Samesex couple poses

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600
edited June 2020 in Product Suggestions

I'd like to do have some samesex couple poses for a gay wedding and for regular life as well. . Because of the size and gender differences, adapting straight couples poses isn't alway possible and can look a bit off for some types of characters. I realize we have several F/F poses and I think 1 sort of Male pose set, but more would be great. I'm looking less for big drama and more for everyday stuff.

So maybe some M8/M8 poses?  Some dancing and regular friendship would be nice as well.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

You can use the poses on either figure. You just need to do some tweaking. I had some frustrations finding non-sexy poses for Opal and didn't realize G3M poses could be used on G3F :p 

But I think the same as you every time I see a Victoria and Michael in looooooove pose set. :p I've got my customer hat on, but maybe Daz are playing it safe?? I have no idea. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,600

I frequently use male poses for women, since I don't render sexy female pics and like my females to be less swaybacked.  So many people render beautiful females better than me anyway so I leave them to it. 

Genesis 2 was easier to fudge with same sex poses, but Genesis 3 is harder to pose hands down. (I spends way too much time fixing hands on weapons and guns sets for example).

I don't like using female poses on the guys (the other half of the couple), since they have too much sway back and poses for women are frequently kind of over the top to begin with. Put a guy in that position, and there is a lot of fixing to do.

I do admit, that when I see couples poses sets, and realize oh, they mean heterosexual couples, I do have to wonder, why the sets don't have at least one gay couple in there.

There are few lesbian sets, in the store, but they seem to call them friend sets. I do think they are playing it safe, but it seems strange since gay couples are part of everyday life. I would expect to see more reflected here. 

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

I frequently use male poses for women, since I don't render sexy female pics and like my females to be less swaybacked.  So many people render beautiful females better than me anyway so I leave them to it. 

Genesis 2 was easier to fudge with same sex poses, but Genesis 3 is harder to pose hands down. (I spends way too much time fixing hands on weapons and guns sets for example).

I don't like using female poses on the guys (the other half of the couple), since they have too much sway back and poses for women are frequently kind of over the top to begin with. Put a guy in that position, and there is a lot of fixing to do.

I do admit, that when I see couples poses sets, and realize oh, they mean heterosexual couples, I do have to wonder, why the sets don't have at least one gay couple in there.

There are few lesbian sets, in the store, but they seem to call them friend sets. I do think they are playing it safe, but it seems strange since gay couples are part of everyday life. I would expect to see more reflected here. 

Using the couple poses work fine. You simply have to adjust the poses and sometimes the leg and foot position so they are a bit gender neutral (like you may not want the guy's toes to point so much for instance). 

edited June 2016

I don't mind trying to adapt poses, but I still think I'd like some ones designed with the male gender in mind. The heterosexual couples poses are often different heights as well, and unless one guy is smaller, it can be tough to get the right look.

Clearly they aren't too shy about releasing lesbian poses, since there was another released today. Maybe someday we'll see some men's sets, until then, yes, I'll adapt what I have.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

There are damn few male male couple poses these days. Some famous vendors who no longer seem to produce new poses had quite a series of male male poses for Generations 3 and 4.  Some of those convert nicely, I still use them and binge buy the ones I don't yet have.

Qraffx

Male Couple Poses

The on-going, spend $50 get 50% off seems to be perpetual. I've used it, a lot.  The poses are great.. I think sukips is my favorite all around, but I use pdm and teris (those are vendors) as well.  And there are a bunch of Genesis 1 male clothes by the awesome dzheng.

• JasonSWrenchJasonSWrench Posts: 379

Hello All:

I agree with the sentiments expressed here. Thankfully, you can use G3F poses with G3M, but some times the fixes are quite simple or quite large. I especially see strange things happening with hands. I will say that Farconville does have a collection of non-G M7-M7 poses on Renderotica if you're looking for something "not that innocent."

J

edited June 2020

Heh. =-)  Would specifically like something suitable for a wedding, for adult characters like M7. Affection/friendship poses are nice too. Looking for  stuff for mature dudes.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

SF-Design had some poses for the previous generation, so maybe those would convert over. I have the M6 set, but not the Jayden set, so I don't know if the scaling on the Jayden poses would produce issues. They come with expressions, but also have expression resets so that you can use your own.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/tender-buddies/105630/

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/buddies-for-jayden-6/106605/

I used one of the Pose Converters to transfer Tender Buddies to G3M, but haven't used it yet.

And these poses are, in fact, EXACTLY "that innocent". (No naughtiness here, no.)

And all that said, I haven't had that much of an issue with using the opposite sex poses with same sex couples. It can, as Male-M3dia noted, be a bit fiddly about the feet and hands (and also hips and pelvis, depending on the pose), but they can be made to work.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

I don't mind trying to adapt poses, but I still think I'd like some ones designed with the male gender in mind. The heterosexual couples poses are often different heights as well, and unless one guy is smaller, it can be tough to get the right look.

Clearly they aren't too shy about releasing lesbian poses, since there was another released today. Maybe someday we'll see some men's sets, until then, yes, I'll adapt what I have.

Rather than use a heterosexual set and adjust the female pose, would it be easier to use some same-sex female sets applying both female poses to two males? Overall I think there might be less adjustment needed, as they'd both be the same height, etc.

-- Walt Sterdan

Walt that's an interesting idea. I will have to see how that works.

Well from the height perspective f/f poses work. The negative though is many of the poses seem over exagggerated and may not suit your character.

• LintonLinton Posts: 542

I second this. M/M and F/F sleeping couples poses (non-sexual), laying on the couch together watching TV, hugging and kissing, cuddling, stroking face/hair, sleeping on the chest, tucked in beside someone, leaning back while sittign up in bed.

• RenderGuyNYRenderGuyNY Posts: 104

Inspired by this thread, I created this set after a discussion of desired products in the DAZ forums. This set includes a G3M ring with three different iRay settings (gold, platinum, and silver). There are also 4 couple poses for G3M. I did include the Normal Map for the "Love is Love" ring stamp (see pictures for what this looks like). Some of the poses will need tweaking depending on the size of the characters. The poses were all created using the basic G3M. Happy Pride Month!

Well, it helps if I actually post the link!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/85245/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Love-is-Love ;

RenderGuyNY

edited June 2016

Wow! That's an amazing set! You should sell it. What are the usage rights. It says... "All rights reseved"

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

Thanks RenderGuyNY

Oops! Sorry about that. I didn't switch it when I uploaded. It now reads: Commercial renders OK, contents not for redistribution

RenderGuyNY

edited June 2016

Totally awesome job. I hope to see pictures using these fantastic poses. I really like the one where the couple shows of their rings. =-)

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited June 2016

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed there aren't any same-sex poses in the store yet, though if they were, they'd be impossibly posed, borderline fetishising lesbians with copious backsway and pointy toes, lmao.

For serious though, I'd love to see more same-sex poses and an even spread for both male and female figures. And ones that aren't hardcore sex poses either (since apparently, the only places you can find same-sex poses at all are on Renderotica). Like kissing, hugs, other affectionate kinds of poses. Those kinds of things. I do think Farconville has at least one or two "vanilla" s/s pose packs on Renderosity, but they're for M4 and so far as I know, there isn't a script to convert M4 poses to Genesis 2 or 3 Males. :/

Considering same-sex relationships are far more accepted than they were even 5 years ago (although it's not without issues, just work with me here), I'd like to think Daz and the PAs are at a point where they'd feel confident in releasing those kinds of pose sets without hurting them too much financially.

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
    edited June 2020

The store sells lesbian poses and has since v4/s4, although they are usually called friendship poses. I think I even saw some old V3 poses, but not sure on that one. Given the female focus and interest in the store, they seem popular, and probably popular enough to sell more as some pa's have made more than one. Lesbian women are a popular render topic amongst DAZ artists so I'm sure there is a market. Whether it is lucrative IDK.

There is one male friendship  pose set that I've seen sold here for gen 3. It is a cute set, but not an everyday couple pose set since it has characters performing handstands, jumping on eachother's backs, and the usual buddy type stuff but not a lot of regular life type poses. I did buy it though- it is very fun.  For Genesis 2 there are M/M rescue me poses. Which aren't neccesarily same sex, but do involve two men, which is suprisingly different from the usual m//f fare.

You can convert m4 poses to Gen 3, but it is a two step process. At least for me. The pose must be converted to Gen 2 and then converted to Genesis 3 using the converters sold here. It works okay, but I get tired of using the forearm unlocker to unlock gen 3 male's arms each time I want to use a pose. I would prefer poses designed for genesis 3 so I do not have to fuss with them that much. But it is a workaround to make all those old poses viable.

Hello All! Something happened to my file on CGShare, so I went ahead and uploaded it to my website for anyone who is interested:

http://www.renderguyny.com/Love_is_Love.zip

RenderGuyNY

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,922

I just saw this thread, and while I'm not supposed to tip my hand on the sets I make for the PC+, but I'm saying anything specific, so I can say I did build a set with this possibility in mind. I designed the poses so that each "side" had a male or a female version, so that you could interchange them as you saw fit. Of course, there will be a little tweaking involved, since the male and female models have different shoulder spans, but the base poses will get you most of the way there.

Now that intrigues me FeralFey! It has to be a set I own, so I'm going to have to root around in my runtime and see what I can see. =-)

It's not yet out in the store, which is why I can be more specific about it. I'm hoping that it will come out quickly, though, so you won't have to wait long for it.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Would it be a no-no to ask if these forthcoming poses are for the Genesis 3s only or might they work on the Genesis 2s as well? At the moment I am using Genesis 2 figures when I need something other than V4/M4 because they're less hassle getting into Poser. :crosses fingers: 

I can tell you that they are for Genesis 3. Sorry about that. I'll see what I can do for something for Genesis 2 in the near future. :)

• xstanxstan Posts: 37

4 years later and they still don't seem to have any.  Is this a Daz choice do you think? I mean, it's 2020 so you'd hope not, but I also can't imagine no one has ever considered this and submitted it to them before.  I'd like to know, because I'm considering trying to make a couple of same-sex couple pose sets and submit it to them, but it seems pointless if they have some antiquated policy against it.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,701
    edited June 2020
    xstan said:

4 years later and they still don't seem to have any.  Is this a Daz choice do you think? I mean, it's 2020 so you'd hope not, but I also can't imagine no one has ever considered this and submitted it to them before.  I'd like to know, because I'm considering trying to make a couple of same-sex couple pose sets and submit it to them, but it seems pointless if they have some antiquated policy against it.

The only ones I know of are: https://www.daz3d.com/he-loves-him-poses-for-genesis-8-male and https://www.daz3d.com/love-is-love-couple-poses-for-genesis-8. And of course many of the "best friend/sisters" type poses that are made for females could easily be repurposed for lesbians, like: https://www.daz3d.com/best-friends--poses-for-genesis-8-female or https://www.daz3d.com/z-beautiful-romance-couple-poses-for-genesis-3-and-8 or https://www.daz3d.com/z-friendship-poses-for-genesis-8-female-and-victoria-8 or https://www.daz3d.com/z-sisters-poses-for-genesis-3-female-and-victoria-7.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

I delicately add this.... In FaceBook, the store has a rainbow flag version of the company logo; the thread was a little contentious  but someone asked about same sex content.  The official reply was:We are actively working a bundle right now that will include a lot of sexual and gender diversity, and our plan is to release more of this type of content moving forward.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Personally I like the various everyday poses from i13 sets that DAZ 3D bought out although I'm like Serene Night in that I only have done a few light comedy and everyday life renders myself. Being too publically explicit, regardless of orientation, is just being rude to strangers.