23nd BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE @@@ SPORT @@@

Comments

• vosvos Posts: 337

My second one  The Dark Side 

Sport Equipment,green guy,syringe and ant= archive3d.

Photo Statue Marco Pantani  ( Colle Fauniera )

Photo with  pool table   ,the player is friend of my daughter . 

The dark side of sport.jpg
    960 x 720 - 231K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,503

Cool idea and very well done.

• thanks again for the nice comments here smiley

Sandy: I'm glad that I could inspire you with my horses.... your Elephants are funny, too laugh

and here is my last entry: Beachvolleyball.

Beachball.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 508K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,304

Fishtales - nice job! The blokes with the polo mallets seem to have a precarious role - couldn't they get longer poles?

• Thanks for the nice comments everyone! 

MelanieL said:

Fencepost - neat mascot (but how will they play now he's destroyed that ball?!)

MelanieL - That's when they'll send the other team in to get recover it! wink

Nice work fishtails, vos, and Yellow Pen.  I'm envious of those who can pose their characters and come up with great scenes!  Good jobs!

MelanieL said:

ishtales - nice job! The blokes with the polo mallets seem to have a precarious role - couldn't they get longer poles?

MelanieL - The riders keep their extra mallets in their "trunks"! LOL

Yellow Pen - Beachvolleyball looks great.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

vos : impressive image, original idea.

Yellow Pen : Beachvolleyball is a great render.

vos - a really unique look, nicely done

Yelllow Pen - good one - nice POV, it gives a feeling of movement to the scene.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

horo, vos, adbc, drachenlords... thanks for the comments
    @fencepost52... Gators is great.. really great lighting
    @fishtales... Elephant Polo... fun image... leave it to us humans to come up with this...
    @vos...  very interesting and wonderfully strange image... love the ornamental cabbage
    @yellowpen... Beachvolleyball ... great movement and pov

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

vos: What a wonderful original render. 

Yellow Pen: Great POV! Very active and dynamic render. Just a pity we don't see some dust (sand) cloud behind her foot. You usually kick up some sand when jumping like that on the beach.

I finally got inspiration. Now, to find the time...... But. luckily, my fast laptop is working again (after reïnstalling windows 10 and much other software). Still some pieces to reïnstall, unfortunately...

edited October 2016

My last entry : Let's play tennis.

Let's play tennis.jpg
    987 x 493 - 81K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 399

#2............8 Ball

8 Ball.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 623K

adbc - very special and charming how you've depicted this tennis setting.

S Ray - ready for a game of billiard, great idea and superbly done.

S Ray : very detailed image, like Horo says : superbly done.

Horo : thank you for your comment.

adbc: Very colourful and original tennis render. I guess her feet would not like to play like this, though.

S-ray: Great work. I struggled to find something without people (I didn't), but you have a very good scene here. But it almost looks like the balls are not on the table. Must be my perception.

Hansmar : thanks. Oh, yes the pose of her feet, I'm sure she will move them when she plays, it's only a snapshot wink

adbc - wow, what a colourful image! (I wonder if Hansmar was referring to the bareness of her feet?)

S Ray - nice idea.

MelanieL said:

adbc - wow, what a colourful image! (I wonder if Hansmar was referring to the bareness of her feet?)

S Ray - nice idea.

I was indeed referring to her playing om bare feet. I think you can play several sports on bare feet, but tennis, in my opinion, is not one of them, due to the need for turning quickly. Of course, once you have enough callusses, it will be possible!

edited October 2016

MelanieL : thanks.

I was not aware of that.

What I was trying to do was some kind of an image to represent tennis, did not think about shoes though.

Personally I don't know anything about sports, even don't like it, but Hansmar's remark makes sense in real life.smiley

Yep Hansmar me too have some computer problems to solve, those machines give me an headache sometimes,

maybe this is the sport I'm practicing !

Post edited by adbc on

@adbc... let's play tennis is very psychedelic... Fun image
    @sray... 8 Ball... Fabulous!

Okay, for a challenge theme that didn't make me juice, initially, here I am with a third entry
    Title: Bit of a Sticky Wicket, What?
    balls, mallet and wickets + post  made in Hexagon.. The trees XFrog, the hedge a freebie from Content Paradise

Bit of a Sticky Wicket What jpeg.jpg
    960 x 720 - 671K
    edited October 2016

@mtnmen: Very nice colours and a great POV in this one.

I was able to leave computer problems behind (for now) and found some inspiration while cycling to work. In this render, the sun is higher than I saw it, but with a lower  sun, there is too much shadow for my liking. Golf outfit by Wilmap's digital creations, which is great for conforming clothing items. Mostly Bryce trees, my own grass and some X-frog plants as well as quite a few 2D plants in the background.

Title: Early morning golf.

Early morning golf.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

mtnmen : Great colours, nice render !

Hansmar : I'll give you a 10 out of 10 for inspiration but also for the result !

Computers he .... always trouble !

mtnmen - very cool, this close-up.

Hansmar - very nice render with the rising fog in the early morning.

adbc said:

Hansmar : I'll give you a 10 out of 10 for inspiration but also for the result !

Computers he .... always trouble !

Yes. But, I'll have to admit that I wouldn't be able to do my Bryce renders without one laugh

• @ Vos: great idea on the subject
    @Yellow Pen: Beach Vollyball has a great perspective. Very well done.
    @adbc: This tennis court is unusual, but looks great. Reminds me of the cover of a video game. Great.
    @S Ray: Fantastic close-up. Very realistic.
    @mtnmen: Beautiful render. I like it.
    @Hansmar: I did not know that golf can be so interesting. Beautifully done.

drachenlords : thank you.

Hansmar : I agree and finding the solution is sometimes a challenge.

mtnmen - lovely colours and interesting angle (the player will be lucky to get through that space!)

Hansmar - I love your misty morning, a very chill-inducing scene! (Lucky they have their sweaters on)

@hansmar... Early Morning Golf..cool image.. love the plaid pants... very appropriate
    adbc, horo,drachenlords, melaniel... thanks for the comments

• S RayS Ray Posts: 399

#3   Game Balls

GameBalls.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 346K
    edited October 2016

adbcHorodrachenlordsMelanieLmtnmen: Thanks. The clothing, as mentioned, is from Wilmap's, which produces loads of nice conforming clothes. And it's free! Luckily, she also produced some golf-items, otherwise it would not have been such a success, I think.

S Ray: nice set of balls.

Post edited by Hansmar on