23nd BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE @@@ SPORT @@@

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2016

That last one, Drachenlords, is a real action shot...love it wink

Great idea, S Ray. Btw, your gallery adv., is very cool, but it hurts my eyes cheeky

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,304
    edited September 2016

OK so here's my first attempt:

Entry #1 Triathlon 1: Swimmers

My husband is a keen spectator of triathlons (he used to swim, cycle and run a bit in his youth, though not at a seriously competetive level) so I thought I'd try something related to that.
    The scene uses one of the terrains from High Resolution Terrain Set 3, water from Set 4 and sky from the Sunless HDRI Skies set. The swimmers are Genesis males imported from DAZ Studio.

The figures from DS seem to be a bit blocky and I'm not sure how to fix that? (The heel in the foreground is the most obvious part)

Triathlon-Swimmers.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 657K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • vosvos Posts: 337

@S Ray-Fishing -Very nice,great pov  .   Yep green girls have more  fun.

@ drachenlords -Free climbing. great pov ,beautiful image.Diver is my fav. wonderful.Motocross. Great  one.  

@Dave Savage-In The Rough-great one - Football Ball - wonderful .

@ MelanieL-Swimmers - 

My entry  Woody  "The football coach "

His  2 allien friends  never heard  of football so  Woody  bought a few  footballs ​ and  they  start  to play .

The  alien  by the trees by MatCreator. 

sport.jpg
    960 x 720 - 260K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

drachenlords: Very good work. Great posing, wonderful feeling of speed!

adbc: Ach ja, ik was natuurlijk ook niet echt serieus. Wilde alleen even suggereren, dat het wel eens verrassend kan zijn om woorden met een betekenis uit een andere taal als uitgangspunt te nemen. Uiteraard ga ik volledig mee met de Engelse mores!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

vos : nice idea, great render.

Hansmar : natuurlijk  ! (of course) 

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,357

Drachenlords - Motocross is a great render

Melaniel - wow a very nice rende

Vos - cool, unusual idea - that "thinking outside the box"  yes

edited September 2016

MelanieL : a really great idea.

My first entry : Chess ?

Chess _.jpg
    973 x 486 - 102K
    Post edited by Chohole on

vos - nice surreal render, cool atmospheric effect - I guess those footballs won't be rolling very far though.

adbc - ooh, i never thought of boardgame sports! Nice image, the "man" with the ????s in the middle certainly made me wonder: "?"

(And thanks for your comments on mine - mermaid too)

Very nice, MelanieL...an unusual POV.

Nice concept, Adbc...a 'sport'...perhaps, to make us critically, questionable and logically think about our next move(s), our our next waistelines, too - in the game of life and otherwises. Swimming, is a wonderful sport that certainly looses the weight: need to do more water activities...and walking...and exercise...and less sugar...and air...WHAT...heh heindecision

Great concept. MelanieL...to be honest...I had thought of a swimming mode submission - you got in before me, but your one supercedes my initial thought, so very nice concept and work.

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,503
    edited September 2016

MelanieL - Swimmers look very good, great idea.

vos - very special. I like how they throw cube "balls"; very tricky to catch, I reckon.

adbs - great idea, that's sport for the brain, which also needs a bit of training now and then.

Post edited by Horo on

MelanieL, Jamahoney, Horo : thank you for your comment.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,357

Adbc - nice idea great render

• Great renders, everyone!

Thanks for your comments, Jamahoney and Horo.

• S Ray said:

Dave Savage…wow the detail. Are those  models ( Scoccer & Golf ) or texture mapping  spheres? Nice camera blur to

Thanks. The Football is a 2 component model (from 3DArchive) with my tweaked Leather material applied... The Golf ball is a simple sphere with a dotted bump texture applied.

All great renders from everyone.... After a slow start, things are hotting up now excellent. smiley

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

Melanie, Vos, adbc: very nice entries from you! Great out-of the box thinking by Vos and adbc and wonderful POV by Melanie.

Maybe I have an idea for someone who is good at posing and clothing people. I saw a documentary on the Steve Bartman incidence in a Baseball game of the Chicago cubs. Chicago Cubs fan Steve Bartman did what every fan, close to the wall, did, when a high ball came towards him: just like all around him, he tried to catch it. But, he did not notice that a Chicago Cubs outfielder probably could catch it too and make the second out in the innings. The Cubs were 3-0 ahead and looking good. However, because Bartman deflected the ball, the outfielder did not make the out. Then, miraculously, the Marlins (opposite of the Cubs) scored 8 runs in that innings and the Cubs lost the game. Bartman was considered to be the cause of all of this and since it resulted in the Cubs not getting into the finals of the World Series, he was threathened by those around him and the whole crowd turned against him. He had to be exported from the stands by security people and people made  threats to him for weeks and years after. So, here is my idea. Instead of Bartman trying to catch the ball and being a scapegoat for years, he becomes the hero, by holding back those surrounding him so that the outfielder can catch the ball.

It would be a great piece of alternative sports history, but, too complicated for me! It requires posing a lot of people trying to catch a ball (in Cubs shirts) on a stand, one man bracing himself to keep them from touching the ball and the gloved hand and arm of the outfielder almost catching the ball. I would vote for anyone that can pull this off within the next month!

I have other ideas and might even have a try at one of them !?

edited September 2016

That rules me out, Hansmar...as I've been brought up with gaelic games (sadly, I'm not particularly interested in any of them, or sports in general....yet

, we are out there frown), but a great suggestion otherwise: good luck with such attempts - your's and other's challenged.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

mermaid 010, Hansmar : Thanks.

Hansmar : don't know anything about sports (not even chess !), your idea is great, someone might try it.....

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@sray...Fishing... very cool image and POV
    @drachenlords... Freee Climbing...Scary.. great texture on the rock...Diver.. love the light rays... Motocross  Great image... and the dust is excellent
    @davesavage.. In the rough.. You can make the shot!  Football Ball..  Great clear image... terrific texture on the ball
    @melaniel...Swimmers  Very cool... love the texture of the water...
    @adbc... Chess... is really fun... the announcer "setting up the rules "everybody play a fair game...  Let it Begin!"
    @vos...  The Football Coach... Fun image... Looks like a fun sports park complete with water vollyball

Here is my first entry  Sport of Kings

M4,  AK Solid Gear (bracers) from Daz ... As was mentioned in the read me for this I encountered  the (possible) poke thru of M4 hand through the glove, so I touched that up in Photo Shop

Daz's Eagle 2  I had a heck of a time getting the textures to load on the Eagle properly...

SPORT OF KINGS.jpg
    960 x 720 - 676K

mtnmen - great idea, never thought of that. Very well done.

edited October 2016

mtnmen : Really great render and a very original idea.

Thank you for your comment as well.

Post edited by adbc on

mtnmen - clever idea, falconry (or should that be "eaglery"?) And thanks for your comments on mine.
    Thanks for your comments too, Hansmar

edited October 2016

Entry #2 Triathlon 2: Cyclists

Well I crashed Bryce several times before I got this together (trying to fit in too much I suppose) so there are a few instances in play instead of the individual plants I had planned.
    The same terrain in the background as the swimmers, but with my own terrain in front. Sunless HDRI Sky again too.

Triathlon-Cyclists.jpg
    1536 x 768 - 1M
    Post edited by MelanieL on

MelanieL : Very well done realistic picture. I'm impressed !

MelanieL - well done cyclists, nice backdrop, too.

Thank you, adbc and Horo - now I just need to think of a way to do part 3 (runners) that's not too same-y.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited October 2016

Good Ideas you all have... and very well done smiley

So I'll show my first entry: Jogging.

This is one of the Yosemite-HDRI, with my Jogging Girl.

Jogging.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on

Phewww..so many wonderful renders and topics of sports...can't comment - as too, too many.

Below, a sports's viewer perspective...just for fun (I'm not really in to sports etc.,, so forgive me for 'funning' it up)...entitled 'Sport's Fan'.

Jay 

GOAL.jpg
    1475 x 855 - 527K

Yellw Pen - beautiful place, well done.

Jamahoney - great idea. I first thought that was a contest of beer guzzling. laugh