Dynamic cloth + related Carrara plugins - Best Practices, Tips and Renders

12346»

Comments

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    PhilW said:

See above - sounds like the issue you are having is the same as JonStark, when he put the VWD file in the C: drive it fixed everything.

The path is C:/VWD

I even tried to copy everything into C: so the path would be C:/

Also tried to run Carrara as a administrator.......

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2017

try using the path  C:\VWD\    not  C:/VWD

might work?

I expect it's just a typo in your post tho

this is what my python looks like C:\Python27

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

yeah... doesn't seem to work on Windows 7 for some reason :(

edited July 2017

yeah... doesn't seem to work on Windows 7 for some reason :(

Hi Dart, it works on win 7 and win 10 for me.

my experience today -

Today I had two instances of Carrara 8.5 open - if that happens VWD wont work on the second one - fails to populate host list.

I saved out my file in the objects file - when I reloaded it later VWD still failed to populate the host list.

I then tried it with two vertex objects in a new file - worked fine.

So I imported my first file into the second one with the two vertex objects - worked fine.

so yes, strange things happen.. and it is finicky

PS if you want to fix poke through just do a static run and untick inertia - then once you have this new object rename it and use it for your dynamic sim

also keep your chractar names simple eg rename K4(3) t0 'kid'

PS this is what I am working on at moment - 90 percent of the character's clothes have been vwd'd

viewing like this tells you what needs smoothing

Untitled-1.jpg
    1571 x 1360 - 1M
    Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2018

Hey folks.

having trouble with VWD.  Seems to have paused. Could I have inadvertently hit a pause button?  I tried going to the simulation parameters tab a hitting stop dynamic simulation and then restarting.  It got to frame 11 of a 30 frame simulation.  The bottom right notification says 0 vertices selected like it is waiting for something.

my task manager says that Carrara is still using anywhere between 5% and 15% CPU, yet VWD is using 0-0.1%

how do I get it to resume?

Post edited by Diomede on

hmm, you could clear the exchange files or whatever .... look in the utility section ??? at work sorry so no computer with carrara

good luck

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Thanks Andrew.  - I ended up stopping the simulation completely and starting over.  Have no explanation for why, but the simulation worked fine the second time.  Sometimes, ours is not to wonder why.

• I have a question before I decide to purchase the VWD Cloth and Hair. All I see are Daz propertiary models like Michael and Victoria, etc. I don't work with Daz models. I use my own models for my proyects. The question is: Is this plugin work with any other rigged models? I want this for Carrara since I have plans to make an animated short film and the problems I have is with the clothes.