Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

1343536373840»

Comments

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,066
    edited July 14

Starry spangled something or other.

Started out by borrowing some texture elements from a G3F character, added them to a V4 character texture, converted it to fit A3 and then proceeded to kit bash the ever loving Liberty Bell out of a bunch of stuff.

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here... (checks my test render folder)... Yep, I did another blonde girl in beach attire about this same time last year. indecision

7-01-2024 Nalia Piper USA 03.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 984K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited July 14

Tried a different character style. Through her in a random scene I had lying around that was ready to go just so she wasn't standing in a grey void.

FlutterShy test 001.jpg
    1263 x 1365 - 270K
    FlutterShy test 02.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,528

Very nicely done and everything looks like it fits so well.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

With the yellow sweater and pink hair that falls over one eye, I'm getting Fluttershy from "MLP" vibes.

Redfern said:

With the yellow sweater and pink hair that falls over one eye, I'm getting Fluttershy from "MLP" vibes.

Well she's definitely not going to say whether or not she has a butterfly tat/birthmark on her caboose. 

Faeryl Womyn said:

Very nicely done and everything looks like it fits so well.

Thanks!

Making autofit clones for A3 was definitely worth while. Although I still fit most V4 stuff to her manually, gives better results and works with dresses and skirts which autofit can't do. 

edited July 15

Gave a similar treatment to H3.

Hiro Toony 01.jpg
    1263 x 1365 - 224K
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited July 21

Mediterranean Pool 2024 test 07 2800.jpg
    2800 x 2240 - 3M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,449
    edited July 21
    That is so good. She looks very like the Piper G3F texture. How did you do that? And you've angled her arm perfectly so it's impossible to see any elbow problems. Love the clothing, caustics, pose and all. Wish I could do half as well. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

I love the fact you're including Hiro3

richardandtracy said:

That is so good. She looks very like the Piper G3F texture. How did you do that? And you've angled her arm perfectly so it's impossible to see any elbow problems. Love the clothing, caustics, pose and all. Wish I could do half as well. Regards, Richard.

Thanks!!

The red white and blue stars did come from FWSA Piper, even thought the textures are not interchangeable between gen4 and up the UVs are laid out basically the same. With some rotating and scaling I was able to vaguely match Piper's stars to V4's UVs and then converted them to A3 with Texture Convertor 2. The stars are on a geo-shell, the underlying texture is Maddelirium's Nalia (also converted with TC2). I was not actively trying to copy any particular character but I did reference images of both the above character while working on the face.

The pose was from DM's Pose Boutique 4, I did make changes but not to that arm, so that was just a happy accident. 

Faeryl Womyn said:

I love the fact you're including Hiro3

Thanks!

I would like to use Hiro more, but except for recently, I haven't done too many images with more than one character. What with my MO apparently being "cute" and all, male characters are hard for me, 'cause male and cute do not compute.

That being said, I decided a while ago that if I became a merchant I would try to support male figures as much as female, so if I release a character for Aiko I'm going to do my best to make one for Hiro I think is worthy of her. 

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited July 23

My Aiko 3 interpretation of Dejah Thoris, which I described in detail here...

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5951516/#Comment_5951516

..suspiciously glances at her throne that comes from this package...

https://www.daz3d.com/atlantida-temple-props

...which I modified.  Basically, I gave some material zones a bit more of a copper hue and I hid the Egyptian styled sigil above the throne, positioning a sphere mapped with the infamous "canals" astromer Percival Lowell believed he saw upon Mars.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

yes

edited July 24

Sunset Stroll 01.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Great pictures both of you. Guess I should actually stop putting things off and do some renders of my own

edited August 23

maelwenn's Aemilia Doll for Aiko 3... mostly.

Aemilia Doll 2024 02.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on

OH she's cute and love the dress.

edited August 24
    She is 'cute', even though the term makes me wince. I do really like the character. She now needs the opportunity to star in her own action-adventure, or go singing through some mountains contaminating the environment with the noise of music. I don't do 'cute' or enjoy 'The sound of Music' film, but it all feels right for this character to me. And she needs the opportunity to flower and show everyone what she can do. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

Thanks both of you! smiley

edited August 26

richardandtracy said:

She now needs the opportunity to star in her own action-adventure, or go singing through some mountains...

Nothing as grand as that but it's somthing... 

Aemilia Doll 2024 Test 02.jpg
    2220 x 2400 - 4M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    Nice I do like it. Regards, Richard.

I agree with Richard, very nice image.

Where did you get the apple trees from?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,276

Tango Alpha's Tangy Apple Orchard?

Thanks everyone!

I do have that one(Tangy Apple Orchard) but the trees I used came from On The Farm Orchard, the leaves on the later don't use transparency so they render faster in 3DL. 

edited August 29

Thanks Ethin have it bookmarked and what you suggested as well Jodel

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on

Faeryl Womyn said:

Thanks Ethin have it bookmarked and what you suggested as well Jodel

Your welcome!

edited September 1

FishyDiner 02 P.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Well that is interesting, little hard for me to see with my eyes (not your fault, I need glasses lol)