Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,329
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Still playing with trees, pulled the leaves off and trying to make it look wintery, snow touched, etc.

Have tried 2 different ways now. which is best ?

David of course will come along and show me how to do it with just one material, instead of duplicating the tree mesh as I have done with theses 2.

They are very pretty trees tho. :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    ok new diamond render..

very sparkly, have to keep the wife away, or she'll want one :D

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    ok modified the lighting for the ring (again)...

loving that ring, my precioussss... give me the preciousss.....

edited December 1969

tpstigers said:
    Personally, I think there's a lot to be said for designing completely unrealistic scenes. That way it just doesn't matter how impossible the lighting is.

This is very nice, reminds me of the book 'Cities in Flight' and some artwork by Roger Dean, excellent!

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    tpstigers said:
    Personally, I think there's a lot to be said for designing completely unrealistic scenes. That way it just doesn't matter how impossible the lighting is.

Right! All the freedom to the artist. This one looks really stunning. I like every bit of it (even the lens flare, which I usually hate).

I attempted the opposite - make the light somewhat real looking. The model used is The Loading Dock.

loving the perspective.

edited December 1969

pumeco said:
    Well it's slowed right now but it keeps picking-up and it laid really quick, so yup, definitely some white sfuff!

I think you'd better start cutting or you'll end up looking like me before the night is out, I'm sat here with a blanket around me.
    I look like a cross between a "Hoodie" and "The Grim Reaper" holding a hot water bottle :-P

Looks cool though.

Snow already, not a whiff of it here in Derbyshire yet :)

Derbyshire! You lucky IanzThingz - you've got hills! And trees! And decent pubs with micro-breweries! I used to love cycling in Derbyshire. You know what the tourist selling point for where I live is? "Big skies" - that's because there's knack all else to look at - other than the "Dangerous roads". Which really should demand your attention. On the plus side, we have interesting clouds. And the North sea - which can do a passable impression of a block of carved slate. And plenty of wind for anyone interested in flying kites. Like Graham, for example.

Would love to come back up your way, haven't been there since i was a kid, and no such thing as a dangerous road, just dodgy drivers!! Big skies are good!! :)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    ok new diamond render..

the Wife DID see it, and went OOOH christmas is coming, I told her the elves jumped off the Fiscal Cliff with it.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Rareth said:
    ok new diamond render..

the Wife DID see it, and went OOOH christmas is coming, I told her the elves jumped off the Fiscal Cliff with it.

i'll remember that one for the future ;)

edited December 2012

ok this is the result of me following David's latest TA lighting video. I think I learned quite abit, I watched it 4 or 5 times.

greenshell.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 339K
    Post edited by Rareth on
  • eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - Render option Reflection Correction - a 10 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Len, I have seen Ghost in the Shell, some interesting idea's... Also Lost, which started well and turned to utter dribble. And Full Metal Alchemist... But the mostly, I listen to Radio 4 comedies.

Radio 4? I just watched the latest show of "Mind your Language " :).
    With more experience one day I will be able to watch Doc Martin, too.
    edited December 1969

followed the tutorial a little more closely this time around..

redhot-dodecahedron.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 237K
    edited December 1969

The Moon Gate is open.

moongate.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Erieann, yes Radio 4. Nebulous, Weak at the Top, Old Harry's Game, Fabulous, Eleven Quest, Ed Readons Week, Cabin Pressure, John Finnimore's Souvenir Show - that kind of thing.

Rareth, the renders look very good, I particularly like the green one, it does look almost translucent somehow.

IanzThingz, I recommend avoiding this time of year for a visit, it's pretty bleak, wait for nice weather and bring a push bike. Have you ever cycled on sand before?

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    The Moon Gate is open.
    Reminds me of Stargate Sg2 :)
    edited December 1969

Erieann, yes Radio 4. Nebulous, Weak at the Top, Old Harry's Game, Fabulous, Eleven Quest, Ed Readons Week, Cabin Pressure, John Finnimore's Souvenir Show - that kind of thing.

That would probably be too agitating for me :)
    edited December 1969

You must be an extraordinarily sensitive soul to find Radio 4 agitating! Most people consider it too dull.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378
    edited December 2012

Awesome renders by everyone.

I experimented with this tutorial.

1st image I used a present sky-Orange Burst for the hdri and for the 2nd image I use Japanese alley Hdri.

Although I must admit even after doing so many of David’s tuts I don’t really understand the basics of lighting and TA, not enough grey cells to comprehend lol, I enjoy doing the tutorials and I like the effects I’m getting. Definitely not what David intended by his tutorials.

I'm downloading the pdf file on lighting Horo mentioned in another thread. Thanks David and Horo for the cool stuff available to us.

Edited: the pdf is on brightness.

bumpmapping3.jpg
    640 x 480 - 98K
    bumpmapping2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 45K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

IanzThingz, I recommend avoiding this time of year for a visit, it's pretty bleak, wait for nice weather and bring a push bike. Have you ever cycled on sand before?

not for a long while, but yes i have cycled on sand before, and i agree the coast is *very* bracing this time of year :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

not for a long while, but yes i have cycled on sand before, and i agree the coast is *very* bracing this time of year :)

As are mountains under a bright blue sky, with fluffy clouds pushed along by a NW wind and pretty sparkles all over the grass are twinkling in the sunlight.

BTW David, this is the thread that had me trying to make a mat in Bryce to do something similar with snow sprinkled stuff http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12824/#186755

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

You must be an extraordinarily sensitive soul to find Radio 4 agitating! Most people consider it too dull.Thats why I am living alone and usually dont meet people or go out with other people. Just cant take all those emotions people constantly spill all over the place. :)

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

LOL, you were there too, me also!

incurable geekmode/
    There's a whole set of 'em here as well, and check out the lovely synth sound on Tyne Tees starting at 1:00 (drool):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMTnxlOc4IE
    /end incurable geekmode

Anyway, you're definitely a nerd if you watch that one through, the YouTube comment is spot on ;-)

Well if you actually wrote that book instead of just planning to do it, the proceeds might actually help you to accomplish your main priority? I'm just saying...:)

Don't have the time, I've got about 10 months worth of cash to support myself until it runs out.
    Either I buy a house in Bulgaria or convert a van to a camper by then or I'm f_ cked :-D

Just a shame I can't get a camper built in time to tour Bulgaria for a house, that would have been ideal.

... Derbyshire! You lucky IanzThingz - you've got hills! And trees! And decent pubs with micro-breweries! I used to love cycling in Derbyshire. You know what the tourist selling point for where I live is? "Big skies" - that's because there's knack all else to look at - other than the "Dangerous roads".
    Just in case there are any puzzled Americans here, David isn't being entirely honest about where he lives.

It's true the roads are dangerous there, but that's only because he uses them and thinks he's on a racetrack! I would hardly call the place "bleak", either. I mean sure it rains a lot, but when it's good weather, his town is famous for bikini-clad babes roaming the place and has a nudist-beach that would put even Benidorm to shame!

Post edited by pumeco on
    edited December 1969

Rareth, the renders look very good, I particularly like the green one, it does look almost translucent somehow.

Thanks David, I was going for a "cooler" color palate on that one, although the DoDecahedron looks great with the orange yellow color scheme.
    The shell is from the Manifold labs version of bryce 3d (windows version) for Linux and Mac users I think it's just a plugin. and since it doesn't have the detail of the dragon, I first tried using displacement to add detail but Bryce kept crashing so I went with a bump map on the shell instead. it's just the basic wood texture applied with very minor weaking.

and now for something different. a traditional Bryce scene.

spookynight.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 559K
    edited December 1969

Len, well all I can say is that is not my experience of living here.

Eireann, and besides I don't have a TV so it has to be radio 4 - I'm too old for radio 1.

Mermaid, all experimentation is good.

Pam, interesting... have you see this? http://www.ronenbekerman.com/3d-studio-max-plugin-snowflow-v-1-6/

edited December 1969

Wow, that snow plugin looks very good, we should gang-up on Blaine and Vasily and get it in Bryce!

edited December 2012

That looks super, as long as one can afford Max and is willing to invest the time in learning to use it well.

Lacking both the cash and the inclination to do either I shall continue with my own experiments in creating (or trying to create) believable snow.

Render is not yet finished, hasn't even anti-aliased yet.

snow_field_3_copy.jpg
    540 x 720 - 370K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 2012

chohole said:

That looks super, as long as one can afford Max and is willing to invest the time in learning to use it well.

Lacking both the cash and the inclination to do either I shall continue with my own experiments in creating (or trying to create) believable snow.

I can't afford it either. But it's good snow. Here's a ground snow, renders fast under certain conditions. I'll post you.

Edit and number 2 - without resorting to ambient - which is a little more tricky to achieve.

Qsm2.jpg
    889 x 500 - 290K
    Qsm1.jpg
    889 x 500 - 274K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

It's a pity Bryce doesn't have scripting support (something that has been mentioned endless times).

If it had, those tricks you use for making things cling to certain angles could be automated and applied on a global scale, effectively creating something like that plugin. You could have it work by setting a snow direction and having Bryce use an Occlusion or even the TA algorithm to work out where the snow would hit, and then to decide whether it sticks to the surface using the slope features.

For something that looks so impressive, it probably wouldn't be that hard to code into Bryce.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I saw mention somwhere not sure if it was this forum or Renderosity, about a plugin for snow for either DAZ Studio or Poser.. (free if I recall correctly)

edited December 1969

Snarlygribbles snow machine ? A poser thingy, not sure if it would come over into Bryce though.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Snarlygribbles snow machine ? A poser thingy, not sure if it would come over into Bryce though.

thats the one, haven't gotten it, thinking I should just stick with DAZ Studio and pull the poser stuff I like over to it.. that Garibaldi Har plugin is coming along nicely for DAZ (I am in on the beta test) while its not dynamic, it IS easy to use and produces decent hair (won't import into bryce either)

This discussion has been closed.