only get notices for this thread and occasionally one that rises from the Forum Crypt now and then.

"Hail, hail, the gang's all here"

You've already meet ghosty Boo, but who could these other two be?wink

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544
    edited October 2021

MJ007 said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Why does everyone ignore the male side of the various generations?

Its an unfortunate reality, but the marketplace is catered moreso to females than males.  Thus renders reflect that same reality.

My storylines however all have male leads.  I am actually planning a new one now that im working with Melody & Micah and as mentioned, the Digitrade legs were designed for A3 and not H3.  So im researching how how to make the legs work in my favor for H3. Thats just the way it goes.

-MJ 

I plan on doing an animation. So long as I can get just one made and uploaded to youtube for all to see, I will have reached my goal, though do plan on more after that, so long as I get that one done, I'm happy. My film will be kinda anime/toon type with a female lead, however I am not leaving out the guys and it's going to be fair play on both sides, something you don't see often in any kind of film.

mCasual said:

well in my stories William ( Michael 3 ) is important. Stolen William shirts are the object of the desire of all the female inhabitants of The Castle, it's so illegal though the way they steal all his shirts!!

witness the face of those 2 suspects, 

here you see Gabrielle The Guard of The Castle in a tug of war with The Captain of The Guard of The Castle

Faeryl Womyn said:

Ah but poor Michael is in the background, he needs to have camera's set up and checking them to find the cultprits that take his shirts lol

Ethin said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

Darn, I'm no better. A pitiful dozen male characters Vs over 100 female.sad  Hiro you lucky son of gun.wink

Yes Hiro tends to be more lucky then Michael or any other character lol

richardandtracy said:

Faeryl Womyn said:

I recognise reality. I, along with almost all males, am a whole lot less decorative than almost any female without the surname 'Trunchball'. And I prefer to create pictures that are, at least, not unpleasant to look at. The best way of achieving this is to avoid including the less attractive half of the population - gives me a fighting chance of succeeding in the primary aim, even if I have managed a total omission of any artistic merit.

I've seen a lot of rather decorative men, some you can even call beautiful. You want to know how men be used in pictures that can rival women,,,watch some anime lol

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on